Sponsored by:

Odb2 location 991.2 GTS

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 01:51 PM
jnolan
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim137a

Not to derail the thread but how long have you been with MetroMile. I was considering switching to them but saw their typical M.O. was to raise the rates significantly after the first 6 months. Also, they seem to have a very high number of complaints.

https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/insu...romile-review/
I have been on Metromile for about 3 years, give or take. The rates go up each year but I would say the increases are incremental. The base rate on my GTS went from $42 to $44 over a year. I have not had to file a claim so I can’t speak to any experience with that side of the company. The customer service call wait times have definitely gone up and it’s pretty annoying but when I get an agent they are able to deal with whatever issue I am having without pushing me off to someone else.

I have 7 cars, 4 are on Metromile (my Cobra requires a specialty insurance provider, I have one car on Farmers that Metromile would not insure but I also need one car on Farmers for my umbrella coverage, and 1 is long term storage and not insured). My insurance for everything was over $20k a year; with Metromile I have taken the combined insurance expense down to about $6k a year. Even if Metromile increases my rates 50%, I’m still coming out ahead.
Old 02-19-2019, 09:49 PM
Jim137a
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by jnolan

I have been on Metromile for about 3 years, give or take. The rates go up each year but I would say the increases are incremental. The base rate on my GTS went from $42 to $44 over a year. I have not had to file a claim so I can’t speak to any experience with that side of the company. The customer service call wait times have definitely gone up and it’s pretty annoying but when I get an agent they are able to deal with whatever issue I am having without pushing me off to someone else.

I have 7 cars, 4 are on Metromile (my Cobra requires a specialty insurance provider, I have one car on Farmers that Metromile would not insure but I also need one car on Farmers for my umbrella coverage, and 1 is long term storage and not insured). My insurance for everything was over $20k a year; with Metromile I have taken the combined insurance expense down to about $6k a year. Even if Metromile increases my rates 50%, I’m still coming out ahead.
‘thanks for the feed back, I may take another look at it.
Old 06-04-2019, 06:30 AM
Jooniper
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I'm metromile on 991.1

Originally Posted by jnolan

because I can plug in my pay-per-mile insurance device without using a cable and modifying my interior
I just bought a 991.1 carrera and I have metromile. can we use the OBD2 port ? I know it is covered. manual says don't plug anything except for diagnostics....
Old 06-04-2019, 09:23 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,365 Likes on 2,308 Posts

Yes, that is the standard answer for use of the port.
Old 06-04-2019, 11:42 AM
jnolan
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Jooniper
I just bought a 991.1 carrera and I have metromile. can we use the OBD2 port ? I know it is covered. manual says don't plug anything except for diagnostics....
That port is pretty dumb (it doesn't even authenticate devices attached to it, which is a major security vulnerability). Newer models can sense something is plugged into it when the device lights up in an attempt to send data, which can trigger the vehicle alarm system. This is not a problem on my 991.2 but it was definitely an issue with my Panamera so I plugged the device into the trunk 12v adapter with a provided adapter.
Old 06-04-2019, 11:45 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,365 Likes on 2,308 Posts

Just plug it in and see if it works for you. You are not uploading anything so no harm will come from trying.
Old 08-09-2023, 09:25 AM
PlatinumWRX
3rd Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Thank you!

Originally Posted by StormRune
Just above the left dead pedal. Your left toes almost touch it.
Thank you so much for posting this. Everything says the OBD port is in the fuse box on the 2016 911 (991.1) and it is above the dead pedal, facing down. No more change oil message for me!

Quick Reply: Odb2 location 991.2 GTS