Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ran Some Sprints This Morning

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2019, 04:51 PM
The Boz Abides
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

Great numbers. I may need to get my VBOX and car out this weekend. Curious minds wanna know.
Old 04-30-2019, 08:19 PM
DBH
Three Wheelin'

Received 472 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by good2go
When did you run that or just reporting what others have done or others can do?
Check his avatar.
Old 05-12-2019, 01:02 PM
Jay-S
Rennlist Member

Received 161 Likes on 50 Posts

Ran a couple 0-60s this morning because I wanted to see what would happen in the rain. I got one in the rain and one where is had stopped but was wet. On Run 1, the tires seemed to slip a good bit but on Run 2 the car hooked up. Makes me think I can do a little better than 3.45 in the dry.

Run 1
Fuel: Full tank
Temp: 67 degrees, raining
1 ft. roll out: No
Launch Control: Yes
Time: 3.80

Run 2
Fuel: Full tank
Temp: 67 degrees, wet
Time: 3.54

Old 05-12-2019, 02:04 PM
thesaintusa
Rennlist Member

Received 374 Likes on 294 Posts

Impressive how it does so well in the wet! Nice.
Old 05-13-2019, 05:04 AM
usccharles
Pro

Received 228 Likes on 83 Posts

is your traction control off or on during your launches? I am curious to know what the difference in 0-60 times would be with or without traction control.
Old 05-13-2019, 07:23 AM
Jay-S
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by usccharles
is your traction control off or on during your launches? I am curious to know what the difference in 0-60 times would be with or without traction control.
It's on. I'm in Sport+ so it lets the tires slip. My gut says that if TC kicks in, your run was pretty much toast anyway. Also keep in mind I have all wheel drive so when the pavement is dry, I'm not going to get any wheel spin unless it is cold.
Old 05-13-2019, 08:36 AM
garfunkle
Banned

Received 1,151 Likes on 630 Posts

RE: the comments about time....
https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...-Dragy-results

VBox is the mustang dyne of devices. It's a heartbreaker. Just read the first post here.... These things aren't apples to apples for measuring manufacturer or magazine times. They are great for having fun and doing some before after semi scientific tests.

OP Box reads slower than some others That is a great time and something to be very proud of achieving on a none perfect track.
Old 05-13-2019, 10:27 AM
usccharles
Pro

Originally Posted by Jay-S
It's on. I'm in Sport+ so it lets the tires slip. My gut says that if TC kicks in, your run was pretty much toast anyway. Also keep in mind I have all wheel drive so when the pavement is dry, I'm not going to get any wheel spin unless it is cold.
If you are ever out playing with your VBOX again, could I ask you to try the launch with TC fully off? I have a .2 4 GTS all wheel drive as well and I always find doing launch control without TC feel quicker. But I’m only going by feel, so it would be nice to get some real data comparison.

Thanks in advance
Old 05-13-2019, 01:13 PM
Wujohn
Rennlist Member

Received 425 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by G99x.y
S + AWD + PDK = 0-60 of 3.45secs - ?

the base Carrera does the same in 3.5 secs with pdk. What gives?
Haven't searched but isn't that number with a 1' rollout and from C&D? Has anyone gotten that number outside a magazine without the rollout? Just curious as I've not seen it but the number is tossed around a lot.
Old 05-13-2019, 01:36 PM
Jay-S
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Wujohn
Haven't searched but isn't that number with a 1' rollout and from C&D? Has anyone gotten that number outside a magazine without the rollout? Just curious as I've not seen it but the number is tossed around a lot.
Once I'm comfortable with my 0-60 runs (no rollout), I plan to switch over to the rollout just to see what the difference is.
Old 05-13-2019, 01:37 PM
Jay-S
Rennlist Member

If you are ever out playing with your VBOX again, could I ask you to try the launch with TC fully off? I have a .2 4 GTS all wheel drive as well and I always find doing launch control without TC feel quicker. But I’m only going by feel, so it would be nice to get some real data comparison.

Thanks in advance
I'll add it to my list of things to test!
Old 07-14-2019, 09:49 AM
Jay-S
Rennlist Member

Today I wanted to get a couple of clean runs in, one with traction control (TC) on and one with TC off.

Run 1
Fuel: 3/4 tank
Temp: 75 degrees, dry
TC: ON

Run 2
TC: OFF
Time: 3.53

The following users liked this post:
usccharles (07-14-2019)
Old 07-14-2019, 11:44 AM
usccharles
Pro

Originally Posted by Jay-S
Today I wanted to get a couple of clean runs in, one with traction control (TC) on and one with TC off.

Run 1
TC: ON

Run 2
TC: OFF
Time: 3.53
wow. that is very impressive. considering that there is definitely more wheel spin with TC off, imagine how many times the TC kicked in during the 3.54 seconds to keep the tires gripping and keep the car within .01 seconds of Launch control without TC. i recall some interview elon musk did about the tesla traction electronic controls with auto pilot, and people's concerns about the system's reactionary times to emergency situations, and musk saying that humans and modern computers' perception of time are on a different level. we think things are happening so quickly but for modern computers we are sooo slow motion. I would love to experience, if one can, at a Porsche 911 computer's normalized time speed what inputs its giving the engine and brakes during the 3.54 seconds of its 0-60. its mind boggling.

thanks for this.

Old 07-14-2019, 12:25 PM
Jay-S
Rennlist Member

wow. that is very impressive. considering that there is definitely more wheel spin with TC off, imagine how many times the TC kicked in during the 3.54 seconds to keep the tires gripping and keep the car within .01 seconds of Launch control without TC. i recall some interview elon musk did about the tesla traction electronic controls with auto pilot, and people's concerns about the system's reactionary times to emergency situations, and musk saying that humans and modern computers' perception of time are on a different level. we think things are happening so quickly but for modern computers we are sooo slow motion. I would love to experience, if one can, at a Porsche 911 computer's normalized time speed what inputs its giving the engine and brakes during the 3.54 seconds of its 0-60. its mind boggling.

thanks for this.
From my seat (slow human brain ), I couldn't tell the difference between the runs...the car seemed to behave exactly the same. I'd be curious how different these runs would be with a C2S. I've got a traction advantage with my C4S that might mitigate any differences from TC in the dry.
The following users liked this post:
usccharles (07-14-2019)

Quick Reply: Ran Some Sprints This Morning