Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 RS Decklid on 991.2 C2?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2019 | 10:25 AM
Guards_Red_991
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Aatish
Agreed. I'm willing to be a guinea pig...just need to see which pill to take first....
Have you considered starting with a better intake and plenum? In my opinion that could be the first pill to take.

Check this out: https://www.ipdplenums.com/
Old 03-22-2019 | 10:41 AM
Aatish
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JSETarga
Are you having heat issues? Do you have a tune with boost turned up?
No tune. I'm stock tune for a few more weeks. I felt the heat soak at the track a few times, when I started going full send. Haven't had a chance to do a full log, but my dragy times show deterioration as I go back to back with the pulls, even with some cool down time.
Probably will speed up the heat soak issue when I turn it up.
Old 03-22-2019 | 10:43 AM
Aatish
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Guards_Red_991
Have you considered starting with a better intake and plenum? In my opinion that could be the first pill to take.

Check this out: https://www.ipdplenums.com/
I've looked into those too, but I'm seeing a lack of data. We need more guinea pigs. If I go intercoolers, I'll do the plenum...main reason I'm looking at the decklid/spoiler first is because it's pretty easy to swap out.

I enjoyed taking apart my rear end for my exhaust, though it was a headache and a half.

Old 03-22-2019 | 11:02 AM
JSETarga
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Aatish
No tune. I'm stock tune for a few more weeks. I felt the heat soak at the track a few times, when I started going full send. Haven't had a chance to do a full log, but my dragy times show deterioration as I go back to back with the pulls, even with some cool down time.
Probably will speed up the heat soak issue when I turn it up.
Is there any icebox for 911s? Could ice down between runs. Those seem to be popular drag racing and make a lot of sense to solve heat problems in that scenario.
Old 03-22-2019 | 11:43 AM
Aatish
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JSETarga

Is there any icebox for 911s? Could ice down between runs. Those seem to be popular drag racing and make a lot of sense to solve heat problems in that scenario.

Probably could route one inside cabin, through the back. I know there are meth kits, so it's possible. That said, I'm trying to keep it a bit more sleeper status lol

Quick Reply: GT3 RS Decklid on 991.2 C2?