Sponsored by:

Carrera T LWB reviews

Old 02-09-2019, 12:37 PM
PcarMav
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carrera T LWB reviews

Hey Carrera T community,

Debating on 4way vs. Buckets. Primarily street use as weekend car and occasional track sessions. Hard to find the perfect spec new/used and allocations are elusive at this point... so its compromise time. I have driven on street with them but never lived with them. I consider myself limber enough to do the gymanstic style egress as I clubrace in race seats.

The "ethos" of the T, as seems to me, can be fitted with either as Porsche made them available for the T ( but they again they offer 18s and sunroofs....) Either way the T is happening for me, Love this car.

Thoughts?

Leads on any with Manual and RAS appreciated
Old 02-09-2019, 12:38 PM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

all about whether they fit YOU and are comfortable for long hauls for YOU
Old 02-09-2019, 01:11 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,239 Likes on 570 Posts

Your post is good timing as I'm 8 days and counting to lock in on my March 2019 T allocation. Here are my thoughts along this journey so far (at least for the next 12 hours):

LWBS: For the pure bliss of driving up in the hills and canyons there is nothing that beats LWBS. I purchased a set for my first 987.2 Boxster Spyder and then bought a 2nd Spyder with them. A bit of a gymnastic feat to get into without damaging the side bolster but once you are in they are fantastic. And the 997.2 / 987.2 generation of LWBS are hinged, so they fold forward giving access to the back footwell and the rear seats in the 997.2. For the Spyder, they are a perfect match. Delete the AC (like mine), yank the radio, drop the top and you have a very very engaging, lightweight very specialized drivers car.

Alternatively, For the 991, the LWBS are not hinged and really the only way to access the rear is to pass things in between the seats or move the seat forward. Honestly, all this put together for a Daily Driver, short runs to the store, dropping family off etc... they just (sniff) don't fit the equation.

4-Way Sport Plus: I've not driven in these but those in the know of both seats tell me they are fantastic, give great support, and with the Sport-tex inserts fit the ethos of the T. I'm looking at driving my T pretty much daily and enjoying being back in a 911. So the 4wSS+ is the way I am leaning for my build. Like I say, talk to me in 12 hours and I may have changed my mind.

So the consensus on the seats comes to intended use. Weekend driver? Go with LWBS. Daily Driver? Go with 4wSS+.

Hope this sheds some light and congrats on "T-ing" up!

Old 02-09-2019, 01:57 PM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 887 Likes on 400 Posts

Our cars will see similar use. 1700 miles in with the FBs. Would not change them out. They're perfect.

Old 02-09-2019, 02:21 PM
Carrera-T
Rennlist Member

Received 502 Likes on 218 Posts

I really like the standard 4-way Sport Plus seats in my 2019 Carrera T. They look and feel great with the combo of leather and Sport-Tex and hold me very well and are comfortable.

I will likely not track the car much and had concerns about the long term comfort and ingress and egress of the LWBS. Sorry I can’t comment specifically on the buckets but did want to at least provide my personal feelings about the sport seats.

Good luck!
Old 02-09-2019, 02:41 PM
CamsPorsche
Race Car

Received 380 Likes on 161 Posts

I opted for the 4-ways as I had the LWBs in my 991.2 GT3. If you are a track junkie get the LWBs otherwise get the 4-ways. Another factor was having more of the deviated stitching which is quite nice and the Sport Tex materials.

Super happy:

Old 02-09-2019, 03:10 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

CamsPorsche - do we have any option that you know if Canada for rear-seat delete with the Interior Package Carrera - T option? Like this (UK)...

Old 02-09-2019, 03:28 PM
jimmymoO
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 60 Posts

Go find a dealer and sit in one. It's best to feel it for yourself if YOU feel comfortable in them. Otherwise you'll regret getting it.

That being said, I'd probably get PCCB over the LWB.
Old 02-09-2019, 03:33 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by .moo.
Go find a dealer and sit in one. It's best to feel it for yourself if YOU feel comfortable in them. Otherwise you'll regret getting it.

