Sponsored by:

Tial Sport Performance Upgrades and Preliminary Results

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2019, 04:22 PM
spdracerut
Three Wheelin'

Received 596 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by TXGold
The torque is limited flat for some reason, likely a torque limit, the car is not pulling timing but boost request is not being met, yet wastegate duty is low. It is a $hit show to figure out.
This just got me thinking that the wastegate actuator isn't strong enough. Often times, the rod end of the actuator is adjustable to change the spring preload. If the wastegate rod end is adjustable (it can be screwed on and off), screw it on more to add more preload to the wastegate actuator spring. Try a half turn at a time. If it's not adjustable, maybe make a spacer to go between the actuator can and the mounting flange.
Old 04-17-2019, 04:51 PM
3DMetal
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by spdracerut
This just got me thinking that the wastegate actuator isn't strong enough. Often times, the rod end of the actuator is adjustable to change the spring preload. If the wastegate rod end is adjustable (it can be screwed on and off), screw it on more to add more preload to the wastegate actuator spring. Try a half turn at a time. If it's not adjustable, maybe make a spacer to go between the actuator can and the mounting flange.
991.2 : This platform uses a vacuum actuator. Unless the Diaphragm is bottomed out, before the wg puck seats ( Clue its not ), then changing the arm length will not change the holding force, because its not preloading the wg.
This would be a concern if back pressure was too high. These turbos have been run up past 30 psi in testing, so a lack of holding force in the face of high back pressure, this is not a concern ( practical evidence ) .
Old 04-17-2019, 04:53 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 781 Likes on 454 Posts

2017 turbo wastegates are vacuum actuated. 2018 i believe they were changed to electric (with extra shielding) because they were not holding up to weather
Old 04-17-2019, 05:24 PM
spdracerut
Three Wheelin'

Received 596 Likes on 403 Posts

Bah.... of course the Germans have to do it differently than everyone else. So the situation it seems, please correct if I'm wrong, is a boost target demand is not being met, the solenoid duty cycle is low indicating it's trying to meet the target, yet the boost is not being made. So one possibility is there's a boost leak causing the turbo to overspeed.
Old 04-17-2019, 05:37 PM
3DMetal
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by spdracerut
Bah.... of course the Germans have to do it differently than everyone else. So the situation it seems, please correct if I'm wrong, is a boost target demand is not being met, the solenoid duty cycle is low indicating it's trying to meet the target, yet the boost is not being made. So one possibility is there's a boost leak causing the turbo to overspeed.
I read the "low duty cycle" as being less than high, as there is more duty cycle to go in achieving requested boost. I did not consider the inverse, I'm umsure how tuning represents the state of the control solenoid.
A boost leak would be a problem, the shop should have spotted that hopefully. Its still far from the 37 lbs/min ea flow rate.
Old 04-17-2019, 06:12 PM
TXGold
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

My point was adding a larger AR turbine that bolts on to the existing points of contact would be a great next level of who knows how much power. What I have now, according to Tial is more than enough and I can't wait to find out. Hopeful to put up some big numbers soon.
Old 04-17-2019, 06:20 PM
Aggie
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TXGold
My point was adding a larger AR turbine that bolts on to the existing points of contact would be a great next level of who knows how much power. What I have now, according to Tial is more than enough and I can't wait to find out. Hopeful to put up some big numbers soon.
This makes a lot of sense and I can't wait to see what happens.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:07 AM
Easy2speed
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

Any updates?
Old 08-11-2019, 04:33 PM
gman3280
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Easy2speed
Any updates?
+1???
Old 08-11-2019, 04:52 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 171 Likes on 127 Posts

This guy disappeared like a fart in the wind because of some ridiculous ricer beef between 2/3 people who all want to be "king of the carrera". His info/results were being posted on another site and he did not like it. Now OP is selling this car.

That's your sad update.
Old 08-11-2019, 05:44 PM
cosmo1
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 78 Posts

Don't you have anything else to do in your pathetic little life other than getting on here and starting crap? You really should be on meds...

Originally Posted by Psorcery
This guy disappeared like a fart in the wind because of some ridiculous ricer beef between 2/3 people who all want to be "king of the carrera". His info/results were being posted on another site and he did not like it. Now OP is selling this car.

That's your sad update.
Old 08-11-2019, 06:00 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Originally Posted by cosmo1
Don't you have anything else to do in your pathetic little life other than getting on here and starting crap? You really should be on meds...
Look whose talking lol.

The entire Porsche community in your area has shunned you. I've literally had 3 people PM me who are local to you after they've seen you cause problems on the forum (especially with me). They've informed me on your lunacy and psychotic episodes... I didn't even mention any names in my "update" above and look at you racing in here freaking out. As far as you bringing up meds. lol.. You are what you preach my man. Seek help.

Go pick a sword fight with someone else.
Old 08-11-2019, 08:31 PM
cosmo1
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 78 Posts

I'm in no Porsche groups but thanks for furthering my opinion of you because you really have some issues pal. Try and get them worked out and do us all some good...
Old 08-11-2019, 08:38 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Ok will do.

Quick Reply: Tial Sport Performance Upgrades and Preliminary Results