Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche 911 991.1 Radiator Grills are here!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2019, 03:39 AM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Received 943 Likes on 557 Posts

I had a BEAR of time trying to fit the grills inside the opening. I actually could not get the grills to fit unless I bent them then flattened them out behind the openings, afterwards I had a really difficult time aligning the zipties. After a few tries, lots of little cuts on my hands I gave up. I may try installing them again later.

The installs is definitely not as straightforward as I thought.
Old 05-27-2019, 10:46 AM
RGS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 338 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by Joec500
I had a BEAR of time trying to fit the grills inside the opening. I actually could not get the grills to fit unless I bent them then flattened them out behind the openings, afterwards I had a really difficult time aligning the zipties. After a few tries, lots of little cuts on my hands I gave up. I may try installing them again later.

The installs is definitely not as straightforward as I thought.
Joe I will PM you and would be happy to talk/walk you through the install.
Old 05-27-2019, 07:32 PM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RGS
Joe I will PM you and would be happy to talk/walk you through the install.
UPDATE: I ended using slightly longer zip ties, as I kept losing a grip on these smaller ones and sometimes they would fall out during positioning so I found ones that had a slightly longer and larger, made things much easier to manipulate once I got them in.

everything is all good now
Old 05-27-2019, 07:52 PM
RGS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Joec500
UPDATE: I ended using slightly longer zip ties, as I kept losing a grip on these smaller ones and sometimes they would fall out during positioning so I found ones that had a slightly longer and larger, made things much easier to manipulate once I got them in.

everything is all good now
Excellent!! Glad you got it worked out. I can include longer ones as well with the kits?
Old 05-27-2019, 08:18 PM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 404 Likes on 289 Posts
Default 991.1 c2s

Put me down for the one with the center radiator. I have ot added it yet but im in florida and its on the list. It would.be really cool if you figured out how to replace that center plastic piece anyway as it looks cheap
Old 05-27-2019, 08:45 PM
mdkrp
Burning Brakes

Received 100 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by RGS
@ragabnh and @Brian E ,I will be collaborating with Brian E to create grills for the 991 GTS. Subscribe at the website for updates!
Count me in as well. Interested in center and side grills.
Have 2016 Targa GTS.
Thx
Old 05-28-2019, 03:26 PM
acwild70
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Did My Install on my '12 C2S W/O parking Sensor -- went smooth -- just took my time and used plenty of light---

Fitting takes a little time as your trying to move them from the outside and hold it in position while you zip tie but nothing crazy--
I loosely did two of the zip ties while i used a hook-- (Bent piece of wire) to grab it from behind and pull it forward while adjusting position while I tightened the zip ties up and then finished the 3d zip on the fat part of the horizontal bracket-- this one is the hardest bc the zip is barely long enough-- I was going to use a longer zip but got it to work while I was using the hook to pull the screen forward towards me.----

Looks Great and am Very Happy

Last edited by acwild70; 05-28-2019 at 03:34 PM. Reason: add Photo
Old 05-28-2019, 03:49 PM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by acwild70

Did My Install on my '12 C2S W/O parking Sensor -- went smooth -- just took my time and used plenty of light---

Fitting takes a little time as your trying to move them from the outside and hold it in position while you zip tie but nothing crazy--
I loosely did two of the zip ties while i used a hook-- (Bent piece of wire) to grab it from behind and pull it forward while adjusting position while I tightened the zip ties up and then finished the 3d zip on the fat part of the horizontal bracket-- this one is the hardest bc the zip is barely long enough-- I was going to use a longer zip but got it to work while I was using the hook to pull the screen forward towards me.----

I ended up using longer zipties I had at home and Pliers to get a good grip on pulling them towards you. Also with the longer zip ties, they had a slightly larger locking head part, so they wouldn't fall out as easily when manipulating them.
Old 05-29-2019, 09:32 AM
Contadino
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Do these screens restrict air flow?

I guess they must have some effect. Have you made any flow or temperature measurements?
Old 05-29-2019, 10:49 AM
RGS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Looks absolutely fabulous @acwild70 !! Looks OEM!!! Thanks for the feedback and photos! I will be outfitting with longer cable ties for ease of installation!

Originally Posted by acwild70

RGS
- Radiator Grille Store

OEM Look, Economical Protection
www.radiatorgrillestore.com

Old 05-29-2019, 03:14 PM
911Forever
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eric,

I installed mine today. It looks great. I’m really glad I went with your grills! Please make a Center Grill.

In addition to using longer zip ties, I recommend that you put in a few extra ties as one broke while I was installing it. I’m glad I had a handful of extras at home otherwise I would have had to drive to Home Depot.

Also, I added one extra zip tie on the bottom of the outside edge (ie bottom left corner of grill) as the grill felt a little flimsy with just 3 zip ties especially the bottom left corner.

Old 05-29-2019, 11:11 PM
LTP
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

seems there is a gap in between the top of the grill and the bumper, can this be eliminated?

Old 05-30-2019, 08:23 AM
dsanto
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Interested in grills for 991.2 GTS when available.
Old 05-31-2019, 10:47 AM
RGS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by 911Forever
Eric,

I installed mine today. It looks great. I’m really glad I went with your grills! Please make a Center Grill.

In addition to using longer zip ties, I recommend that you put in a few extra ties as one broke while I was installing it. I’m glad I had a handful of extras at home otherwise I would have had to drive to Home Depot.

Also, I added one extra zip tie on the bottom of the outside edge (ie bottom left corner of grill) as the grill felt a little flimsy with just 3 zip ties especially the bottom left corner.

Thank you for the feedback! Longer cable ties have been added to future production kits! Glad you love the product look!!
Old 06-01-2019, 01:41 AM
koala
Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 314 Posts

Just did my install tonight. Took about 35 minutes and I really took my time, touched up a rock chip, cleaned all surfaces.

I'd say this is towards the "very easy" end of the scale just so long as you're somewhat dexterous.

Great kit, great price and looks fantastic.

Quick Reply: Porsche 911 991.1 Radiator Grills are here!