That being said, I'd probably get PCCB over the LWB.
Why not both?
Old 02-09-2019, 04:23 PM
CamsPorsche
Race Car

Received 380 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeus993
CamsPorsche - do we have any option that you know if Canada for rear-seat delete with the Interior Package Carrera - T option? Like this (UK)...

Y
I'm not sure...go onto the CDN configurator and see. I just always assumed anything other than LWBs came with rear seats.
Old 02-09-2019, 07:03 PM
dchang81
Instructor

Received 67 Likes on 28 Posts

I sat in them and found them uncomfortable and a pain to get in and out. Know plenty on here find it the opposite but I couldn't live with them. Have to try them for yourself. This is one option I think that opinions on it here are pretty useless unless it's just gonna be a track toy.
Old 02-09-2019, 07:31 PM
titleistaddict87
Three Wheelin'

Received 124 Likes on 102 Posts

If you find them comfortable when you’re in them then my advice is LWBS for an occasional car and sport seats if it’s a daily / errand car.
Old 02-10-2019, 09:20 AM
slvr993
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by titleistaddict87
If you find them comfortable when you’re in them then my advice is LWBS for an occasional car and sport seats if it’s a daily / errand car.

^^^^^^^^^. What he said. My prior two GT3s had LWBS. I found that while I thought they were comfortable, I drove the car less. Partly because I didn't want the hassle of getting in and out and often because my passengers ( wife and Daughter) hated getting in and out of them and preferred the BMW. . My T has the 18 way and I love them. Comfortable getting in and out for everyone and the result is I drive it all the time.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:58 AM
Grantsfo
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 81 Posts

I think it really depends on individual and how you use the car. I ordered my T with LWB. I enjoy them for most driving. They do get a bit uncomfortable for some after about hour and half of driving. They are less comfortable for my wife and she has hard time getting in and out of seats. As a taller guy I have no issues getting in or out of seats as I can swing my legs outside car onto ground and stand up easily. I think shorter people may have some issues with graceful exit.

I wanted rear seat delete and LWB was on option. . If I could have done sports with factory rear seat delete like cars in uk it would have been tougher decision. Still love LWB. We also have 981 Boxster S with really comfy seats for long trips . 911 is more of my weekend fun car .

One other consideration with LWB is area behind seats essentially becomes useless fo daily use.
Old 02-10-2019, 12:07 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Cool

Originally Posted by slvr993
^^^^^^^^^. What he said. My prior two GT3s had LWBS. I found that while I thought they were comfortable, I drove the car less. Partly because I didn't want the hassle of getting in and out and often because my passengers ( wife and Daughter) hated getting in and out of them and preferred the BMW. . My T has the 18 way and I love them. Comfortable getting in and out for everyone and the result is I drive it all the time.
Originally Posted by Grantsfo
I think it really depends on individual and how you use the car. I ordered my T with LWB. I enjoy them for most driving. They do get a bit uncomfortable for some after about hour and half of driving. They are less comfortable for my wife and she has hard time getting in and out of seats. As a taller guy I have no issues getting in or out of seats as I can swing my legs outside car onto ground and stand up easily. I think shorter people may have some issues with graceful exit.

I wanted rear seat delete and LWB was on option. . If I could have done sports with factory rear seat delete like cars in uk it would have been tougher decision. Still love LWB. We also have 981 Boxster S with really comfy seats for long trips . 911 is more of my weekend fun car .

One other consideration with LWB is area behind seats essentially becomes useless fo daily use.
Yes - good data guys. I think the consensus is distiiling down to a simple decision of:

A) Daily Driver, people hauler, and like access to the back? Go with the HIGHLY acclaimed 4WSS+

B) Weekend canyon carver, solo drivers car? LWBS 100%

(Then of course one can thrown caution to the wind and go with your heart and go LWBS 'cause their sooooo GT and cool! And they LOOK great!)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Carrera T LWB reviews