Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Tire pressure warning - 6 rear

I

can I drive 40 miles home on this ? Tks
Old 06-23-2019, 03:06 PM
BlueNorther
Pro

Received 153 Likes on 92 Posts

Yes if it is not dropping further. If it goes down another PSI or two, get out the compressor and fill it up. Check tread for nail. Repeat fill as needed. If not dropping fast you should be able to make it 40 miles. Good luck
Old 06-23-2019, 03:06 PM
Paliknight
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Why not just top it off at a local gas station
The following users liked this post:
shammerman (06-23-2019)
Old 06-23-2019, 04:03 PM
spyd
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Paliknight
Why not just top it off at a local gas station
Seems as if most gas stations having air available is a thing of the past. I drove home have that distance with both fronts indicating =5 lbs., but for some reason the readings were false and later it returned to same normal readings. ???? Beats me.
Old 06-23-2019, 04:24 PM
koala
Three Wheelin'

Received 540 Likes on 316 Posts

There is an air compressor in the front trunk in the battery area
Old 06-23-2019, 05:32 PM
kage65
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by spyd
Seems as if most gas stations having air available is a thing of the past. I drove home have that distance with both fronts indicating =5 lbs., but for some reason the readings were false and later it returned to same normal readings. ???? Beats me.
I did pull in a gas station and added some air, but the hose pressure gauge was rusted and unreadable and I had no gauge on me ( I do now) . I did not add much as I did not want to overinflate. Warning was still on when I started the car again. Then I went and bought a gauge and checked it and both rears were at 35 (hot of course). Warning went off temporarily then came back on again. And then later warning came on showing the rear right and left were now both low....

Home now and ill wait a few hours for the tires to cool and check them all again. Tks for the quick help.
Old 06-23-2019, 05:59 PM
koala
Three Wheelin'

Received 540 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by kage65
I did pull in a gas station and added some air, but the hose pressure gauge was rusted and unreadable and I had no gauge on me ( I do now) . I did not add much as I did not want to overinflate. Warning was still on when I started the car again. Then I went and bought a gauge and checked it and both rears were at 35 (hot of course). Warning went off temporarily then came back on again. And then later warning came on showing the rear right and left were now both low....

Home now and ill wait a few hours for the tires to cool and check them all again. Tks for the quick help.
I'd jack the car up and take a look at the complete tire, probably a small puncture somewhere. You can also get the valve stem tool from your front trunk and try tightening the valve stem to ensure it's not leaking. I had a flat tire on my 911 due to the valve stem being loose.
Old 06-23-2019, 06:24 PM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 888 Likes on 400 Posts

Another thing to try it's going into your multifunction display and changing the setting to comfort and then full load and then back to partial. That has cleared the fault out for me in the past. I tend to keep my tires down right near the bottom limit of partial load, so I get some warnings regularly. Hope it's digital drama vice actual drama for ya!

Quick Reply: Tire pressure warning - 6 rear