Sponsored by:

My first two mods

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 07:07 PM
superdog
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts
Default My first two mods

I had the clear side markers put on today. The dealership actually gave to me to compensate for a few “issues” during the delivery.

I thought it was was a nice gesture. And it’s appreciated. I also absolutely love this subtle change. I think that, while subtle, it’s makes a very nice difference. I really like it.

I also put on the Zunsport front grill. I don’t love it. I only did the outside as I prefer the look. Sort of. I can’t do the center because of the radar detector. And if I have to leave that out, I prefer just to have the outer. That said, even that I don’t love. It’s definitely not flush and I it’s not a perfect fit. I don’t hate them either. The jury is still out. You can’t even see it from a few feet away. But I know it, so I can see it.

Putting down the rubber mats soon. Just using the carpet for a bit.

Anyway, had a great day of driving. Just cleaned her up to out her back in the garage.

What were your first mods?

Notice the center bar.

With the center bar there, I don’t see how I can possibly make it flush. But maybe I’m doing something wrong?

Still looks pretty incredible though.

Such a pretty car.

Damn kid.....

I think this car is just so sexy.
Old 05-11-2019, 07:16 PM
Jack F
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 710 Likes on 495 Posts

Rennlist fit much better since you install groin the inside of the bumper. In silver, they look much more OEM. You could always buy the Porsche OEM for gt3 or gt3rs or gt3rs and modify them.
Old 05-11-2019, 07:16 PM
superdog
Racer

Oh, and I stopped by to see a buddy that sells McLarens. He felt that this specific configuration is super rare. Targa 4 GTS in manual. Clearly, there are a lot on this forum. But in the wild, are they relatively rare?

When I was at Porsche having the markers on, a buddy (the guy that shows you the car and I have become friendly) tells me no more 991.2 builds for them with the 992 coming out. So they have very 911 little stock.

He then tells me the most requested car in general, and the car that sells by far the fastest, is the Targa 4 GTS. Apparently people have offered to pay over if they could get an allocation. He’s got no reason to blow smoke, so I tend to believe him. For obvious reasons, I found it Interesting.
Old 05-11-2019, 07:18 PM
superdog
Racer

Originally Posted by Jack F
Rennlist fit much better since you install groin the inside of the bumper. In silver, they look much more OEM. You could always buy the Porsche OEM for gt3 or gt3rs or gt3rs and modify them.
The dealership quoted me nearly 2k to do it. I might bite the bullet. It’ll hurt, but not sure these’ll last too long.
Old 05-11-2019, 07:27 PM
JFerraro17
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

I went with Zunsport. I think you *might* be able to fiddle with them off the car and slightly improve the fit, but they won’t be perfect. For me, it was simply a trade off for not removing the bumper on my brand new 911. Paying somebody to do it (even $1000) wasn’t happening. And neither was leaving them wide open/unprotected.

I installed the outers and the center, left the small ones open.

Last edited by JFerraro17; 05-12-2019 at 12:06 AM.
Old 05-11-2019, 10:11 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,365 Likes on 2,308 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack F
I'm not putting any grills on my groin, and Rennlist doesn't make any but Rennline does. Very few people use Silver one (for a reason) and don't waste your time trying to mod the OEMs.

Quick Reply: My first two mods