991.1 carrera - when I leave my car unlocked display still on

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2019, 02:55 AM
Jooniper
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 991.1 carrera - when I leave my car unlocked display still on

👋🏼 hi
I just bought my first 911, 2013 carrera.
some unexpected options missing questions.
1. Interior lights on/off when unlock/door open- not available
- I was trying to set up homelink like 20 mins and the battery died. I called my dealer and asked for battery replacement. But then I realized I turned my 2 interior lights on last night, and then it did not go off since I never locked the door. I realized I don’t have the “light on/off when door open” button. Does anyone have same experience and confirm if I am correct?
2. Dashboard never goes off when unlocked
- I also have 2017 Macan, usually I leave it unlocked in garage and after 10 sec all the lights should go off and dark. But this 911, when I close the door, the Porsche logo on dash board never goes off. it only goes completely off when I lock my car. Is this normal?
3. genie key homelink programing doesn’t work
- Is there any specific versions of garage keys that will work with homelink? Should I update the porsche PCM program? I have 2 openers, one worked easily but the other one, genie garage opener doesn’t. Anyone knows why ?

PS. Please forgive me if this the wrong forum. Thanks !
Old 06-03-2019, 09:11 AM
rnl
Burning Brakes

Received 414 Likes on 180 Posts

Genie homelink is tricky. I just did it for our new detached garage. After you pair the car to the fob you need to push the rectangular button on the Genie unit - you will get a purple light - and repeated push the assigned homelink button. It's a rolling code system and truly a Pita. if you have questions, call genie their folks are extremely helpful.
Old 06-03-2019, 06:08 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,118 Likes on 667 Posts

for #2, that is not normal

interior lights and accessories should go off after a few minutes when door is closed and locked or unlocked
Old 06-03-2019, 09:42 PM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Received 327 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
for #2, that is not normal

interior lights and accessories should go off after a few minutes when door is closed and locked or unlocked
Abnormal for a .1 also. Everything goes dark after a min or so, locked or unlocked.
Old 06-03-2019, 09:47 PM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Received 327 Likes on 187 Posts

This may help for the dome lighting when you open door. http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com/...erior-lighting

Quick Reply: 991.1 carrera - when I leave my car unlocked display still on