Sponsored by:

Converting 991.2 to gt3 kit.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 12:54 AM
JustBud
Race Car

Received 654 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by Dtkf
yes. the rear intercooler outlets will probably b an issue. im actually thinking to just do the front and side skirt now. in terms of the fitting of the rear bumper they have customized it to fit c2s and the exhaust outlet too fits the c2s sports exhaust whereas the original does not.
Curious, that front end is compatible with narrow body cars? Can you post a link to the website? I'd be interested to see full pictures of it.
Old 04-23-2019, 01:35 AM
Dtkf
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JustBud
Curious, that front end is compatible with narrow body cars? Can you post a link to the website? I'd be interested to see full pictures of it.
these are some of the pictures they sent me. if u take a look at the rear bumper they've modified the center exhaust outlet
Old 04-23-2019, 06:46 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 706 Likes on 425 Posts

The bumpers looks awesome! The split twin exit in the rear finally looks at home.
Old 04-23-2019, 10:05 AM
superdog
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts

all for mods to make your car more to your own liking.

Just saying.
Old 04-23-2019, 10:11 AM
JustBud
Race Car

Received 654 Likes on 378 Posts

these are some of the pictures they sent me. if u take a look at the rear bumper they've modified the center exhaust outlet
I am a big fan of the GT3 Touring (I'm too old for a wing on my car). This is a nice effort to provide a similar look to the narrow body cars. I'll be following this. Please let us know the fit and finish (there is always some adjusting on aftermarket kits, I'm hoping this doesn't require too much). Good luck, this is a much better look than some I've seen.
Old 04-23-2019, 10:19 AM
Dtkf
Advanced

curious if anyone here know if there'll b an issue if i was to change to this gt3 rear bumper. the original c2s rear bumper have the intercooler outlet whereas the gt3 doesn't. any advice would b great
Old 04-23-2019, 10:27 AM
Dtkf
Advanced

Originally Posted by JustBud
I am a big fan of the GT3 Touring (I'm too old for a wing on my car). This is a nice effort to provide a similar look to the narrow body cars. I'll be following this. Please let us know the fit and finish (there is always some adjusting on aftermarket kits, I'm hoping this doesn't require too much). Good luck, this is a much better look than some I've seen.
im not a fan of big wings too ... if im going to do it .. it;ll b without the big wing definitely ... haha
Old 04-23-2019, 10:29 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 706 Likes on 425 Posts

It would look nice with the RS duck lip
Old 04-23-2019, 08:25 PM
B Man 991
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DTKF & JUST BUD - YOU CAN GET THE LOOK OF A GT3 REAR END AND STILL UTILIZE THE REAR OF THE NARROW BODIED 991.2 - i just did this to my base 911 2 months ago......stock rear except i used an oem gt3 rear muffler / sport exhaust rear valance / mimo technik rear center valance piece - pretty much plug n play with a few custom mods of rear valance
Old 04-23-2019, 09:15 PM
Dtkf
Advanced

Originally Posted by B Man 991

DTKF & JUST BUD - YOU CAN GET THE LOOK OF A GT3 REAR END AND STILL UTILIZE THE REAR OF THE NARROW BODIED 991.2 - i just did this to my base 911 2 months ago......stock rear except i used an oem gt3 rear muffler / sport exhaust rear valance / mimo technik rear center valance piece - pretty much plug n play with a few custom mods of rear valance

Not really looking for the exhaust part.my ipe full system is on it's way. More to the whole gt3 rear bumper look. I like some spacing from the 2 tips. Btw. U think is possible to ask ur guys will there b any issues with changing a Carrera s rear bumper to a gt3 bumper.
Old 04-23-2019, 09:28 PM
B Man 991
Track Day

I will ask them
Old 04-24-2019, 03:35 AM
911Piranha
2nd Gear

Greetings from Germany!

This is my first forum post here. I own a 991.2 GTS and Panamera Sport Turismo. I'm very satisfied with them.

I would like to increase the down force of the front end of my GTS and therefore I wish to update the front end to GT3 front end (OEM).
As you all know in Germany we are allow to drive without speed limits. Because of that I don't want to damage the aerodynamics capabilities of the car by changing parts.

However, GTS has 12 Kg lift by 200 Km/h at front-end against the 8 Kg lift to Carrera S. We can say Carrera S has slightly better results here. So, the shape of GT3 front bumper designed to produce more down force and it makes the front end more stable. 991.2 GT3 produces 16 kg down force by 200 Km/h. The difference to GTS is 28 Kg! I don't think that 28 Kg difference cause oversteer but it will definetely solve the understeer problem. Means more fun on B-Roads and stable drive on Autobahn.

I also want to use K&W or Techart springs to reduced the total height around 10-15 mm and to equal the down force at the rear-end I plan to use the sport design pack spoiler (OEM).
Probably after all the max.speed will reduced by 3-5 Km/h

Is there anyone here made similar modifications? Can anybody share their experiences?

Note: I wouldn't change the rear bumper since the air outlets are very critical to keep the turbos cool. If you change the rear bumber you should definetely find a way to discharge the hot air out. My 2 cents...

Last edited by 911Piranha; 04-24-2019 at 05:39 PM.
Old 04-24-2019, 03:46 AM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 170 Likes on 126 Posts

I can't quite put my finger on exactly what it is but that car as a total package looks like a cheap ricer mobile.

The narrow body is exposed, the rear bumper looks awful, the GT3 wing is not fitted properly and its destroying air flow to the intake/intercoolers. The wheel offsets are way too aggressive in the back, the AC lines are exposed at the front bumper in the small gap under the badge.

I don't really get it.. The parts and idea are there but it looks very bad.
Old 04-24-2019, 05:25 PM
Hydra Motor Works
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not really looking for the exhaust part.my ipe full system is on it's way. More to the whole gt3 rear bumper look. I like some spacing from the 2 tips. Btw. U think is possible to ask ur guys will there b any issues with changing a Carrera s rear bumper to a gt3 bumper.
As mentioned above - I wouldn't swap out the entire rear bumper as the inlets for the intercoolers are essential to the functionality of the car.
Old 04-24-2019, 05:46 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Received 1,192 Likes on 630 Posts

Originally Posted by Psorcery
Gt3 front bumper with 3rd radiator kit. Done and done.
Dude!!! Seriously? You cannot drop a casual bomb like that and walk away. Details and Pics man!!! What parts did you need to make it work. Its exactly the next mod I want is the GT3 front bumer and the third radiator.

I must have pics. Did you buy a GT3 radiator kit or GTS radiator kit. I want to replace all three with PWR up graded radiators. But they just sell the 3 radiators. No fitting kit.

I need to see this brother.

Quick Reply: Converting 991.2 to gt3 kit.