Sponsored by:

Had the Car Detailed

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2019, 09:00 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,413 Likes on 2,516 Posts

Originally Posted by NJ991

can’t wait to see that. I have an air blower device I got from Adam’s Polish to dry off the cars. I’ll see how that’ll work. For now, I have the car covered in the garage. Waiting for spring now.
Should work fine.

Yeah.....spring.....can't wait. Haven't driven my car since October 27th. I have a road trip already scheduled for March 21-24th. Not really concerned about the air temps, I just hope the salt residue is gone by then so I can make my trip to St. Louis wine country and my friends March Madness opening rounds. Fingers crossed.
Old 03-02-2019, 07:28 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 461 Likes on 313 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeus993
Looks fantastic. Strips? They looked good too. A white car is just an open canvas.
Stripes would look great on it. I'd want 3 big ones, running all the way from the front edge of the frunk lid to the tail. Maybe in medium to Navy Blue with narrow Red borders. Or maybe the light Martini Racing Blue with Red border stripes.

And Im here to tell you the vinyl stripes cover a lot of paint, and are are a lot easier to clean and care for than the PPF and Black paint on my Endurance Racing Edition. They reduce the amount of work needed to make it look good.

For stripes and decals, go to a graphics shop that does race cars, for most accurate installation. Applying stripes is very different than than PPF application, which is all stretch and trim. Unlike PPF, stripes must be accurately positioned b4 sticking them on the paint.
Be sure to put the PPF on b4 the stripes, for best looks. Ask me how I know that. A dealer had removed my top stripes, and then was bought out by Napleton, who trucked some of that inventory to Chicago where Napleton had greatly expanded its Porsche dealership. When I bought it new in June 2018 from Napleton in Chicago, I demanded my dealer put the limited edition stripes back on it. He agreed and ordered replacement stripes from Porsche Germany. I had PPF applied b4 my dealer had the race graphics shop install the stripes.
Old 03-02-2019, 09:54 PM
ooahman
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

It did look great before, but I’m very plain Jane. I like it clean. Having a hard time deciding on wheels to buy. That coupled with a drop will complete the look.
I had Phil do a complete overhaul on my 991 as well.

remove old film, perform complete paint correction, apply film to everything but the rear bumper, ceramic coating body and wheels at the time.

Also goto to Danek at Eurotech for my HRE wheels and some additional mechanical work

Your car looks great !!

We seem to travel in the same circles , I am sure we will meet up soon
Old 03-02-2019, 11:55 PM
NJ991
Rennlist Member

Received 368 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by ooahman
I had Phil do a complete overhaul on my 991 as well.

remove old film, perform complete paint correction, apply film to everything but the rear bumper, ceramic coating body and wheels at the time.

Also goto to Danek at Eurotech for my HRE wheels and some additional mechanical work

Your car looks great !!

We seem to travel in the same circles , I am sure we will meet up soon
Danek’s shop is impressive. They really can do anything. I’ll have his shop to my suspension setup and wheels. They did great on my S5. Hope we do run into each other. Always look forward to meeting other enthusiasts.
Old 03-03-2019, 07:44 AM
rporzio
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow, looks great...!
Old 03-03-2019, 08:50 AM
ooahman
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Danek’s shop is impressive. They really can do anything. I’ll have his shop to my suspension setup and wheels. They did great on my S5. Hope we do run into each other. Always look forward to meeting other enthusiasts.
NJ991 , I am going to have Danek install coilovers on my car, I am leaning towards Ohlins Road and Track. What suspension setup are you considering?
Old 03-03-2019, 09:47 AM
NJ991
Rennlist Member

I had Ohlins on one of my S4s. Best I have ever had. I don’t track my cars, so I’ll be looking into some sort of coilovers or KW HAS. I just need it for street driving, but maintain good drivability, with no crash/bounce feeling.
Old 03-04-2019, 12:12 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 980 Likes on 490 Posts

To add, I had the entire front end done, bumper, hood, fenders, pillars, roof, rear fenders(replaced the OEM ones). Back to the garage to store until April now. Next mods will be new suspension and wheels.
Beautiful job, well done. What wheels are you thinking about acquiring? There may be a few in our 991 gallery that catch your eye https://wheelsboutique.com/gallery/p...s/porsche-991/

Wheels Boutique // 786 249 0127 // Sales@wheelsboutique.com
Follow us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique
Largest Dealer In The World for HRE Wheels, ANRKY Wheels, Vorsteiner Wheels & Aero, Akrapovic Exhaust, & iPE Exhaust
BBS, Forgeline, & TechArt Premium Dealer
Brembo / Rotiform / KW / H&R / Novitec / Brabus / Mansory and tons more...
Old 03-04-2019, 03:57 PM
NJ991
Rennlist Member

Not sure about wheels. I’m very picky and still trying to narrow it down.
Old 03-04-2019, 05:09 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 980 Likes on 490 Posts

Not sure about wheels. I’m very picky and still trying to narrow it down.
If we can help guide you in any way let us know. We can talk wheels all day if you let us

Quick Reply: Had the Car Detailed