Notices
991
Sponsored by:

991.2 GTS Sharkwerks exhaust

 
Old 06-11-2019, 05:59 AM
  #1  
head1
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 7
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 991.2 GTS Sharkwerks exhaust

Hi!!

I´m super happy about my 991.2 GTS, I´ve had it since new april 2018. Now I´m thinking of upgrading the exhaust to the Sharkwerks exhaust.

Has anyone heard and installed this? How does it sound? Is it worth it?

/M, Sweden


head1 is offline  
Old 06-11-2019, 10:56 AM
  #2  
JT_
User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Montreal
Posts: 24
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Just installed the Sharkwerks exhaust on my 2017 4S a week ago and I can't complain, love it. In normal mode, it's much louder compared to stock, but I never drove in normal mode to begin with. No burbles, which is good when entering a quiet neighborhood or to avoid unnecessary attention.

Sport mode, the burbles / popcorn is much more noticeable. Some people find there's a bit of drone effect around 2200-2600 RPM - It is louder, but I have no complaints, neither do my wife or my daughters. I was riding with a few friends over the weekend (997 C4S + 991.1 GT3RS) and they said the car sounds amazing, which was very flattering I must admit.

I will be driving the car on the track in a couple of weeks, there's a 92dB restriction, I'm not concerned, I highly doubt I'll get black flagged.

I won't lie, it's a lot of money, but I have no ragrets.

TL;DR - Do it.
JT_ is online now  
Old 06-11-2019, 01:36 PM
  #3  
Hurricane
Super User
 
Hurricane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 3,519
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by head1 View Post
Hi!!

I´m super happy about my 991.2 GTS, I´ve had it since new april 2018. Now I´m thinking of upgrading the exhaust to the Sharkwerks exhaust.

Has anyone heard and installed this? How does it sound? Is it worth it?

/M, Sweden

I am going to hijack this thread and tell you that your car looks awesome. Great photo - love the aircraft in the background! Very cool!
Hurricane is offline  
Old 06-11-2019, 03:52 PM
  #4  
zunayed
User
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Boston
Posts: 48
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Installing the Sharkwerks tomorrow on my T. Granted, I have sport cats so the change in sound won't be exactly the same but I think it'll be pretty informative nonetheless. Will post initial impressions after the installation.

P.S: My T is also GR like yours!
zunayed is offline  
Old 06-11-2019, 05:35 PM
  #5  
thesaintusa
User
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 36
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
I am going to hijack this thread and tell you that your car looks awesome. Great photo - love the aircraft in the background! Very cool!
That isn't a plane in the background.

That is the new GT5-RSS super wing high mount kit for the 911.
thesaintusa is online now  
Old 06-12-2019, 06:15 AM
  #6  
head1
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 7
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by JT_ View Post
Just installed the Sharkwerks exhaust on my 2017 4S a week ago and I can't complain, love it. In normal mode, it's much louder compared to stock, but I never drove in normal mode to begin with. No burbles, which is good when entering a quiet neighborhood or to avoid unnecessary attention.

Sport mode, the burbles / popcorn is much more noticeable. Some people find there's a bit of drone effect around 2200-2600 RPM - It is louder, but I have no complaints, neither do my wife or my daughters. I was riding with a few friends over the weekend (997 C4S + 991.1 GT3RS) and they said the car sounds amazing, which was very flattering I must admit.

I will be driving the car on the track in a couple of weeks, there's a 92dB restriction, I'm not concerned, I highly doubt I'll get black flagged.

I won't lie, it's a lot of money, but I have no ragrets.

TL;DR - Do it.
Thanks for your reply!! I will order it this week, if a GT3 RS owner thinks it sounds amazing then it should be good!!!

Did you install it yourself?
head1 is offline  
Old 06-12-2019, 06:16 AM
  #7  
head1
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 7
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by zunayed View Post
Installing the Sharkwerks tomorrow on my T. Granted, I have sport cats so the change in sound won't be exactly the same but I think it'll be pretty informative nonetheless. Will post initial impressions after the installation.

P.S: My T is also GR like yours!
Cool!! Let us know what your first impressions are!!!
head1 is offline  
Old 06-12-2019, 06:19 AM
  #8  
head1
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 7
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
I am going to hijack this thread and tell you that your car looks awesome. Great photo - love the aircraft in the background! Very cool!
Thanks!!! It´s a Swedish Saab SK60. Used to train our fighter pilots since many years. This is the first aircraft they will fly ever. I think Sweden is one of very few countries that the pilots fly jets as their first airplane. It´s been in service since 1967 with some upgrades during the years.
head1 is offline  
Old 06-12-2019, 03:40 PM
  #9  
JT_
User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Montreal
Posts: 24
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by head1 View Post
Thanks for your reply!! I will order it this week, if a GT3 RS owner thinks it sounds amazing then it should be good!!!

