Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dash pad?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2024, 07:19 PM
CTDan
Rennlist Member

Received 125 Likes on 72 Posts

With so many dashes either peeling back or reflecting on the windscreen, I have to think there is a little bit of money to be made making a nice dash cover…
Old 06-11-2024, 10:50 PM
1rolls
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CTDan
With so many dashes either peeling back or reflecting on the windscreen, I have to think there is a little bit of money to be made making a nice dash cover…
If anyone finds someone making quality I’m happy to pay a premium! I have an 87 4Runner with an inclinometer and all the quality ones I’ve found (including actual replacement dashes) won’t accommodate the inclinometer … please advise if anyone has ideas.
Old 06-12-2024, 03:03 PM
regajohn
Racer

Received 84 Likes on 69 Posts

I recently ordered a CoverCraft suede mad dash cover in “smoke” With shipping and tax it was $93.xx

I only use it when I’m going to have the GoPro running, as the reflection doesn’t bother me (I have multiple sunglass types that I wear), but it creates terrible reflection on the GoPro recording.
You’re supposed to Velcro it down to the dash, which obviously I’m not going to do. I did put down some non-sticky dash magic grip rubber pads/mats to hold it, which seem to work for the temporary usage.

I don’t have any photos of it installed, I would say it fits about a B or B- … it’s custom designed and it sort of kind of fits, but it still looks cheesy

Last edited by regajohn; 06-12-2024 at 03:04 PM.

Quick Reply: Dash pad?