Sponsored by:

Shock towers squeaking ??!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2020, 08:15 AM
mtony
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
Hi guys, I plan to do this simple project this weekend, as the car sits with the current virus and "Stay At Home Orders". From my picture, can you please tell me were I put the grease? Thank you.:

Around the shock absorber center nut (The nut with the cable going into it). You should be able to see some of the rubber mount around that nut. I used Formula 303 protectant because I felt that the liquid would penetrate better than grease and won't damage the rubber, but others have had good luck with lithium grease. My one time spray has lasted around 4 years now!
Old 04-02-2020, 08:20 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,407 Likes on 2,514 Posts

Originally Posted by mtony
Around the shock absorber center nut (The nut with the cable going into it). You should be able to see some of the rubber mount around that nut. I used Formula 303 protectant because I felt that the liquid would penetrate better than grease and won't damage the rubber, but others have had good luck with lithium grease. My one time spray has lasted around 4 years now!
Thank you, Mtony. Stay healthy.
Old 05-30-2023, 06:58 PM
911T991
Intermediate

Received 45 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by mtony
My upper strut mounts were squeaking, but the dealer replaced the tank pads. After the squeaking came back, I sprayed some 303 Aerospace Protectant on the upper mounts and the squeaking has been gone for a couple of years now.
This did the trick for me as well after silicone spray didn't make a difference. I either didn't use enough silicone spray or the 303 spray is what made the real difference.
The following users liked this post:
mtony (05-30-2023)

Quick Reply: Shock towers squeaking ??!