Painted calipers... poser-ish or ok? - Page 6 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
991
Sponsored by:

Painted calipers... poser-ish or ok?

 
Old 02-11-2019, 12:13 AM
  #76  
Bob Z.
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Bob Z.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Marineland FL
Posts: 1,911
Default

One can choose from a couple colors on the new generation (sorry, I refuse to even type it).
Bob Z. is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 03:52 PM
  #77  
911boy
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,210
Default

Originally Posted by TXC2 View Post
I was thinking about getting my calipers painted as well. So my vote is to go for it!

Just wondering where the best place to get this kind of work done.
I had mine done through my dealer so that I knew they were re-assembled properly.

Originally Posted by CCDD View Post
Keep in mind the calipers on the base car are considerably smaller therefore, you may not care for the outcome.
I really don't get this? Mine look awesome.
911boy is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 03:53 PM
  #78  
SeeForce
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 161
Default

Originally Posted by 911boy View Post
I had mine done through my dealer so that I knew they were re-assembled properly.


I really don't get this? Mine look awesome.
Im with you on the caliper size. they dont seems considerably smaller to me either.
SeeForce is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 04:14 PM
  #79  
ahung
User
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Posts: 13
Default


Same here. My Porsche dealership powdercoated my calipers with my color choice before I took delivery. Their Motorsport division did the work and recommended powdercoating over paint. I am very pleased with their work and the final product.
ahung is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 08:47 PM
  #80  
Nifty911
User
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 38
Default

Here's a few of my first attempt with yellow. This was consistent until the day I traded, about two years and 35k miles later. .




Nifty911 is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 08:51 PM
  #81  
Bob Z.
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Bob Z.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Marineland FL
Posts: 1,911
Default

Nice, what kind of paint? Anything special?
Bob Z. is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 08:59 PM
  #82  
Nifty911
User
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 38
Default

I used the Duplicolor spray.

The trick is getting them as clean as possible first. I applied maybe 3 coats, one each hour or something.
Nifty911 is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 12:33 PM
  #83  
Guards_Red_991
User
 
Guards_Red_991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 186
Default

Take the calipers off, 90% of the project's success is prep... Clean, sand, clean, sand, and when you think they are clean enough, clean again. The other 10% is how good you are with a spray.
Guards_Red_991 is offline  
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: