Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carrera T - Is RAS a must-have?

Old 05-19-2019, 01:39 PM
6sigma
Rennlist Member

Received 452 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by _fletch
I thought i'd post back here in case anyone else had the same question I did.

Firstly thanks for everyone who posted advice - either way. I read them all and appreciated the differing views.

I decided to go for a NON-RAS T. So far I couldn't be happier. Compared to my GT3 this thing exudes classic '911'. It's fun from the moment you switch it on and whatever speed - which was exactly what I was looking for.

OK so I haven't driven a T (or base Carrera) with RAS to compare but my GT3 has it and I've also driven GTS's with RAS on the track. I'm going to call BS on the whole RAS makes the car feel smaller and more like older 911's. So far my T absolutely feels smaller than all the other 991.2 cars I've driven - probably by virtue that it IS actually smaller (narrow body). Already I feel more connected with the back end and have pushed it out a few times and it just feels super predictable and most importantly.... MEGA FUN

My advice to anyone reading this thread is that if you are like me and are looking for the fun factor more than anything else go for the LEAST AMOUNT OF OPTIONS POSSIBLE. Underneath it all the 991 really is still a proper fun 911 and IMHO the options can sometimes take away from that (in pursuit of lap times, luxury or other goals). Maybe im the last guy in the room to realize this
Congrats! Beautiful car! Very well said too. You have the best of both worlds with a GT car focused on speed and lap times, and a T focused more on fun while still being fast. The T is a great car in all configurations.
Old 05-19-2019, 08:52 PM
ZuffenHouseRules
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Discussion of RAS not complete without a read of Christian Gebhardt's piece on the (then new) 991.2 C2S with RAS https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...upertest-2016/

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Carrera T - Is RAS a must-have?