Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Found a Targa allocation. Thoughts on build?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2019 | 02:34 AM
Kg11
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
I assume it can be changed? If so do you really want Miami Blue seatbelts? I would add the Smoker's Package to get the cover on the compartment and an extra outlet. There are some little things I would delete and/or add but if it is going to be your car I don't want to influence you, too much!
they should change that name from "smoker's package" to "outlet package". I know europeans like to smoke, but don't they know what a negative connotation it brings in the US? Smoking is not only disgusting, but has almost become a proxy for uneducated cave man/woman. In this area, the only time you smell cigarette smoke is when you go into a convenience store, tattoo parlor, or pass by a construction site. Marijuana, OTOH, is drifting up and down the street in any high-end neighborhood
Old 05-31-2019 | 11:51 AM
JSETarga
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Kg11
they should change that name from "smoker's package" to "outlet package". I know europeans like to smoke, but don't they know what a negative connotation it brings in the US? Smoking is not only disgusting, but has almost become a proxy for uneducated cave man/woman. In this area, the only time you smell cigarette smoke is when you go into a convenience store, tattoo parlor, or pass by a construction site. Marijuana, OTOH, is drifting up and down the street in any high-end neighborhood
So what would you call someone who dips skoal but does not smoke weed or drink or pop pills? Would you call me uneducated or a redneck? Would like to hear my classification.
Old 05-31-2019 | 02:18 PM
fastforddriver
Instructor

Lol, wtf? Peace, love, dope dude.
Old 05-31-2019 | 02:19 PM
LargePuppy
Rennlist Member

Probably classified as human who dips skoal

Originally Posted by JSETarga
So what would you call someone who dips skoal but does not smoke weed or drink or pop pills? Would you call me uneducated or a redneck? Would like to hear my classification.
Old 05-31-2019 | 04:27 PM
Jim991
Burning Brakes

Wow...all I can say as I light up a Gloria Cubana Series R No. 5. I am a cave man I guess. BTW, I could never live there.
Old 05-31-2019 | 05:20 PM
thebrit86
Advanced

Originally Posted by Jim991
Wow...all I can say as I light up a Gloria Cubana Series R No. 5. I am a cave man I guess. BTW, I could never live there.
I have always been more of a Partagas Serie D #4 myself.

Old 06-01-2019 | 01:45 AM
SockToy
Instructor

Hm. Rear axle steering apparently no longer available on the 4s, and no GTS available.
Everything I read is that it's considered a must.

But I havent driven with and without.

Anybody who has 'back to backed' got an opinion? Should I go hunting for a GTS allocation somewhere or just wait for a used with RAS? Other than that one omission I can order exactly the car I want.

Hm.
Old 06-01-2019 | 09:51 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Search this forum on RAS and read the threads, which will show that more than not prefer it. I drove both and ordered with, but you should do the same.
Old 06-01-2019 | 10:58 AM
DaveGee
Rennlist Member

I’ve driven both back to back. Previous 911 didn’t have it, current Targa does. For “normal” street driving, it doesn’t make a substantial difference in my opinion. Perhaps on the track or more aggressive street driving than I do, but I wouldn’t pass up a chance to order new if that was the only option holding me back.

DaveGee
Old 06-03-2019 | 07:59 PM
Werks 1
Racer

try for GTS........ Lots of Fun...ALSO spect with a CXX Option.....Line Turbo S Wheels
Old 06-03-2019 | 08:17 PM
superdog
Racer

RAS is one of my favorite things about the car.

I feel the handling and manuverability is by far and away better than anything else I’ve ever driven.
Old 06-04-2019 | 08:30 AM
Stevelev
Rennlist Member

For what it’s worth, I went from a highly optioned C2S with RAS to my Targa 4 without RAS and don’t miss it. My allocation options were either the base or GTS and was having difficulty rationalizing the $25k difference. Now that the Targa 4 has approx 2k on the odometer, the transmission feels better, the exhaust sounds better and there’s more than adequate power for the street. I have expresso natural leather without deviated stitching and am very happy with it although the aluminum trim does show finger prints and have to say the carbon fibre in my C2S (black interior) looked great. I preferred the more subtle black targa bar and love not having to clean the black exhaust tips ! Hope this helps ...

Old 06-04-2019 | 09:41 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Good job justifying the 4 over a GTS; however, I stlll prefer the GTS. How can black tips be worse than chrome in regards to keeping them clean? And your spoiler is up.
Old 06-04-2019 | 10:27 AM
Stevelev
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
How can black tips be worse than chrome in regards to keeping them clean? And your spoiler is up.
I have yet to wipe my exhaust tips as the black hides the dirt/ soot. For the record the guys doing the ceramic coat had the spoiler up while they were doing their work. That said, I sometimes forget to do my fly up ...
Old 06-04-2019 | 10:37 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Stevelev
I have yet to wipe my exhaust tips as the black hides the dirt/ soot. For the record the guys doing the ceramic coat had the spoiler up while they were doing their work. That said, I sometimes forget to do my fly up ...
You said "...love not having to clean the black exhaust tips !" so I took that to mean chrome showed less dirt, etc. I have black tips though and they do show a lot less dirt. etc. And the spoiler comment is just a running joke here since some believe it looks better up or maybe they are just pretending they have a wing!

Quick Reply: Found a Targa allocation. Thoughts on build?