Did you install it yourself?
Had it installed by a friend who also happens to be my mechanic. It's not all that difficult to be honest, but time was playing against me, so I had it done. I believe it took about three hours.
JT_ is online now  
Old 06-12-2019, 07:30 PM
  #10  
zunayed
User
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Boston
Posts: 48
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Okay first impressions time. Didn’t manage to open her up because I just collected the car after work and had to deal with rush hour. Impressions based on 1 hour drive in stop and go traffic:

1. Sounds great on startup. There’s a nice deep rumble while stationary.
2. Sounds great in the higher RPMs (above 3.2k) from the few times I managed to actually floor it.
3. PSE off is much louder than before install. Maybe a bit too loud. We’ll see.
4. Overwhelming drone on Sport mode between 2k- 3.2k. It kept resonating in my ear and started to become quite painful. This is regardless of PSE on or off.
5.Normal and Sport+ are much better with tolerable drone between 2k-3.2k. Not gone, just acceptable enough for me.

I’ll get out again in a bit when there’s less traffic and re-evaluate. Based on first impressions, I don’t think the Sport Cats and Sharkwerk exhaust play well together.
zunayed is offline  
Old 06-12-2019, 07:34 PM
  #11  
Psorcery
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 1,262
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default

Why this exhaust? I think it's junk and a waste of time, money, and effort.

Would you consider it if it was called DolphinWorks?
Psorcery is online now  
Old 06-12-2019, 07:52 PM
  #12  
zunayed
User
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Boston
Posts: 48
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Psorcery View Post
Why this exhaust? I think it's junk and a waste of time, money, and effort.

Would you consider it if it was called DolphinWorks?
Maybe, maybe not. But regardless of how it is, we all know you have a vendetta against aftermarket exhausts.

I haven’t thrown away my Porsche muffler, if I find that the SW exhaust isn’t for me I’ll sell it and be done. And other people will read the reviews and make a decision for themselves. However, you’re not going to dissuade anyone from buying the product by calling it “junk” or “DolphonWorks”. Maybe try articulating why you think it’s “junk”, contrary to most others on Rennlist who like it? Currently, you’re not providing value to the topic, just wasting your time.
zunayed is offline  
Old 06-12-2019, 08:27 PM
  #13  
Psorcery
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 1,262
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by zunayed View Post
Maybe, maybe not. But regardless of how it is, we all know you have a vendetta against aftermarket exhausts.

I haven’t thrown away my Porsche muffler, if I find that the SW exhaust isn’t for me I’ll sell it and be done. And other people will read the reviews and make a decision for themselves. However, you’re not going to dissuade anyone from buying the product by calling it “junk” or “DolphonWorks”. Maybe try articulating why you think it’s “junk”, contrary to most others on Rennlist who like it? Currently, you’re not providing value to the topic, just wasting your time.
I have a vendetta against PSE replacement X PIPES only. That's what the cheap-o JAWZ exhaust is. Drone in a $100-$170k+ car, let alone any car.. Are you kidding? You don't see me bashing Kline or Akra do you?

Putting this X pipe on your car is such a backwards step when the money can be put towards high flow cats or bypass pipes which nets you incredible sound AND big gains without drone.

I think there's an emotion felt behind the name Sharkwerks.. So aggressive, and unique. It sounds better than "I've got an AWE muffler".
Psorcery is online now  
Old 06-12-2019, 09:12 PM
  #14  
///M3THOD
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
///M3THOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: ATL
Posts: 480
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by zunayed View Post
Maybe, maybe not. But regardless of how it is, we all know you have a vendetta against aftermarket exhausts.

I haven’t thrown away my Porsche muffler, if I find that the SW exhaust isn’t for me I’ll sell it and be done. And other people will read the reviews and make a decision for themselves. However, you’re not going to dissuade anyone from buying the product by calling it “junk” or “DolphonWorks”. Maybe try articulating why you think it’s “junk”, contrary to most others on Rennlist who like it? Currently, you’re not providing value to the topic, just wasting your time.
People will find the benefits and justify what they spend money on. Its just a fact.

I think the point trying to be made here is that modifying the exhaust cat back on a PSE equipped car isn't providing any real performance benefit whatsoever. Money can be better spent, while achieving the same goal, by replacing the most restrictive part of the exhaust.

Im not going to say anything regarding the quality or design of the piece, but your removing all exhaust resonating material and essentially straight piping your car from the cat back. Tubi makes the exact same exhaust but charges 4.7k! Generally when people end up straight piping their car the results don't exactly meet up with expectations.
///M3THOD is offline  
Old 06-12-2019, 09:13 PM
  #15  
basic666
User
 
basic666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 300
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

good review zunayed, the droning does sound concerning
basic666 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: