Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche wheels w/ more aggressive offset for GTS

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2019 | 12:01 PM
eysa
Rennlist Member

Default Porsche wheels w/ more aggressive offset for GTS

Really want a more aggressive offset on my .2 Coupe GTS and since no spacers are available for the CL's and i'm really not in the mood to spend $10k on HRE i'm thinking maybe there's a factory Porsche wheel that will fit and have a more aggressive offset. Anyone know which ones if any work on the .2 GTS? I searched and as far as I can tell the GT3 wheels will be better in the rears and slightly worst in the front. Anyone?
Old 06-14-2019 | 12:04 PM
LargePuppy
Rennlist Member

There's other wheel makers that can build a CL wheel other than HRE, and also for less than 10K
Old 06-14-2019 | 12:12 PM
nilaz
Rennlist Member

You are driving a Porsche 991.2 GTS.
You should be able to know what you want why you want it and then take the right decision.

Aggressive offset in front means too many Stones chips in your wide body fenders. Are you ready for this?

Do you need the Aggressive offset only for aesthetic reason or performance upgrade?

HRE has many wheels with lower price than 10K which can meet your requirements.
In case you want to reduce rotation mass by using lightweight wheels you have to pay.

I can tell you GTS OEM wheels are not heavy therefore in case you buy low cost centerlocks most probably will be even heavier than OEM.

If i was in US i will buy for sure either HREs or BBS FIRs.

You Will not regret it.
Old 06-14-2019 | 12:42 PM
eysa
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nilaz
You are driving a Porsche 991.2 GTS.
You should be able to know what you want why you want it and then take the right decision.

Aggressive offset in front means too many Stones chips in your wide body fenders. Are you ready for this?

Do you need the Aggressive offset only for aesthetic reason or performance upgrade?

HRE has many wheels with lower price than 10K which can meet your requirements.
In case you want to reduce rotation mass by using lightweight wheels you have to pay.

I can tell you GTS OEM wheels are not heavy therefore in case you buy low cost centerlocks most probably will be even heavier than OEM.

If i was in US i will buy for sure either HREs or BBS FIRs.

You Will not regret it.
It's strictly for aesthetic reason. I didn't realize the possibility of excessive stone chips on the rear fenders and I definitely don't want heavier wheels which is why I was thinking another factory wheel should be of equal weight. Will a simple 5mm more aggressive offset on the front still cause more stone chips? I read in a thread here that someone used some suspension parts from elephant something and achieved a more aggressive look but can't find it again. Will that also result in more stone chips? I don't daily or track my car but still don't want to increase the chances of stone chips.
Old 06-14-2019 | 12:47 PM
nilaz
Rennlist Member

My 991.2 GTS with OEM wheels has already stone chips in the rear fenders.

This is normal for a widebody car if you drive it.
In case is a garage queen it Will not be a problem.

My car is full PPF covered plus extra stone guards therefore i am not concerned.

I will be very careful with Offsets in order to avoid waste 5-6K USD instead of pay 7-8K USD for the right wheels on the right specs.

Spend some time on the forum and you Will find your answer based on your personal preference.
Old 06-14-2019 | 12:50 PM
BIGWORM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by eysa
It's strictly for aesthetic reason. I didn't realize the possibility of excessive stone chips on the rear fenders and I definitely don't want heavier wheels which is why I was thinking another factory wheel should be of equal weight. Will a simple 5mm more aggressive offset on the front still cause more stone chips? I read in a thread here that someone used some suspension parts from elephant something and achieved a more aggressive look but can't find it again. Will that also result in more stone chips? I don't daily or track my car but still don't want to increase the chances of stone chips.
Your car in stock form will hammer the stone guards as is. See how they look after a year. That whole rear fender gets hammered. The more you push out, the more that will show. I'd like a flush look too. But unless you have full stone protection, Id not bother.
Old 06-15-2019 | 11:16 AM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Really want a more aggressive offset on my .2 Coupe GTS and since no spacers are available for the CL's and i'm really not in the mood to spend $10k on HRE i'm thinking maybe there's a factory Porsche wheel that will fit and have a more aggressive offset. Anyone know which ones if any work on the .2 GTS? I searched and as far as I can tell the GT3 wheels will be better in the rears and slightly worst in the front. Anyone?
The simple solution to the rock chips is to have the hips of the car coated with ceramic pro - similar to what you would do with the front end of the car. It isn't very expensive and goes a long way toward protecting that area from any damage.

