Sponsored by:

Is Xpel Paint Protection Useful Or Not?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 09:19 PM
Wujohn
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by koven
Those who have PPF full front.. are all your edges fully tucked in? A few installers told me that some parts have to be cut to the edge instead of wrapped, otherwise they'd need to dissemble the entire piece to wrap..
Go with a better installer that will pull lights, wrap edges, pull badging, etc. A lot can be wrapped.
Old 05-03-2019, 09:20 PM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 355 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by 911mhawk
+1 on the tard
lol
Old 05-03-2019, 11:06 PM
koven
Rennlist Member

Received 322 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Yes, find a different installer. Even precut patterns can be adjusted to be slightly larger in order to wrap edges, or use custom cut pieces.
Originally Posted by Wujohn
Go with a better installer that will pull lights, wrap edges, pull badging, etc. A lot can be wrapped.
got it will do, thanks!
Old 05-03-2019, 11:20 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 305 Posts

Back to the OP: yes, any PPF is useful for paint protection. Unless you like road rash and chips in your paint.
IMHO, the Suntek PPF (previously known as Llumar) is the best. But that's a different discussion.
Old 05-03-2019, 11:22 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,365 Likes on 2,308 Posts

got it will do, thanks!
I had my edges wrapped but lights were not pulled and badges not removed but I did not get a full car wrap, but the front crest was taken off.
Old 05-03-2019, 11:25 PM
koven
Rennlist Member

Received 322 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by PCA1983
Back to the OP: yes, any PPF is useful for paint protection. Unless you like road rash and chips in your paint.
IMHO, the Suntek PPF (previously known as Llumar) is the best. But that's a different discussion.
One installer told me Llumar Platinum was the same exact film as Suntek Ultra just different box/brand.

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
I had my edges wrapped but lights were not pulled and badges not removed but I did not get a full car wrap, but the front crest was taken off.
Are you satisfied with the edges on the pieces that were not pulled? Is it rolled over or cut to edge?
Old 05-03-2019, 11:31 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,365 Likes on 2,308 Posts

One installer told me Llumar Platinum was the same exact film as Suntek Ultra just different box/brand.

Are you satisfied with the edges on the pieces that were not pulled? Is it rolled over or cut to edge?
Rolled over, and very satisfied...I shopped the installer and then the film (Suntek). I had the full front, front fenders, A pillar, mirrors, side skirts and up a foot (removed factory film in front of rear wheels) and lower rear bumper. I saw no need to pull lights since my installer is that good.
Old 05-05-2019, 09:44 PM
XPEL
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 70 Likes on 37 Posts
Default YES

Originally Posted by Info.digi
I Want to know about that is xpel paint is useful or not for cars.
We may be a little biased, but we think that Paint Protection Film (no matter what brand) is useful for cars as it adds a physical barrier between you and the road. PPF helps protect against rock chips, scratches, and much more.

Check out the video below to see the rigorous tests we put our ULTIMATE PLUS PPF through.

Old 05-05-2019, 10:52 PM
superdog
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts

Cleaning the car is far easier with it.

My car has never seen a drive without it. And the day I pull it off, it’ll look like brand new.

Thats with the reduced stress the whole time.

We worth the momey imho.
Old 05-06-2019, 04:22 AM
moomin
Instructor

Received 183 Likes on 74 Posts

I've had xpel apllied to the front, including fenders. It was $900. It's saved me from a few stone chips.

Is it worth it? Depends where you live, how long you keep the car, and how OCD you are. I'm in CA and frankly the chips aren't too bad here. It's pretty easy and cheap to fix small stone chips. In my area, if the next car I buy has a few small chips I wouldn't bother with it. If I bought a brand new car with 'perfect' paint I'd probably get it again.

As a side note; I've been car shopping lately and come to the realization that most cars out there have terrible marring/cobbwebbing, and overall poor wear and tear. Non car people don't care at all.

btw Ignore the users getting mad at a post they have seen before. Not everybody posts hundreds of times every year.
Old 05-06-2019, 09:04 AM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 2,967 Likes on 2,045 Posts

As far as wrapping edges, it really depends. Wrapping the edge where the bumper meets the fender is not a good idea because it will eventually wear away and probably start coming undone. But wrapping into the headlight area, or around the hood is very easy to do and should be done by all installers. Also you should talk to your installer about whether you want a custom front bumper install or a pre cut install. The pre cut kits are most likely going to be two pieces and meet together in the middle somewhere. For some people this really bothers them. For others it does not. The custom install is going to be more expensive but you are going to have a harder time noticing it.
Old 05-06-2019, 09:27 AM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 653 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by PCA1983
Very happy with my full wrap (Suntek Ultra) - wrapped edges, you cannot hardly tell it has PPF unless you look very closely. I've had it for over a year now. Makes cleaning the car a breeze, too.

As others have said, the quality of the installer is paramount. I have seen some really bad PPF jobs on other cars.
Old 05-06-2019, 10:15 AM
Paliknight
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by XPEL
We may be a little biased, but we think that Paint Protection Film (no matter what brand) is useful for cars as it adds a physical barrier between you and the road. PPF helps protect against rock chips, scratches, and much more.

Check out the video below to see the rigorous tests we put our ULTIMATE PLUS PPF through.

XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS PPF
I requested a quote online for your San Antonio office but never received anything. My car doesn’t arrive until July (TTS) but will unlikely go with you guys if that is the type of customer service to expect. I was interested in PPFing my entire car (cabrio) and getting it tinted.
Old 05-06-2019, 11:55 AM
XPEL
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 70 Likes on 37 Posts
Default XPEL

Originally Posted by Paliknight
I requested a quote online for your San Antonio office but never received anything. My car doesn’t arrive until July (TTS) but will unlikely go with you guys if that is the type of customer service to expect. I was interested in PPFing my entire car (cabrio) and getting it tinted.
Paliknight,

Please call our San Antonio area General Manager, Chris White, at 210-219-6422 and he will get you a quote right away. We apologize for the delay and inconvenience. You can also email us directly at marketing@XPEL.com and we'll make sure your request is met quickly.
Old 01-24-2021, 11:54 AM
A1Aflorida
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Thanks for the support moomin. Yes, I do live under a rock, but do receive cellular and wifi signals to keep me in the loop. The reason I posted is, one, hoping to get advice specific to where I live, and two, hoping to get the latest info available. For those I offended, I sincerely apologize. For those who have learned as much valuable information as I have, I am glad to help. And to those who provided that valuable info, THANK YOU. Isn't that what this forum is all about?

Quick Reply: Is Xpel Paint Protection Useful Or Not?