Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PSM failure AWD failure Adapted driving enabled consult technician SOLVED for now...

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2019, 09:32 PM
JB 911
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts
Default PSM failure AWD failure Adapted driving enabled consult technician SOLVED for now...

Got the following errors on a recent drive while driving in sport plus in my 991. Sharing in case it helps others -

Warnings may not be word for word, but effectively; PSM failure, AWD failure Adapted driving enabled consult technician 500 miles after 4yr 40k (read spark plug) service. I have 21k on my 991 (but it is 4years old) Lost sport and sport plus modes. I read the error codes got a PO 301 (misfire on 1) and UO418 (something with brake control modulator). Took back to Porsche dealer and they determined damaged coil pack. Replaced coil pack and spark plug on cylinder 1. Others have reported also receiving a start stop disabled warning. Not sure if that is a different situation, but 1. I was in sport plus and 2. on the '15 you have the manual override button for start stop which permanently leaves it off and I leave it off.

Did some searches on RL and found while not common this has happened to a few others. My sense is the coil packs are fragile and easily damaged at a spark plug service. They are not very expensive in Porsche $ if I was DIYing the plugs I'd do the coil packs at the same time, or handle them like glass.

Quick Reply: PSM failure AWD failure Adapted driving enabled consult technician SOLVED for now...