991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 991.2S Owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2019 | 11:44 AM
feh
Instructor

Welcome! Lava orange is amazing, very rare on a 991.2S for sure. Enjoy and congrats.
Old 04-08-2019 | 12:58 PM
fastforddriver
Instructor

Very nice, that color looks good.
Old 04-08-2019 | 01:09 PM
SLC Tortfeasor
Instructor

Lava orange is gorgeous, and the wheels look perfect with it. Nice work!
Old 04-09-2019 | 09:55 AM
Dtkf
Advanced

nice colour !! ... btw.. car looks lowered??
Old 04-09-2019 | 09:58 AM
enzotcat
Pro

Originally Posted by Dtkf
nice colour !! ... btw.. car looks lowered??
Thanks!

No, it's stock, but has the PASM sport suspension, which is 20mm lower than standard.
Old 04-10-2019 | 08:25 AM
stanleymorton
Advanced

Congrats!!!
Old 04-12-2019 | 06:27 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

I've done several Porsche deals with Oliver and Ernesto at Millenia Motors. They are great people to work with. Congrats!
Old 04-13-2019 | 01:23 AM
UFGator911
Intermediate

Congrats!!! I almost went to look at that car! I bought my 991.1 from Oliver late last year and was tempted to upgrade already just for giggles when I saw that one posted. Great get!
Old 04-13-2019 | 07:57 AM
K-A
Drifting

Gorgeous! Great color and love a good/destiny laced buying story.

It does make me sad to know that stunning 981 GTS which in my eyes is an instant classic/legend is gonna go though. Even next to a spanking new upper hierarchy 991, that thing holds its own.
Old 04-13-2019 | 08:13 AM
mkpierro
Advanced

Looks great. Congrats
Old 04-13-2019 | 09:41 AM
Dtkf
Advanced

Is this the same orange as gt3rs?
Old 04-13-2019 | 09:42 AM
enzotcat
Pro

Originally Posted by K-A
Gorgeous! Great color and love a good/destiny laced buying story.

It does make me sad to know that stunning 981 GTS which in my eyes is an instant classic/legend is gonna go though. Even next to a spanking new upper hierarchy 991, that thing holds its own.
Oh believe me, I really wouldn't mind keeping it, but the practical side of me says I can't own both because too much money is tied up in them. And then my wife will be unhappy because her car (2018 Civic Type R which, btw, is a phenomenal car) will remain outside and not in the garage. I am lamenting the lack of exhaust sound in the 911 - IMO there is no other Porsche at the moment that sounds better than the 981 GTS with PSE. It is absolutely unbelievable sounding, especially going through tunnels. The 991.2 PSE is a poor imitation of that. On the plus side, I won't run into sound issues at the SCCA autocross - the 981 with PSE on triggers the dB limit.
Old 04-13-2019 | 09:47 AM
enzotcat
Pro

Originally Posted by UFGator911
Congrats!!! I almost went to look at that car! I bought my 991.1 from Oliver late last year and was tempted to upgrade already just for giggles when I saw that one posted. Great get!
Thanks! Selfishly I'm extremely glad that you didn't upgrade.

Originally Posted by Dtkf
Is this the same orange as gt3rs?
Yes, it's the same lava orange. It's apparently reasonably commonplace with people who have a GT3 or GT3 RS to get "I'm an attention *****" colors, but a somewhat less so for us owners of "lesser" models. My dream was to get a lava orange 718 GT4 when it came out, but after some amount of reflection I realized that the overall cost of it including the ADM that I really don't believe in paying was going to be beyond my comfort point. I was idly browsing cargurus and looking for lava orange P-cars and came across 2 991.2s that were lava orange (nationwide search). One was a PDK, lightly optioned, and the other was this one. It took 1 1/2 business days for me to purchase it .
Old 04-13-2019 | 10:04 AM
K-A
Drifting

Originally Posted by enzotcat
Oh believe me, I really wouldn't mind keeping it, but the practical side of me says I can't own both because too much money is tied up in them. And then my wife will be unhappy because her car (2018 Civic Type R which, btw, is a phenomenal car) will remain outside and not in the garage. I am lamenting the lack of exhaust sound in the 911 - IMO there is no other Porsche at the moment that sounds better than the 981 GTS with PSE. It is absolutely unbelievable sounding, especially going through tunnels. The 991.2 PSE is a poor imitation of that. On the plus side, I won't run into sound issues at the SCCA autocross - the 981 with PSE on triggers the dB limit.
Man, couldn’t agree more with all of that re: sound. And really happy to see you say the 981 GTS sounds so beyond incredible and at the tip of the brand as I’ve always thought the same. The 981 GTS has honestly always been my favorite sounding, both in the flesh and in videos. I used to think maybe I was hearing things wrong when I realized I felt liked it even more than the GT4 sound, but the pitch of the 3.4 especially right behind you just makes for a miraculous combo. Sucks you’ll have to let it go but your 911 experience will be amazing in its own right.

And your wife has a Type R??

Hold on to that one (both of them ). Great automotive taste in that household.
Old 04-13-2019 | 12:17 PM
enzotcat
Pro

Originally Posted by K-A
Man, couldn’t agree more with all of that re: sound. And really happy to see you say the 981 GTS sounds so beyond incredible and at the tip of the brand as I’ve always thought the same. The 981 GTS has honestly always been my favorite sounding, both in the flesh and in videos. I used to think maybe I was hearing things wrong when I realized I felt liked it even more than the GT4 sound, but the pitch of the 3.4 especially right behind you just makes for a miraculous combo. Sucks you’ll have to let it go but your 911 experience will be amazing in its own right.

And your wife has a Type R??

Hold on to that one (both of them ). Great automotive taste in that household.
Hah, yes she does indeed! She's definitely a keeper. Funny story - she's the one that encouraged me to buy the Cayman. And she's the one that told me to get the 911. Her prior car was a Fiat 500. One day I come home, and she says to me "Why do you have the fun car? I also want a fun car. I'm going to buy a Civic Type R". You can imagine my jaw hit the floor - this was a person who previously was all about fuel economy. We searched for about a month trying to find one at MSRP - everyone wanted between $5k and $15k over sticker, and I wasn't about to do that - and we eventually found one at MSRP in Queens. I flew down, bought it and drove it back up. She has since gotten into autocross and track days.

The only knock against it is the brakes - while they were extremely good, I managed to destroy them in 2 sessions on the track. And by destroyed I mean the pads went from new to < 10% left, and the rotors went from new to warped and needing to be replaced. I wound up putting GiroDisc rotors and race pads on them. Other than that, the Type R is a fabulous car.

Quick Reply: New 991.2S Owner