Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2019 gts or 2017 turbo

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2019, 05:50 PM
Dr Chill
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 165 Posts

The TT/TTS is an unbelievable car. Crazy fast, especially with light modding. Guys are running sub 10.5 sec 1/4 miles bone stock 991.2 TTS. I can attest the force pushing you back in your seat with launch control is insane. 2.5 sec to 60 which is easily reproducible.
Old 05-26-2019, 07:48 PM
Papa Fittig
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by cpbmd
Thanks very much for your opinion on the TTS. It’s very helpful to me. I too am looking at moving from my 991.1 C2S to a TTS. I have only owned manuals but will consider PDK. I have to drive one soon.
Thanks again. CB
No problem. I am sure you will like it. What was very helpful for me going from manual tranny to the PDK (which I never even considered) was a quality time behind the wheel of a GTS 991.2 PDK car with a former Porsche racer, who now owns and adores the PDK. He helped me to understand and appreciate the qualities of it. If not those couple of hours I spent with him in his car I'd probably passed on test driving the PDK'd TTS I end up purchasing on the spot . It would've been a pity and a big mistake on my part. Having said this I still love MT cars and believe one should always be in every enthusiast's garage
Old 05-26-2019, 08:24 PM
Georgemaser
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 11 Posts

Had a 2018 991.2 TTS. Torque and speed were impressive but sound and feel was numb. It just wasn’t there viscerally. I sold it and bought a 2019 991.2 4gts and WOW. What a blast! Sounds so good, gears have more feel when you shift and it’s certainly fast enough. With the TTS you were at 100mph before you knew it and before the car was fun. With the gts its more fun getting there. I really think the gts is the most fun car I have had. Now my 19yo says he liked the TTS better and was more fun because it was faster. I think it just all depends on where you are in life!
Old 05-26-2019, 09:34 PM
Papa Fittig
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts

Haha, wish I were 19 Great you love your 4GTS. It is undoubtedly one great package, however, my "more fun GTS" is a 991.1 NA MT one. For me if go turbo, go Turbo.
Old 05-26-2019, 10:00 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Chill
The TT/TTS is an unbelievable car. Crazy fast, especially with light modding. Guys are running sub 10.5 sec 1/4 miles bone stock 991.2 TTS. I can attest the force pushing you back in your seat with launch control is insane. 2.5 sec to 60 which is easily reproducible.
Some folks are not impressed with the sound of the 3.8 TT's. But let me say this. I added just the catless downpipes to my stock 991.2 3.0 TT C2S with X51 PowerKit, and the sound is awesome!! And everybody at every PCA event and at every other car event says the same thing. I would love to hear a 3.8 TT with catless downpipes, but thus far have never heard one. It's got to be an awesome sound!
Old 05-27-2019, 01:14 AM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Received 258 Likes on 171 Posts

When I finally decided to treat myself to a toy, I narrowed it down to a 991.2 TT/TTS and the Audi R8 V10 Plus. Porsche won my heart and I was all set on the TT/TTS. As we all know, the performance of the Turbo S can only be matched by just a handful of super cars out there. It’s truly the beast of beasts and with a simple tune, it will annihilate 99.9% of the beasts on the road in a straight line. It’s a super car that does everything well. Long story short...in the end, I ended up with the GTS. There are a couple of things that I don’t like about the TT/TTS: the big rear wing and air intakes on the sides. That’s just me...I’ve never been a “wing” guy unless you’re talking about buffalo wings. I guess I’m a bit peculiar with certain things. I like the clean-slick look of the 991.2 GTS, especially without the sunroof. I also like the GTS packaging. Another thing that I don’t understand is, why does the TTS/TT sit so high? I understand that aftermarket springs will do the trick but it would be nice if it came out of the box lowered like the GTS. Although the GTS will never be a TT/TTS, a stage 2 tune will make this beast come alive even more. At the moment, I’m perfectly happy with its performance and exhaust notes with aftermarket cats and headers. Who knows, maybe a few years from now my tastes may change and embrace the wings and the intakes. Whether you choose the Turbo S or the GTS, you can’t go wrong. First world problems indeed.
Old 05-27-2019, 01:34 AM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by luv2sleep
When I finally decided to treat myself to a toy, I narrowed it down to a 991.2 TT/TTS and the Audi R8 V10 Plus. Porsche won my heart and I was all set on the TT/TTS. As we all know, the performance of the Turbo S can only be matched by just a handful of super cars out there. It’s truly the beast of beasts and with a simple tune, it will annihilate 99.9% of the beasts on the road in a straight line. It’s a super car that does everything well. Long story short...in the end, I ended up with the GTS. There are a couple of things that I don’t like about the TT/TTS: the big rear wing and air intakes on the sides. That’s just me...I’ve never been a “wing” guy unless you’re talking about buffalo wings. I guess I’m a bit peculiar with certain things. I like the clean-slick look of the 991.2 GTS, especially without the sunroof. I also like the GTS packaging. Another thing that I don’t understand is, why does the TTS/TT sit so high? I understand that aftermarket springs will do the trick but it would be nice if it came out of the box lowered like the GTS. Although the GTS will never be a TT/TTS, a stage 2 tune will make this beast come alive even more. At the moment, I’m perfectly happy with its performance and exhaust notes with aftermarket cats and headers. Who knows, maybe a few years from now my tastes may change and embrace the wings and the intakes. Whether you choose the Turbo S or the GTS, you can’t go wrong. First world problems indeed.
It's doubtful you will regret going with a 991.2 GTS. In a couple years when you get bored with its power, you can always add a tune for another hundred ponies or so, and be right there with the 3.8 TT's.
Enjoy!
Old 05-27-2019, 01:49 AM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Received 258 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by PCA1983
It's doubtful you will regret going with a 991.2 GTS. In a couple years when you get bored with its power, you can always add a tune for another hundred ponies or so, and be right there with the 3.8 TT's.
Enjoy!
I get bored with cars pretty quick. I’ve had the GTS for almost six months now and every time I strap in, it feels like the day I picked it up. You’re right, I can’t see myself ever regretting my decision.
Old 05-27-2019, 02:19 AM
Georgemaser
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by luv2sleep

Well spoken!
Old 05-27-2019, 08:29 AM
minthral
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

I would say the GTS for a cab. The turbo wooshing sounds and overall behavior of the car doesn't really suit well for a cab. You want a slower better sounding more comfortable car. TT or TTS is best for the guy who wants powerful coupe.

Edit: If you can afford it, an AUDI R8 spyder would get my 'cab' pick, but this car isn't all that daily driver friendly.
Old 05-28-2019, 02:26 AM
groundhog
Race Car

Received 1,013 Likes on 644 Posts

Ultimately depends on the spec of the GTS, if it has the performance fruit and there's no specific need for AWD traction I'd go for the C2 GTS - feels lighter and more nimble. Then again if the performance feel (light, nimble) isn't of great interest to you, you can't go past the TT or TTS as the ultimate super cruiser. Really comes down to location, options and preferred driving style.
Old 05-28-2019, 06:59 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 706 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by 0luke1
I’m 99% there with the ‘17 turbo.

I was driving with my BIL in my 07 tt, on an interstate on-ramp, he said “nail it”. I did and he literally screamed. I’ve missed that feeling ever since I stupidly sold it.
This quote nailed it. U need a turbo dude

Quick Reply: 2019 gts or 2017 turbo