As another member mentioned there are other wheels brands that offer centerlock wheels options for far less than $10k. HRE too. A wheel like the HRE RC104 I am showcasing below is a perfect example of this. It is one of their most lightweight wheel options, can be built to have aggressive offsets, and starts below $7,000.

Wheels Boutique // 786 249 0127 // Sales@wheelsboutique.com
Follow us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique
Largest Dealer In The World for HRE Wheels, ANRKY Wheels, Vorsteiner Wheels & Aero, Akrapovic Exhaust, & iPE Exhaust
BBS, Forgeline, & TechArt Premium Dealer
Brembo / Rotiform / KW / H&R / Novitec / Brabus / Mansory and tons more...
Old 06-15-2019 | 11:31 AM
Norge911
Rennlist Member

Also call FINSPEED. They will make custom forged aluminum wheels for same price as the HRE. They stock billets so quick turnaround. Located in Austin, TX
Old 06-21-2019 | 10:12 AM
ryandarr1979
Three Wheelin'

Stock GT3 rear wheels will come out to the edge of the quarter panel in the rear but the front wheels will tuck about 1/3 of an inch total track, which is negligible and I couldn’t notice the difference visually or driving. But if you want to counteract it, you can easily. You can offset this and actually pick up a little more front track than stock GTS wheels a couple easy ways. 1. Do elephant racing adjustable LCAs or do stock GT3 LCAs (but require shims, the ER LCAs don’t). 2. Just do Elephant Racing Eccentric Offset Front Solid LCA bushings, and adjust the top of the strut out for more front camber to compensate for the increased lower camber from the offset bushings. I picked up a half inch of track this way. The GT3 wheels and tires cost me $3500, a new set of MPSC2s was another $1500, the Elephant Racing bushings with install and alignment was another $$900.
Old 06-21-2019 | 10:50 AM
scottryla
Advanced

Plenty of options out there. Vossen, BC Forged, Rotiform just to name a few.
Old 06-21-2019 | 04:59 PM
Ecosse911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ryandarr1979
Stock GT3 rear wheels will come out to the edge of the quarter panel in the rear but the front wheels will tuck about 1/3 of an inch total track, which is negligible and I couldn’t notice the difference visually or driving. But if you want to counteract it, you can easily. You can offset this and actually pick up a little more front track than stock GTS wheels a couple easy ways. 1. Do elephant racing adjustable LCAs or do stock GT3 LCAs (but require shims, the ER LCAs don’t). 2. Just do Elephant Racing Eccentric Offset Front Solid LCA bushings, and adjust the top of the strut out for more front camber to compensate for the increased lower camber from the offset bushings. I picked up a half inch of track this way. The GT3 wheels and tires cost me $3500, a new set of MPSC2s was another $1500, the Elephant Racing bushings with install and alignment was another $$900.
Did you also lower? I have CL’s and would really like to lower my GTS (spasm). The wheel tuck is livable standard but i think it will look pretty bad lowered. Can you post some pics? Thanks
Old 06-23-2019 | 01:00 PM
eysa
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ecosse911
Did you also lower? I have CL’s and would really like to lower my GTS (spasm). The wheel tuck is livable standard but i think it will look pretty bad lowered. Can you post some pics? Thanks
+1
Old 06-23-2019 | 02:15 PM
KP993
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ecosse911

I lowered the car with SPASM by about half an inch. To me the stock CL wheel looks just fine.
Old 06-23-2019 | 02:26 PM
eysa
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KP993

I lowered the car with SPASM by about half an inch. To me the stock CL wheel looks just fine.
That looks great. Did you simply install SPASM springs? If so how's the ride compared to PASM?
Old 06-23-2019 | 02:57 PM
KP993
Rennlist Member

That looks great. Did you simply install SPASM springs? If so how's the ride compared to PASM?
My GTS came with SPASM. I lowered it by half an inch with H&R VTF adjustable lowering springs. The ride is about the same as stock most of the time except when going over some speed bumps the ride is more “jarring”. Also, even with just half an inch it scrapes a lot more than stock height. I can’t imagine lowering it any further than that.

Quick Reply: Porsche wheels w/ more aggressive offset for GTS