Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 03:14 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 770 Likes on 405 Posts
Default doc993's 911T visit to GP and X-Country Journey back home

Late last year, a client reached out to us and told us about his 911T coming in early 2019 and how he wanted to plan a trip around it. Sounds a bit unusual to some that someone from NE would want their car shipped to CA, but it's definitely something we're use to at the asylum

After a fun delivery at PECLA, this beautiful 911T arrived at GP with her new owners. We went over the project scope, client VERY reluctantly gave me the key, and the journey at GP began.

Our typical process includes a proper initial prep, paint correction, and then we begin disassembly since this project was a full vehicle ppf installation.

We then begin pattern customization and printing using XPEL DAP software. Currently, DAP is the most accurate software available, and the most expensive. For us, there's no substitute at moment.

Pattern on left is the stock pattern with the "allowable/recommended" extensions in yellow. Pattern on the right is the GP customized pattern which extends over 90% of the pattern giving a near bespoke pattern that is easily replicated. One of our key attributes is delivering a consistent product, and this allows us to do that with our installers

Here's the pattern in execution

1-Piece 1/4 panel

Neat FYI...almost EVERY aspect of the car is cleaned prior to installation. Even on new cars, dirt somehow finds its way in

Client opted for a seamless custom door installation

Nearly every edge follow the body edge for an undetectable installation. More effort and time, but worth the results

Attention to the smallest details

Custom spoiler

Finishing touches include NEW OEM emblems

She's finally ready to be reunited with her owners: Transformed, enhanced, and protected

Interior gets a light cleaning and vacuum as part of the service

Group photo with the orderlies at GP and client. This was definitely a team effort. We're so blessed and fortunate that our clients seek this high-level workmanship and it's so fun and amazing to deliver a unique product/service to the marketplace that enhances the ownership experience.

Happy clients taking journey back home to NE

Last edited by MoeMistry; 05-22-2019 at 01:32 PM.
Old 05-20-2019, 04:40 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,230 Likes on 743 Posts

Client VERY reluctantly gave you the keys?

I was LMAO.
Old 05-21-2019, 12:15 AM
doc993
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Awesome write up and pics Moe! It is certainly impressive to see the level of detail involved. I couldn’t be happier with the results! This was certainly a road trip to remember!

To anyone considering paint protection, PPF, nano coating, etc, I can’t recommend Moe and team enough. Great guys, amazing service and results!
Old 05-21-2019, 02:56 PM
camaroz1985
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Just out of curiousity, how long did they have to relinquish the keys to you for this level of protection?
Old 05-21-2019, 07:18 PM
Papa Fittig
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts

Great job Moe, as usual from your pics I've seen on this forum.
I do not want to take the thread sideways, but would appreciate your opinion on how long a PPF (say xpel) lasts once installed. I should say that I never PPFd any of my previous 3 991s, but my current one being purchased as a CPO came with "full frond end PPF wrap. It is about 3 y.o. now and still looking fine, I just wanted to understand at what point I should remove/replace it? I am not sure what exact brand film has been used though. Thanks.
Old 05-21-2019, 09:47 PM
koven
Rennlist Member

Received 323 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by camaroz1985
Just out of curiousity, how long did they have to relinquish the keys to you for this level of protection?
And price?
Old 05-24-2019, 02:03 AM
Papa Fittig
Burning Brakes

Any wisdom for me on my question about my aging PPF ?
Old 05-25-2019, 10:01 AM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by doc993
Awesome write up and pics Moe! It is certainly impressive to see the level of detail involved. I couldn’t be happier with the results! This was certainly a road trip to remember!

To anyone considering paint protection, PPF, nano coating, etc, I can’t recommend Moe and team enough. Great guys, amazing service and results!
thank you Sir. It was a privilege to serve you and thanks for the opportunity

Originally Posted by camaroz1985
a few weeks

Originally Posted by Papa Fittig
Great job Moe, as usual from your pics I've seen on this forum.
I do not want to take the thread sideways, but would appreciate your opinion on how long a PPF (say xpel) lasts once installed. I should say that I never PPFd any of my previous 3 991s, but my current one being purchased as a CPO came with "full frond end PPF wrap. It is about 3 y.o. now and still looking fine, I just wanted to understand at what point I should remove/replace it? I am not sure what exact brand film has been used though. Thanks.
Great question. If nano coated, garaged, and well-maintained, I don’t see why it wouldn’t last 10 years or so. Best way to check is to remove one of the mirror ppf, then replace, at year 3-5. If film comes off easy and no adhesive issue, try again in 3-5 years

Originally Posted by koven
And price?
Prices vary based on scope of project. Please PM or call me for an accurate and custom quote for you
Old 05-25-2019, 10:05 AM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by koven
And price?
Thanks for PM...just responded to you 😎
Old 05-25-2019, 03:22 PM
Papa Fittig
Burning Brakes

Thanks Moe, great suggestion to try with the mirror film first.
Old 05-25-2019, 07:17 PM
Guaji
Racer

Received 283 Likes on 149 Posts

Dropped mine off earlier this week. I look forward to being reunited with it when complete....I miss it a lot , but it’s in great hands and will be like picking up a better than new car. I actually purchased mine pre owned with 724 miles on it, so I never had that fresh new car experience when I bought my T.

Quick Reply: doc993's 911T visit to GP and X-Country Journey back home