Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone else can beat his price?
Old 06-25-2020, 12:21 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,455 Likes on 2,359 Posts

Originally Posted by Azndavid85
Anyone else can beat his price?
Only you can answer that! You must contact a couple or few and compare since some here have reported lower prices from one seller and others from a different seller. Keep in mind there are different plants, terms, deductibles, etc. for a specific car with a specific mileage.
Old 06-25-2020, 01:37 PM
myrr
Pro

Received 312 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGee
Yep, just last month.

Contact Troy Dietrich at Toyota of Greenfield. His price was 20% less than others I shopped. I have no affiliation, just a satisfied customer. Here’s Troy’s contact info:

tdietrich@toyotaofgreenfield.com

DaveGee

Thanks Dave - got a quote back in less than 5 minutes and indeed 20% less than other quotes i've received for a 100k Platinum purchased under 10k miles. Awesome referral!
Old 06-25-2020, 02:45 PM
no401k
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Yep, just last month.

Contact Troy Dietrich at Toyota of Greenfield. His price was 20% less than others I shopped. I have no affiliation, just a satisfied customer. Here’s Troy’s contact info:

DaveGee
+1 on Troy. His price was the best while I shopped for warranty for my r8 v10, 500/yr for 6 years. And guess what, as long as it's under 10 years old and still under fidelity warranty you can extend it another 6 years. Cheapest supercar to own with 11 year extended warranty after factory warranty expired in 2017, simply unheard of. The payout to date was already 6x the premium. With porsches it's a shame they dont cover the GT cars
Old 07-08-2020, 02:10 PM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

Received 2,016 Likes on 958 Posts

Originally Posted by C7toM2toGT4?
Check out Sara Rosales at Momentum Porsche. Super super helpful! Sara.Rosales@momentumporsche.com
tried to contact her and got no response. Have no problem with an inspection but am not local to her

For those out of original warranty but with low miles and CPO, Mjourdan seems like the only option, which kind of sucks.. nothing against michael, but it would be nice to have a couple of options

Old 07-08-2020, 02:56 PM
DaveGee
Rennlist Member

Received 480 Likes on 269 Posts

[QUOTE=DaveGee;16726668]Yep, just last month.

DaveGee
Old 07-08-2020, 03:29 PM
shammerman
Rennlist Member

Received 659 Likes on 349 Posts

[QUOTE=DaveGee;16758798]
Yep, just last month.

DaveGee
Not sure if this applies to @desmotesta , but Troy would not insure if not under original factory warranty (mine is still CPO, but it was a no-go).
Old 07-08-2020, 03:41 PM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 634 Likes on 396 Posts

[QUOTE=shammerman;16758894]

Not sure if this applies to @desmotesta , but Troy would not insure if not under original factory warranty (mine is still CPO, but it was a no-go).
This doesn't sound right, so I would double-check and even contact Fidelity if necessary. The CPO warranty is an extension of the original, so I don't know what would be the difference. I bought a Platinum policy from Troy last month for my GT4 that was weeks away from being out of warranty, but it was the original.
Old 07-08-2020, 03:49 PM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 634 Likes on 396 Posts

On the topic of Fidelity warranties and their prices, has anyone figured out how to assess the financial health and likely longevity of Fidelity? I was speaking with a classics dealer friend of mine recently and he said he doesn't trust any third-party warranty companies because he says, they all go out of business eventually. As policyholders, we become unsecured creditors and if the warranty company goes out of business, we are SOL and our warranties are worthless.
The following users liked this post:
McLaren997 (05-02-2022)
Old 07-08-2020, 04:24 PM
991.1 Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 920 Likes on 485 Posts

^^^ So true!
And good point. I'm not sure what one can do except hope they are financially sound. I guess you could keep an eye on their financials and cancel your policy if you get concerned. I understand there is some rebate if you cancel the policy before its expiration. That is what MJ told me when I purchased mine.
Old 07-08-2020, 05:56 PM
SConn
Drifting

Received 976 Likes on 580 Posts

Originally Posted by desmotesta
tried to contact her and got no response. Have no problem with an inspection but am not local to her

For those out of original warranty but with low miles and CPO, Mjourdan seems like the only option, which kind of sucks.. nothing against michael, but it would be nice to have a couple of options
I would try calling the dealer and ask for her personally then. She was super honest with me and I appreciated that. She saw my car was listed as CPO and asked why I wanted a warranty at this point whereas another agent never said a word. Just sent me a price list.
Old 07-16-2020, 10:38 PM
PanHopeful
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I keep reading conflicting things - does the car need to be in original manufacturers warranty to be eligible for Fidelity Platinum, or can it be outside of new car warranty, but still in CPO, or does it not have to be under any warranty (but just inspected)?
Old 07-16-2020, 10:53 PM
no401k
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by PanHopeful
I keep reading conflicting things - does the car need to be in original manufacturers warranty to be eligible for Fidelity Platinum, or can it be outside of new car warranty, but still in CPO, or does it not have to be under any warranty (but just inspected)?
my understanding is that the car will be automatically eligible for fidelity platinum if it's under factory warranty (4 years). CPO does not count. If the car has a current extended fidelity warranty but is now out of factory warranty, it can be cancelled and renewed with another extension (as long as the car is under 10 years old). If the car is out of factory warranty and has no current fidelity warranty, it must be inspected by the dealer who sells the fidelity warranty (so u are pretty much stuck to a local dealer who probably charges more for the same plan vs others recommended from the forum)
The following users liked this post:
FutureCaymanGuy (01-03-2021)
Old 07-16-2020, 11:39 PM
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by PanHopeful

i just purchased the Fidelity platinum warranty last week. My car was still under CPO, but it doesn’t have to be under warranty. Below is a copy of what Mr. Jourdan at Mossy motors sent me. Hope this helps

LIST OF WHAT I NEED TO PROCESS A WARRANTY

FULL VIN
CURRENT MILES
FULL NAME
DATE OF BIRTH
PHONE NUMBER
EMAIL ADDRESS
GARAGING ADDRESS
SALE PRICES PAID FOR CAR
WARRANTY PLAN TYPE YOU WISH TO PURCAHSE
TERM YEARS
TERM MILES
DEDUCTIBLE OPTION
DATE OF LAST SERVICE VISIT.
IF CAR IS COVERED BY WARRANTY I DO NOT NEED A INSPECTION OR SERVICES VISIT RECEIPT.
IF CAR IS NOT COVERED BY ANY WARRANTY I RECOMMEND A SERVICE VISIT/INSPECTION WITHIN 30 DAYS OF BUYING THE WARRANTY TO MAKE SURE IF YOU HAVE AN IMMEDIATE CLAIM WE DON'T RUN INTO QUESTIONING IF THE CAR WAS IN NEED OF REPAIRS WHEN YOU BOUGHT THE WARRANTY. It's not a requirement but I recommend
The following 5 users liked this post by 696:
FutureCaymanGuy (01-03-2021), GT3FZS (02-10-2021), maschinetheist (12-18-2020), Momvivant (11-26-2021), shammerman (07-17-2020)
Old 07-17-2020, 01:21 AM
PanHopeful
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks

Quick Reply: Where to buy Fidelity Warranty?