Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SIM card error message

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2022 | 12:27 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by asellus
The "PORSCHE" plate below the screen flips up. There are three slots there, the middle is for the SIM card, the outer two are for SD cards.

Thank you... didn't even know that.

Just read in another thread, there may be something wrong with the reader.. The OP on that thread had to have the dealer do some sort of a reset.
Old 10-04-2022 | 11:52 AM
silver86
AutoX

This sporadic error just began happening in my 2017 991.2. Everything appears to still function correctly while the error is displayed, though I have not attempted to use Nav/other functions outside of the stereo when it has been displayed. I have not recently changed cell providers/plans/phones.

My temporary work-around to clear the error until I can get it in for service is to flip up the "Porsche" plate, press the sim card to eject it (I do not remove the card from the slot), then press it back into the slot. The error clears for the remaining drive-time...at least so far.

I may not even need the card, since I'm not using any connected services. I need to research further, but just giving my quick feedback.

Last edited by silver86; 10-04-2022 at 12:02 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Big Swole (10-05-2022)

Quick Reply: SIM card error message