Sponsored by:

Premium Package Almost

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2019, 08:49 PM
mkpierro
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Premium Package Almost

I got a new to me 2017 911 S Cabriolet. The car has heated seats, ventalated seats and heated steering wheel but not the full premium package. Any idea why someone would not want the LED Headlights, 14 way seats or keyless entry. I think the base seats might be more comfortable than my last car with 14 way seats, but the other options seem worth it for the price difference. Any thoughts?
Old 02-09-2019, 09:39 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Some people like base seats and base headlights. Light design is take it or leave it. Same with other options. Seeing heated/ventilated but no premium or premium plus is not that unusual based on builds I have seen. Certainly the way I would have specced it. Heated/ventilated 4 way sport plus, Heated Mf wheel, base lights.
Old 02-09-2019, 09:51 PM
mkpierro
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by evilfij
Some people like base seats and base headlights. Light design is take it or leave it. Same with other options. Seeing heated/ventilated but no premium or premium plus is not that unusual based on builds I have seen. Certainly the way I would have specced it. Heated/ventilated 4 way sport plus, Heated Mf wheel, base lights.
Thanks for the input.
Old 02-09-2019, 11:04 PM
freeman
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

If you live in Florida as do we, why do you need heated seats and steering wheel? Besides my GTS without such things, we own a Taurus SHO that I could not get without heated seats and steering wheel. However it has air-conditioned seats and steering wheel.
Old 02-10-2019, 12:11 AM
manuelfangioG
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mkpierro
I got a new to me 2017 911 S Cabriolet. The car has heated seats, ventalated seats and heated steering wheel but not the full premium package. Any idea why someone would not want the LED Headlights, 14 way seats or keyless entry. I think the base seats might be more comfortable than my last car with 14 way seats, but the other options seem worth it for the price difference. Any thoughts?
I'm new to the 911 world and I have to admit that some of the option choices on cars I've seen is baffling. I get that it's a lot to sort through when you buy new, and that Porsche makes almost everything that is standard on other brands optional. However, the low cost of some options that just seem table stakes for a car of this class (e.g., electric folding mirrors, backup camera and sensors, etc.) relative to other options makes it surprising when they are missing. Some choices are region-driven like heated seats or wheel, but others would be useful in any climate.
Old 02-10-2019, 01:05 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Folding mirrors don’t add much value as the rear fenders are almost as wide as the mirrors (especially on wide body cars) and everyone seems to prefer the sport design mirrors which are not available in folding (and are included in GT/T/GTS for free). You see heated seats even in warm areas as they are needed to get ventilated seats. Same with heated wheel as it includes multifunction. Rear view camera is now standard due to the US regulations changing as of 5/18. Sensors are a rare option as people don’t seem to like the look of them and with the camera now, I would say they are not needed.

I should set up a configurator consulting service.
Old 02-10-2019, 02:30 AM
Papa Fittig
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts

That's the beauty of the long option list. You can build it the way you want or hunt for a build you like on a used market for long, long time
As for me, take LED lights and Entry and drive over heated/ventilated seats all day every day. Also I like 14 way seats and would not take a multi-function steering wheel. I'd also love to have a 5-lug wheels instead of CLs. But that's just me. YMMV
Old 02-10-2019, 08:33 AM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 404 Likes on 289 Posts
Default i like the base sports seats

Better plus there is a 50 pound weight savings. less stuff=faster sports car.
Old 02-10-2019, 09:49 AM
Gordon Shumway
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

You seem to be assuming that the car was spec'd by the original buyer where cost/benefit is analyzed ad infinitum. However, most of these cars are ordered by the store selling them, and in my experience there is no rhyme nor reason in the options chosen for most of them.
Old 02-10-2019, 02:11 PM
hbear
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Other than making sure there is sufficient options to drive MSRP up. You don’t see stripper cars on the lots for a reason . To that end, most 911 buyers aren’t looking for them either.

Quick Reply: Premium Package Almost