Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Found a Targa allocation. Thoughts on build?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2019, 09:31 PM
SockToy
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Found a Targa allocation. Thoughts on build?

May have left this a little late 🙂

Last edited by SockToy; 05-30-2019 at 07:43 PM.
Old 05-29-2019, 12:00 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,365 Likes on 2,308 Posts

Any Porsche dealer can tell you how many allocations of a particular model are available and who has them, which they can tell you (if you ask nicely).
Old 05-29-2019, 01:37 AM
aCayenneFan
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by SockToy
May have left this a little late 🙂
The boat for a buildable allocation has probably sailed at this point.
Old 05-29-2019, 07:43 AM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 397 Likes on 224 Posts

I have a spot that is about to lock so they are out there. It’s supposed to be a July delivery but it still hasn’t locked so i doubt it will be here in July.

There is is a chance I back out I’ll PM you if I do.
Old 05-29-2019, 08:27 PM
evio
Instructor

Received 104 Likes on 47 Posts

My dealer has one if you are still in need Just PM me your number and I will give you has number. Thanks
Old 05-30-2019, 07:46 PM
SockToy
Instructor

Many thanks for the referral Evio - looks like I have an option. Two hills to climb - the build and the wife acceptability

The build so far!

http://www.porsche-code.com/PK7K1LJ0

Any thoughts? Sadly im told LTS and PTS are not available. Other than that? Anything the configurator didn't show to chase?

Last edited by SockToy; 06-01-2019 at 09:39 AM.
Old 05-30-2019, 09:30 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

I assume it can be changed? If so do you really want Miami Blue seatbelts? I would add the Smoker's Package to get the cover on the compartment and an extra outlet. There are some little things I would delete and/or add but if it is going to be your car I don't want to influence you, too much!
Old 05-30-2019, 09:50 PM
thebrit86
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would also black out the hoop.
Old 05-30-2019, 09:56 PM
SockToy
Instructor

hA, Totally open to influence.

I have basically had 4 possible builds, all rather similar, but two are no longer options
PTS Oak Green, LTS
PTS Graphite Blue, LTS black leather
Miami Blue, otherwise similar to this build
Lava Orange, otherwise similar to this build

I want a more interesting colour than silver, grey, white, red or a variant. Ideally I'd like the inside to complement the outside. Not sure miami blue and espresso go, and I have 'decided' on very little practical evidence that natural leather is important to me. I might have talked myself into GT silver, white or black, but there are SO many silver, white and black cars in America.

So options narrow.

Seatbelts and deviated stitching colour are both things Im unsure of, not having a chance to really see the combo in the flesh. My last car was a 997.2 C4s with full black leather, silver extended stitching, silver seatbelts, CXX silver mirror lowers & inlet slats in the front, and the huge cursive 'Carerra 4s' down each side in silver. It was great. The decals offset the staidness of the black and made it fun. I'd like to preserve some of the fun, and the specialness in this build.

Ideally I'd like something that was both fun, and sufficiently elegant that it could last a long time and not be entirely embarassing when I need to pretend to be a grown up - hence the graphite and oak, neither of which are an option any more.

That leaves a wrap - but that in turn makes painting the interior vents & bright work a bad call (orange interior! oak green vinyl exterior!) - however, the default plastic silver has always struck me as chintzy, I cant live with polished wood, the brushed aluminium is 'OK' but not thrilling me, and Im worried all leather will be overwhelmingly dark with an espresso interior.

So. First world problems, etc.

I'd be very interested in thoughts on the driving options too - those to add or leave out. I might have ordered a base targa tbh, but the dealer had a c4s and so thats where I am.

I'll take a look at blacking the hoop; that said, I am actually glad there wasnt a GTS build - I really like the elegance of the silver wheels, hoop and possibly seat back if I change my mind and go 18 ways.
Old 05-30-2019, 10:01 PM
SockToy
Instructor

.. satin black variant:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PK91W3A6
Old 05-30-2019, 10:07 PM
thebrit86
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Oak Green would be really beautiful. Almost a targa variation of the millionth car.
Old 05-30-2019, 10:11 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Go with color, in & out! It sounds like you are like me and I could care less what others think, nor do I care about resale:

I like Blue, a lot.

Old pic, before PCCBs.
Old 05-30-2019, 11:50 PM
fuddman
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

The tailpipes you have are too close together and so,to me, are unimpressive and visually bland. I'd suggest the "Sports tailpipes in black."

The wheels you've selected have large and clumsy looking spokes. Carrera S wheels in satin black would fix that.

Black in the exterior trim pieces give the car a meaner, somewhat sinister, appearance. Kind of renegade like. As opposed to colors which go along to get along.
Old 05-30-2019, 11:50 PM
fastforddriver
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SockToy
That leaves a wrap - but that in turn makes painting the interior vents & bright work a bad call (orange interior! oak green vinyl exterior!) - however, the default plastic silver has always struck me as chintzy, I cant live with polished wood, the brushed aluminium is 'OK' but not thrilling me, and Im worried all leather will be overwhelmingly dark with an espresso interior.

So. First world problems, etc.
My Targa has the full Espresso interior with no deviated stitching and I covered the brushed aluminum with leather. Here are a few sunlit shots for reference.

Old 05-30-2019, 11:56 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Ok, I will throw a few more comments in: If you like color in & out get the Black leather interior, which will work much better than the natural stuff. At the money you are looking at is there a GTS allocation you can get? I originally had a Targa 4S ordered and changed it to a GTS before it locked, which gets you a lot of Blacked-out goodies as well as SC, etc. included.

Quick Reply: Found a Targa allocation. Thoughts on build?