Sponsored by:

New or used Targa GTS

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 12:41 PM
NNN Investment
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by harlandoc
Why is it that all questions about depreciation are answered with the hackneyed, "don't worry about depreciation, buy what you like?" The guy asked about depreciation. He is certainly aware of what he likes. Why can't people just answer his question without all the judgments about how he should make his choice? Cheers!
Thank you for that. I'm on several forums since I'm not just an porsche guy but for some reason this forum Hs the most negative and rude people. You can't just ask a question or some advice. Do you think that maybe someone does not want to buy it and enjoy it and lose $30,000. I typically lose 10,000 or less per year on any car i ever bought. My most recent sale was an R8. Lost $1000 in 8 mos.
Old 02-18-2019, 12:51 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,455 Likes on 2,359 Posts

Sorry, and don't be deterred from using this site since there is a lot of useful information here and there is more more help available than comments you may think are rude. But use the search function and/or start reading threads, page by page, as I did, and you will be amazed at much you can learn.
Old 02-18-2019, 12:52 PM
NNN Investment
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Sorry, and don't be deterred from using this site since there is a lot of useful information here and there is more more help available than comments you may think are rude. But use the search function and/or start reading threads, page by page, as I did, and you will be amazed at much you can learn.
Will do sir. Thanks.
Old 02-22-2019, 02:12 AM
vipertom 1970
Instructor

With tax, registration and front wrap I paid 180K for my new Targa 4GTS and now only worth $150K with only 500 miles. Lets someone else take the initial depreciation.
Old 02-22-2019, 04:03 AM
usccharles
Pro

Received 228 Likes on 83 Posts

i think its fact that Targa holds value best among all 911 models. and Targa is the most rare of the models. so i think the answer is clear
Old 02-22-2019, 05:30 AM
superdog
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by vipertom 1970
With tax, registration and front wrap I paid 180K for my new Targa 4GTS and now only worth $150K with only 500 miles. Lets someone else take the initial depreciation.
well that’s not really a fair comparison.

If yiu add tax to the 150 You are right above 160. And you get nothing for your wrap. So that’s another 2k. You will still also have to pay reg and other fees. So let’s call it 165 for the sake of keeping it simple.

Thats not so bad.

Besides I passed last year on a Targa GTS from my dealer. Their list was 165. It’s was similar to my brand new build except that mine has the ceramic brakes.

Before all tax and fees I was right around 175 for my build. That’s a 10k dollar difference.

Id go new every time for that.
Old 02-22-2019, 09:27 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Ditto...no way I could get what I wanted on the lot, unless I waited for myself to selll it in about 10 years.
Old 02-28-2019, 10:50 AM
Aggie
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by usccharles
i think its fact that Targa holds value best among all 911 models. and Targa is the most rare of the models. so i think the answer is clear
Outside of the GT cars.
Old 02-28-2019, 10:26 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 254 Posts

What is the wind buffeting/noise like with the targa? I heard it’s worse than the cabriolet.
Old 02-28-2019, 11:31 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jlee504
What is the wind buffeting/noise like with the targa? I heard it’s worse than the cabriolet.
I had a C7 and one of the reasons I sold it was because of the wind buffeting. I read all the reviews and many said the Targa had buffeting as well, along with noise, squeaks, rattles, etc. I read the threads here but I had to drive one myself since I have just 2 requirements for a sports car: manual tranny and open top. If I had listened the the majority of the reviews online I would have gotten a Cab, which I knew I would have been happy with since I test drove one. Targas were hard to find but a dealer about 2 hours away had a pre-owned one so I had to made the trip since I loved the way it looked compared to the Cab. My wife and I both drove it and we varied our speed up to about 75 with the windows up and down and we left there knowing it was the right car to buy since we were very pleased with the lack of buffeting and noise; there is a 2 postion windstop on the windshield header that does control the noise somewhat depending on speed. One thing that does matter is the seat position since the closer to the steering wheel one is makes the buffeting and noise less noticeable as well as having the seat lower. I have zero regrets and it is night and day different from the C7.
Old 03-01-2019, 01:14 PM
Werks 1
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I own a beautiful 2016 991.1 Targa GTS....... I had a 1984 Coupe and a 1989 Turbo Cab....... I LOVE MY TARGA...... I had always wanted a Targa and when they changed to the "old school" look..... I dove in....... NO REGRETS.....I see very few around especially at local "Cars and Coffee"...Mine is the only one that shows up.......Being in So. Cal. I very rarely drive with the top up........ Speaking on the phone is not a problem....... I think less noise in the cabin than my 930 Cab.......... on occasion, a rattle from the rear...but its been fixed and has not returned....... If you order new, get rear camera .......that will help you protect your roof when it goes back, you can make sure you're not to close to anything to hit.......

Quick Reply: New or used Targa GTS