Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche 911 991.1 Radiator Grills are here!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2019, 02:53 AM
twaite01
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Small gap up top is only noticeable if you lay in front of the car. Don’t know how often people will do that.

Fit is pretty solid otherwise and it should be fairly sturdy with 4 cable ties holding it on.

Have some extras just in case.

So my install went a little different. I have a launch edition (I think that’s what it’s called) 2013 C4S. I have the single cover over the horizontal strakes. I installed them with the cable ties in the position they came in the package but decided I thought the fit would be better and more stable if I moved them slightly and added one more, two on each horizontal strake. So I cut the original ties away and placed the new ones slightly differently. I’m pretty happy with the fit and how secure they are, especially considering the price and the fact that I didn’t have remove or drill into the bumper.

Now I’m curious to do a track day and see if they decrease airflow enough to notice any temperature rise in the car. Although I think that will be tough as the car always seems to give 194 degrees, maybe the oil temp will be more telling.

Last edited by twaite01; 06-02-2019 at 02:56 AM. Reason: Misspelling
Old 06-03-2019, 10:01 AM
RGS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 331 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by koala
Just did my install tonight. Took about 35 minutes and I really took my time, touched up a rock chip, cleaned all surfaces.

I'd say this is towards the "very easy" end of the scale just so long as you're somewhat dexterous.

Great kit, great price and looks fantastic.

Thank you so much for the compliments Koala! Exactly why we designed this kit. No bumper removal, OEM style, value priced, DIY.
Old 06-03-2019, 10:02 AM
RGS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

@twaite01 thank you for the feedback! We will be adding the extra cable tie and the longer cable ties to the kit!
Old 06-04-2019, 06:14 PM
neondaroo
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mdkrp
Count me in as well. Interested in center and side grills.
Have 2016 Targa GTS.
Thx
I would also be interested in center grills for a 991.1 C2S please!
Old 06-04-2019, 10:08 PM
puppycat
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

For those of you without the vertical center strafe, how do you remove the horizontal plastic covers? The instructions say there's a tab on both ends, but I don't see one on the outside edges of my 991.1 without the vertical strafe. The outside edges of the plastic covers are tight up against the molding.
Old 06-05-2019, 12:23 AM
twaite01
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by puppycat
For those of you without the vertical center strafe, how do you remove the horizontal plastic covers? The instructions say there's a tab on both ends, but I don't see one on the outside edges of my 991.1 without the vertical strafe. The outside edges of the plastic covers are tight up against the molding.
If you have a strake similar to mine (one piece) there are the tabs on the inside as described in the directions, three tabs on the underside to release, and then on the outside, the top portion of the plastic strake cover snaps over the top of the strake.
Old 06-05-2019, 09:56 AM
RGS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by twaite01
If you have a strake similar to mine (one piece) there are the tabs on the inside as described in the directions, three tabs on the underside to release, and then on the outside, the top portion of the plastic strake cover snaps over the top of the strake.
@twait01 If someone can get me photos of the clips, we will add them to the instructions sheets to help other forum members. Please send the photos to Radiatorgrills@gmail.com Thanks!!!
Old 06-05-2019, 11:37 AM
puppycat
Advanced

Originally Posted by twaite01
I don't see the tabs on the outside edge per the instructions. The strake cover is completely flush against plastic molding behind it and there's little to no room to get behind the strake.
Old 06-05-2019, 11:53 AM
RGS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I don't see the tabs on the outside edge per the instructions. The strake cover is completely flush against plastic molding behind it and there's little to no room to get behind the strake.
To reach the tabs you need to reach into the radiator cavity and feel for them at the ends of the covers. Hopefully someone will post up a photo of them specific for those vehicles.
Old 06-05-2019, 12:41 PM
eagle1960
Rennlist Member

Received 212 Likes on 131 Posts

I had this same problem. The tabs at the inside ends are hard to recognize. Also, they are hard to get hold of to release. It does take some force. Before you will get much movement you will need to find the tabs that hold the removable covers to the horizontal strakes. Grip the rear edges of the covers and lift away from the supporting strakes. Look carefully at the pictures in the instructions. That should give you some sense of what you are looking for. Hope this helps.
Old 06-05-2019, 12:42 PM
puppycat
Advanced

Originally Posted by RGS
To reach the tabs you need to reach into the radiator cavity and feel for them at the ends of the covers. Hopefully someone will post up a photo of them specific for those vehicles.
There is no way to reach a tab behind the strake cover on the side that is flush with the plastic molding behind it. What am I missing? See attached photo.

Old 06-05-2019, 03:09 PM
eagle1960
Rennlist Member

Received 212 Likes on 131 Posts

There is no way to reach a tab behind the strake cover on the side that is flush with the plastic molding behind it. What am I missing? See attached photo.

There is no tab on that side. The tabs are on the other ends of the covers . You will have to get a finger on a tab and pull it toward the opposite end of the cover . Spread the covers first to release the latches from the mounting strakes. Then, release the tab and work the cover toward you. I found it easier to work on one at a time.
Old 06-05-2019, 03:23 PM
RGS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

@puppycat Look here for the tab

www.radiatorgrillstore.com
Old 06-05-2019, 03:24 PM
RGS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thank you all for the support! What a great forum!
Old 06-05-2019, 04:29 PM
puppycat
Advanced

Originally Posted by RGS
That looks like the inside tab (toward center of bumper). What about the outside tab? That's the one for which there is no room behind the strake.

Quick Reply: Porsche 911 991.1 Radiator Grills are here!