Originally Posted by Rennolazine
Oh yeah!!!!! Youre gonna love it!!!!
Old 05-28-2019, 08:16 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,283 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by stout
^ So you're liking it! Good to hear!
Yes - and looking forward to get through the break-in period and hearing those much lauded, heavenly engine notes in the higher revs!

Last edited by Zeus993; 05-29-2019 at 10:47 AM.
Old 05-31-2019, 05:44 PM
Riz
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 39 Posts

I finally test drove a 911 T today with PDK. I could not find a manual one to drive. I liked it overall. The power was lacking in stock form so would definitely need a tune. I decided I definitely want a manual transmission. I will try to test drive a Carrera S if I find one soon.
Old 05-31-2019, 05:58 PM
Grantsfo
Racer

Received 249 Likes on 89 Posts

Carrera T is pretty much only 911 worth buying currently. GT3/ GT3 RS are uncomfortable boi racers with silly wings and crap. GT3 touring is over priced and just aspiring to be a T. CS and CGTS are overweight pigs. Pretty clear on choice. Oh yes and Im not biased at all. LOL!
Old 06-01-2019, 12:58 AM
Porsche911GTS'16
Drifting

Received 1,201 Likes on 579 Posts

Originally Posted by Grantsfo
Carrera T is pretty much only 911 worth buying currently. GT3/ GT3 RS are uncomfortable boi racers with silly wings and crap. GT3 touring is over priced and just aspiring to be a T. CS and CGTS are overweight pigs. Pretty clear on choice. Oh yes and Im not biased at all. LOL!
Thanks for the laugh. The Touring "aspiring" to be a T. That's a good one. Overpriced? A lot of people (including several top automotive reviewers) think the GT3 (winged or Touring) is a relative VALUE in its class. A lot of bang for the buck. Perhaps I should post a poll in the 991 forum: If you could have a manual T or a GT3 Touring at sticker, which would you choose? We can put our respective opinions to the RL litmus test.
Old 06-01-2019, 01:12 PM
rxtrom
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Riz, where are you located? I am selling my Carrera T 7spd.

Carrera T for sale.
Old 06-02-2019, 10:47 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 462 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by JustBud
If you like the narrow body as I do go with the T.
The S is the same narrow body as the T.

IMO, which 991.2 really boils down to a few questions and issues.

Do you want a manual transmission and minimal options? If so, you might want the better gearing of the T. It's a tad lighter weight, and is most often optioned at a lower level. Some S lux and performance options are not even available on a T. Engine power of the T is upgradable via a tune, but some would have concerns about loss of factory warranty in the event of a major failure. Those are some considerations for the T.

If it's a PDK the S might be preferable, with its bigger turbos, bigger brakes, greater power and torque, and it's greater number of available performance and lux options. And the engine power & torque upgradability of the S to GTS level via the factory or dealer-installed X51 PowerKit with a full factory warranty are a plus with some 991.2 buyers.

Last edited by PCA1983; 06-02-2019 at 11:27 PM.
Old 06-03-2019, 01:28 AM
dawgcatching
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

As you are implying, you can get a T or C2S with exactly the same performance spec: I think it is called sport package on the C2S, which is PSE, SC, RWS, SPASM, PDCC. A performance build on the T would be the same spec (either PDK or manual, which is personal preference).

The only "T" option not available on the C2S are buckets, and while I love buckets, the reason I would get a 911 is for those rear seats. There is zero chance I would buy a new 911T for $120k when the new GT4 RS is on the horizon if I only needed 2 seats, so for the purpose of my comparison, the bucket option is out.

So, we have a similarly built C2S or T; same options, but the T has a few lightweight things like thinner glass and fabric handles. 15lb savings max. The C2S, OTOH, makes 50 hp more, or 13.5%. The weight savings is approximately .4%.

I am not really sure what the "T" offers over the C2S. Nobody will feel 15lbs of lost weight, but everyone will feel an extra 50hp. Maybe exclusivity? Lets take a car, detune it, badge it as something new and limited edition, and charge a premium? The T is a marketing marvel if that is the case.
Old 06-03-2019, 01:48 AM
dawgcatching
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Grantsfo
You do know that the "T" is something like 15lbs less than a similarly equipped C2S, right? It has 50hp less and smaller brakes though.

There is nothing wrong with the T, but it is basically an underpowered C2S. Nothing wrong with that, but being underpowered doesn't make it the better car. Why not just detune a C2S with the same options and call it a day?
Old 06-03-2019, 02:05 PM
Grantsfo
Racer

Received 249 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by dawgcatching
You do know that the "T" is something like 15lbs less than a similarly equipped C2S, right? It has 50hp less and smaller brakes though.

There is nothing wrong with the T, but it is basically an underpowered C2S. Nothing wrong with that, but being underpowered doesn't make it the better car. Why not just detune a C2S with the same options and call it a day?
....Well the T is well over 50 lbs less with LWB/rear seat delete that cant be optioned in S.....and you know you can order T with PCCBs right? So brakes as big as 918 or a GT3. And we know the slightly smaller turbos on T spin up faster than S giving it more practical low RPM advantage in most cases. So would need to update your S with the superior faast spooling turbos from T. Also most of that 50 lb plus weight loss is off the back of the T and up high where it really matters from removal of Rear seats and rear glass and insulation. Next time you say plus 50 lbs isnt much to yourself go to local home improvement store and carry 50 lb bag of cement while you shop. Then imagine that 50 lb bag in back of 911 up high as you are going around a corner. It matters if you're a performance minded driver. I haven't even touched subject of the magic unicorn dust they sprinkle on T at the factory.

Quick Reply: 911T vs 911S if same price