Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport Chrono or Full Leather?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2019, 12:43 PM
TennisGuy
Instructor

Received 76 Likes on 41 Posts

I think it’s because the performance gains are minimal with sports chrono and because if one is looking for absolute performance, there are now the GT3+ cars.
Old 03-24-2019, 01:59 PM
Stevelev
Rennlist Member

Received 174 Likes on 104 Posts

Like most on this thread, my vote would be leather. My previous car was a C2S in PDK with Sport chrono and I rarely used sport plus (when I did, the difference between it and sport was barely noticeable). For my incoming car, I went with full leather and no sport chrono but with a manual tranny (base car), I felt this was a no brainer. Seems to me driving both cars back to back would be ideal to help decide.
Old 03-24-2019, 04:12 PM
Papa Fittig
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts

Leather or the ugly stopwatch? - Ugly stopwatch for me all the time, every time.

I had a C2S w/o the Sport Chrono at one time

and the lack of it pushed me to exchange it for the one with it.
With that one exception I always go for the SC package. Leather? - what leather?
On a serious note, like others suggested I'd wait and find a car with both.
Old 03-24-2019, 04:41 PM
caveatesq
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 5 Posts

Full leather every day - Sport Chrono is a gimmick used by Porsche to drain more cash from your pocket. Full leather makes the car look and feel its $100k+ price tag. The base interior (especially the trimless door cards) looks very budget and out of place in a six figure car.
Old 03-24-2019, 05:17 PM
Papa Fittig
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts

Have to disagree with a SC being a gimmick comment. Sport+ is totally different game esp. in sportier (GTS. TT, TTS, GTx) guises.
Old 03-24-2019, 08:56 PM
achtung6
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

One of the most often overlooked goodies of the sport chrono is the sport response button. It’s like a LeMans style push to pass. I use it to pass people all the time! As well as impress my five year old who says “Porsche is the fastest car!” He pronounces Porsche correctly by the way.

My my twelve year old loves launch control starts. We will look for deserted strips of road to do these from time to time. I use all the modes SC provides. I love it and would not have a car without it. The interior is nice enough for me. I would go full leather if I could but would not choose it over SC. That’s the opinion of some random guy on the internet who is not spending his hard earned money on the car you’re looking at. So get what you like best!
Old 03-25-2019, 11:28 AM
Truble10
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 92 Posts

I love both options but no SC is a deal breaker for me. Its the throttle response that I would miss on a daily basis.
Old 03-25-2019, 11:48 AM
V999
Rennlist Member

Received 366 Likes on 220 Posts

I'm a little surprised at the responses urging an interior appearance option over a performance option. I mean, sure, get both if both matter to you. But if you can only have one, get the performance option (Sport Chrono) all day every day. It's not about the ugly clock. It's about Sport Plus.

I sat in full leather cars, and non-full leather cars and didn't care. But until I got and drove a 911 with Sport Plus, I would never have known how much I'd miss it if I didn't have it. And it's not like lack of full leather interior will make a 911 uncomfortable in any way.
Old 03-25-2019, 12:03 PM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 356 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by V999
I'm a little surprised at the responses urging an interior appearance option over a performance option. I mean, sure, get both if both matter to you. But if you can only have one, get the performance option (Sport Chrono) all day every day. It's not about the ugly clock. It's about Sport Plus.

I sat in full leather cars, and non-full leather cars and didn't care. But until I got and drove a 911 with Sport Plus, I would never have known how much I'd miss it if I didn't have it. And it's not like lack of full leather interior will make a 911 uncomfortable in any way.
Spot on
Old 03-25-2019, 12:10 PM
AdamSanta85
Rennlist Member

Received 1,248 Likes on 732 Posts

I won't consider a non-SC car. Full leather is nice but not a must have.
Old 03-25-2019, 12:18 PM
Jack F
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 767 Likes on 545 Posts

Originally Posted by V999

i think both are a must as I stated before. If a buyer never experienced either then it’s easy to go without. If you get an opportunity to drive a car with both then likely you will appreciate both. And if you see a full leather dash you will wonder how those plastic bits ended up in a car at this price point.

are there really no cars in the whole US that have both options?
Old 03-25-2019, 12:19 PM
garfunkle
Banned

Received 1,151 Likes on 630 Posts

SC for me... I have full cow in my daily driver and like the polarizing difference. My 911 is for driving and smoking cigars so it works for me. YMMV.

Buying a car and not driving it and for resale > enjoyment is like not kissing your girlfriend and buying her nice things so she's more desirable for her next boyfriend.
Old 03-25-2019, 12:27 PM
saeyedoc
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

If you're not tracking (the only place I've used S+), you'll enjoy the full leather more. My Cayman didn't have it and it's so nice.
Old 03-25-2019, 01:07 PM
V999
Rennlist Member

Received 366 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by saeyedoc
If you're not tracking (the only place I've used S+), you'll enjoy the full leather more. My Cayman didn't have it and it's so nice.
Unless I'm driving a longish distance at highway speeds and looking to give my ears a break, I'm pretty much always in Sport or Sport+. I really like the slightly stiffer, edgier setup in S+.

I really, really like my GTS, and as a daily driver, I think I made the correct choice. But I do wonder if I wouldn't have been even happier with an even stiffer, edgier, noisier GT3 or 3T. Guess I'll save my pennies and keep an eye the used market - maybe get one used and have both.
Old 03-25-2019, 01:19 PM
996AE
Rennlist Member

Received 1,463 Likes on 964 Posts

Cars without full leather look like a loaded Honda.

Crazy to think Porsche offers a 100k car with no leather. Jokes on us.

Quick Reply: Sport Chrono or Full Leather?