991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The odd track day, or "When 370 is enough Pt 2"

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2019 | 01:25 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Camber on the T was -1 front, -1.9 rear stock. Had it measured when I corrected my delivery alignment (which was off, front L was -.7 and it was pulling left when I picked it up).
Old 02-08-2019 | 02:55 PM
S S
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Rennolazine
Camber on the T was -1 front, -1.9 rear stock. Had it measured when I corrected my delivery alignment (which was off, front L was -.7 and it was pulling left when I picked it up).
Thanks! You didn't happen to get the stock Toe measurements for the F and R did you?

S
Old 02-08-2019 | 03:32 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Rear toe values were 0.15 and 0.18. We didnt mess with those due to the rear axle steering (would take forever to fix).
Cant find numbers for front toe, but my front alignment was out of whack anyway
Old 02-08-2019 | 03:45 PM
S S
Burning Brakes

Rear toe values were 0.15 and 0.18. We didnt mess with those due to the rear axle steering (would take forever to fix).
Thanks, dude. RAS on mine as well, so I get not wanting to mess...

Think I am going to try 1.5 deg F & R Cam, 0 Toe F, and either stick with .15 or bump to .25 Toe R and see if there is any real difference when I re-align. Appreciate it.

S
Old 02-08-2019 | 03:51 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by S S
Thanks, dude. RAS on mine as well, so I get not wanting to mess...

Think I am going to try 1.5 deg F & R Cam, 0 Toe F, and either stick with .15 or bump to .25 Toe R and see if there is any real difference when I re-align. Appreciate it.

S
For sure, keep us posted. I bet its gonna corner better
Old 02-09-2019 | 01:13 AM
groundhog
Race Car

Sounds like your car on delivery was a bit out of wack

rear toe should be (L) 0.1+/-0.05 (R) 0.1+/-0.05 (tot) 0.2+/-0.1

You rear toe total is 0.33 which is out of spec. I don't have a camber spec for a T but -1.9 seems very high for a road car and would cause rapid wear - my strong suspicion (but don't actually know) is given the -1 up front, the camber at the rear should be similar to the GTS e.g ~ -1.5
Old 02-09-2019 | 01:39 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by groundhog
Sounds like your car on delivery was a bit out of wack

rear toe should be (L) 0.1+/-0.05 (R) 0.1+/-0.05 (tot) 0.2+/-0.1

You rear toe total is 0.33 which is out of spec. I don't have a camber spec for a T but -1.9 seems very high for a road car and would cause rapid wear - my strong suspicion (but don't actually know) is given the -1 up front, the camber at the rear should be similar to the GTS e.g ~ -1.5
U could be right, I have no idea what spec is on the T just know how mine came. If there are other T owners that measured it soon after delivery that would be helpful
Old 02-09-2019 | 10:23 AM
911-TOUR
Rennlist Member

When I'm in for my 1 year service in late Feb, I'll check with the dealer. My car was misaligned on delivery as well and had to be corrected - but I don't think I ever wrote down the numbers.
Old 02-13-2019 | 04:11 PM
Porsche911dream
AutoX

Wonderful write-up . I know you mentioned in this thread (or the 992 thread) that it was apparent to you Webber was on a different level .
Could you elaborate what you noticed in particular that made you think that way ?
Ofcourse he almost won the F1 championship so it is to be expected but I am curious to hear your thoughts .
Thanks !
Old 02-13-2019 | 04:33 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Porsche911dream
Wonderful write-up . I know you mentioned in this thread (or the 992 thread) that it was apparent to you Webber was on a different level .
Could you elaborate what you noticed in particular that made you think that way ?
Ofcourse he almost won the F1 championship so it is to be expected but I am curious to hear your thoughts .
Thanks !
I can't remember subtler speed in a driver quite like that. It didn't feel fast in the right seat, but I could tell it was when I thought about it. Also, zero fear factor in the right seat, which isn't always the case even with the pros (just as it isn't with the "ams"). And, standing on pit lane, having just driven the track myself and having watched 20-30 drivers and instructors drive the track, some of them quick by normal standards, Webber kept showing up in his chosen C4S w/PCCB (what he ordered) sooner/farther along on than I expected whenever I saw him emerge. It was also subtle, but uncanny.

Also down to earth and fun to speak with. Real deal car nut, and driver (which is, in some ways, different than a racer).
Old 02-13-2019 | 06:35 PM
Porsche911dream
AutoX

Originally Posted by stout
I can't remember subtler speed in a driver quite like that. It didn't feel fast in the right seat, but I could tell it was when I thought about it. Also, zero fear factor in the right seat, which isn't always the case even with the pros (just as it isn't with the "ams"). And, standing on pit lane, having just driven the track myself and having watched 20-30 drivers and instructors drive the track, some of them quick by normal standards, Webber kept showing up in his chosen C4S w/PCCB (what he ordered) sooner/farther along on than I expected whenever I saw him emerge. It was also subtle, but uncanny.

Also down to earth and fun to speak with. Real deal car nut, and driver (which is, in some ways, different than a racer).
Thanks for the reply.
That is quite the cool experience you got to chat and hang out with him . I'm jealous !

Quick Reply: The odd track day, or "When 370 is enough Pt 2"