New 991.2S Owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2019, 08:31 AM
enzotcat
Pro

Received 386 Likes on 201 Posts
Default New 991.2S Owner

Hello everyone

Been lurking for a while with the occasional post. I've been the proud owner of a 981 Cayman GTS for the last 3 years (still have it, it's now advertised on the Vehicle Marketplace). Just got my new-to-me 2017 991.2 Carrera S MT. It arrived from Florida yesterday afternoon, so naturally I'm super excited about it and plan to spend most of this afternoon "getting to know" it.

About 2 weeks ago I got home from the Porsche Track Experience - that was the 1st time I'd really driven a 911 "in anger". Prior to that it had been confined to a tame trip down a straight road. I love my Cayman, but really fell in love with the 911 after driving a 911 GTS manual at Barber. Prior to Barber I'd been waiting for the 718 Cayman GT4 to come out, and was planning on getting a Lava Orange version of it. I was, however, somewhat put off by the constant discussion of ADM on the car, and really don't believe in playing that game at all. To pass the time (as I'm sure many others have done), I'd build a 911 or a 718 Cayman on the configurator with all of the options that I wanted, and quietly drool over the images on my laptop. Once in a while I'd go to the rennlist classifieds, BaT, autotrader and cargurus to browse the Cayman and 911 listings.

Imagine my surprise when I saw this particular car with *exactly* the options that I had specified on the car configurator. And I really do mean *exactly*. Saw it on a Thursday, sent an email to the seller - Millenia Motors - received a response almost immediately, discussed it with Oliver on the Friday, flew down on the Monday, got a PPI done, bought the car and it was delivered yesterday afternoon. I'm now the proud (and hopefully only very temporary) owner of 2 Porsche cars.

Here are some pictures of my new toy.

Finally in the garage at home

Just after I made the purchase

On the truck about to be unloaded

Ready to drive home for the 1st time
The following users liked this post:
marcnyc (07-06-2020)
Old 04-07-2019, 08:55 AM
superdog
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts

Stunning.

Huge congrats.
Old 04-07-2019, 09:17 AM
LargePuppy
Rennlist Member

Received 344 Likes on 188 Posts

Looks fantastic! May you enjoy many miles for many years! 😊
Old 04-07-2019, 09:18 AM
Carrera-T
Rennlist Member

Received 613 Likes on 250 Posts

Congrats and enjoy your new 911!
Old 04-07-2019, 09:29 AM
usccharles
Pro

Received 228 Likes on 83 Posts

beautiful color

congrats
Old 04-07-2019, 10:16 AM
minthral
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Lava orange looks great.
Old 04-07-2019, 10:54 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,460 Likes on 2,361 Posts

Nice. I met Oliver and his Dad at his shop a few years ago and I was surprised at the number of nice Porsches he had.
Old 04-07-2019, 11:31 AM
Jack F
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 769 Likes on 546 Posts

Super nice! Nice choices to ponder in the morning.
Old 04-07-2019, 11:47 AM
MielsOnWheels
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I saw that car on the Millennia website. I thought the spec was perfect as well. I was tempted to inquire but I’m on the hunt for a GTS. Congrats on a beautiful example! How was the dealer to work with? My preference is to find a car at a Porsche dealer somewhere, but Millenia has some nice cars.
Old 04-07-2019, 02:58 PM
enzotcat
Pro

Originally Posted by MielsOnWheels
I saw that car on the Millennia website. I thought the spec was perfect as well. I was tempted to inquire but I’m on the hunt for a GTS. Congrats on a beautiful example! How was the dealer to work with? My preference is to find a car at a Porsche dealer somewhere, but Millenia has some nice cars.
Both Oliver and Ernesto were absolutely fantastic to work with. Oliver's response time to my emails and phone calls was almost instantaneous. He was more than happy for me to do whatever I wanted in order to satisfy myself that the car was perfect for me. After I collected the car from the PPI and drove it back to MIllenia, it was raining out and the car got wet. I parked it inside and went in to finalize the deal. When I came back to look at it, Ernesto had dried the car! He didn't have to do that - the car was already sold. His response was essentially "I'm **** - I can't look at a dirty or wet car and do nothing. I had to dry it" .

They seem to specialize in highly optioned and generally late model Porsches, and are clearly Porsche enthusiasts. Ernesto is an accomplished racer, PCA national instructor, MSF level 2 instructor, and we spent hours chatting about HPDE, Porsches, driving and such. He also showed me in-car video capture of his racing.

I truly had one of the best experiences buying a car - new or used - with Millenia. After the purchase, Oliver arranged for the transportation of my car up to me in New Hampshire. I didn't have to do anything. It was transported in a closed trailer, and arrived in perfect condition. I highly, highly recommend them as a stand up shop.
Old 04-07-2019, 04:16 PM
rs_t
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats! Love the color! I allmost bought a car with same color and wheels, but my yellow came for sale at the same time, and it had the PCCB and Carbon Buckets I wanted so went for it. But on those pictures, the color is just... YES!
Old 04-07-2019, 04:22 PM
Wujohn
Rennlist Member

Received 425 Likes on 269 Posts

That is one sexy car - love Lava Orange!
Old 04-07-2019, 04:34 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,460 Likes on 2,361 Posts

Originally Posted by MielsOnWheels
You can also ask him to locate what you are looking for, or at least have him keep his eyes open for you, and he does not charge very much for using him to do so.
Old 04-07-2019, 04:39 PM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome Fellow Lava 991.2 CS owner! Our cars are pretty similar - right down to the black lettering w/ just ''Porsche 911'.

What you have that I wish I had checked:
black PDLS surrounds

What mine has that yours does not:
- 20" RS
- black glass roof

- mine has lava deviated stitching on doors, seats and dash (maybe yours does but no interior shots)

It's a great color. Enjoy and safe driving

Old 04-07-2019, 05:26 PM
enzotcat
Pro

Originally Posted by 917k
Welcome Fellow Lava 991.2 CS owner! Our cars are pretty similar - right down to the black lettering w/ just ''Porsche 911'.

What you have that I wish I had checked:
black PDLS surrounds

What mine has that yours does not:
- 20" RS
- black glass roof

- mine has lava deviated stitching on doors, seats and dash (maybe yours does but no interior shots)

It's a great color. Enjoy and safe driving
We seriously have the best color! No deviated stitching on mine - that would've been nice. My sunroof is the metal one. Just got back from driving it. What an amazing car; I'm completely gaga about it 😂

Quick Reply: New 991.2S Owner