Sponsored by:

Xpel and Ceramic Pro

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 03:28 PM
Gary JR
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 113 Posts
Default Xpel and Ceramic Pro

Two years after Xpel and Ceramic Pro (2 coats) it may be time for a booster. Anyone tried Xpel Ceramic Boost?

https://www.xpel.com/Ceramic-boost-spray

Old 02-12-2019, 04:09 PM
CaymanSinAR
Rennlist Member

Received 635 Likes on 402 Posts

Not having ceramic, I've always thought you were supposed to use a booster from the beginning to maintain it. Probably just marketing talking!

I can't speak to Xpel Ceramic Boost, but I've seen CarPro Reload mentioned over and over again here.
Old 02-13-2019, 01:07 AM
_RS_
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 62 Posts

I have Hydro Silex Recharge to use on my Ceramic Pro, and you should certainly clay first to remove stuck-on particles. I did that in one area and the hydro sylex just beaded off and I had to catch it from running away to apply it. Didn't do any more, I have 6 layers of CP so I'll look again some years down the line.
I have no experience of it over a plastic coating like Xpel etc so I don't know how that soft surface underneath the CP would effect things.
Old 02-13-2019, 03:06 AM
Ryan52589
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

I use carpro reload over my ceramic coated xpel about every 5 or so washes. It looks like glass after every wash but I just can’t help it. I’ve tried Gyeon Cure and a few others but Reload is best IMO. Never tried to Xpel brand but only one way to find out
Old 02-13-2019, 09:04 AM
polobai
Drifting

Received 1,115 Likes on 665 Posts

I used Adams ceramic boost 2.0 and have no complaints
Old 02-13-2019, 10:04 AM
Monetthecat
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I’m addicted to CarPro Reload as a sacrificial layer over my CQuartz Pro. Do it every month (2-3 washes). I know it’s overkill, but love to slickness and shine
Old 02-13-2019, 01:13 PM
bwiele
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Try some Bead Maker as a topper for your ceramic coating and PPF. It creates the slickest surface of any any product I have ever tried. And I have tried A LOT of different products. It's inexpensive and available on Amazon.
Old 02-13-2019, 06:19 PM
SH2
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by bwiele
Try some Bead Maker as a topper for your ceramic coating and PPF. It creates the slickest surface of any any product I have ever tried. And I have tried A LOT of different products. It's inexpensive and available on Amazon.
+1, this stuff is amazing!!
Old 02-13-2019, 06:24 PM
Gary JR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CCDD

+1, this stuff is amazing!!
You guys are talking me into this. Says can be applied when wet or dry.
Old 02-14-2019, 01:11 PM
XPEL
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 70 Likes on 37 Posts
Default XPEL Ceramic Boost

Originally Posted by Gary JR
Two years after Xpel and Ceramic Pro (2 coats) it may be time for a booster. Anyone tried Xpel Ceramic Boost?

https://www.xpel.com/Ceramic-boost-spray

Originally Posted by CaymanSinAR
Not having ceramic, I've always thought you were supposed to use a booster from the beginning to maintain it. Probably just marketing talking!

I can't speak to Xpel Ceramic Boost, but I've seen CarPro Reload mentioned over and over again here.
Originally Posted by _RS_
I have Hydro Silex Recharge to use on my Ceramic Pro, and you should certainly clay first to remove stuck-on particles. I did that in one area and the hydro sylex just beaded off and I had to catch it from running away to apply it. Didn't do any more, I have 6 layers of CP so I'll look again some years down the line.
I have no experience of it over a plastic coating like Xpel etc so I don't know how that soft surface underneath the CP would effect things.
Originally Posted by polobai
I used Adams ceramic boost 2.0 and have no complaints
The XPEL Ceramic Boost is very similar to the products mentioned, Bead Maker, CarPro Reload, Hydro Silex Recharge, Adams Ceramic Boost 2.0, etc.

It is manufactured to pair extremely well with paint protection film (any brand) and also work wonders on bare paint and ceramic coated paint.

Old 02-14-2019, 05:21 PM
Jim991
Burning Brakes

Received 178 Likes on 132 Posts

Just had 3/4 Xpel and Gyeon ceramic coating put on my black 2014 TT. It looks amazing. Ordered Reload but shouldn’t need it for awhile.
Old 02-15-2019, 12:29 PM
bwiele
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary JR
You guys are talking me into this. Says can be applied when wet or dry.
My suggestion is to wash and dry the car, then spray a generous amount of BM on one section at a time (front end, glass, roof, doors one side, then the other, then rear). Spread around with one micro fiber towel, then buff with a dry towel. It will cure over about 8 hours. Slickness and shine left behind I have not seen matched by another product.

After the initial generous application, just spray some on and wipe off after a few washes. As I said, it's not an expensive product. Very low risk to give it try. But don't take my word for it - look for YT videos by Obsessed Garage, Pan the Organizer, and others that rave about it.

(For clarity, I have no affiliation.)
Old 02-15-2019, 03:06 PM
Ryan52589
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Just tried Bead Maker, holy cow. +1. I probably won’t use anything else ever again. And the price is very reasonable.
Old 02-15-2019, 05:50 PM
Gary JR
Rennlist Member

My suggestion is to wash and dry the car, then spray a generous amount of BM on one section at a time (front end, glass, roof, doors one side, then the other, then rear). Spread around with one micro fiber towel, then buff with a dry towel. It will cure over about 8 hours. Slickness and shine left behind I have not seen matched by another product.

After the initial generous application, just spray some on and wipe off after a few washes. As I said, it's not an expensive product. Very low risk to give it try. But don't take my word for it - look for YT videos by Obsessed Garage, Pan the Organizer, and others that rave about it.

(For clarity, I have no affiliation.)
Thanks. I have a line on the Xpel and will be trying this when I get it. Apparently it sold out everywhere immediately upon release.
Old 02-15-2019, 05:58 PM
KM1959
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan52589
Just tried Bead Maker, holy cow. +1. I probably won’t use anything else ever again. And the price is very reasonable.
Just bought a gallon of this stuff. I hope you guys are right!

Quick Reply: Xpel and Ceramic Pro