Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for Carrera T allocation

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 10:17 AM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 235 Posts

Interesting that a few guys were able to grab allocations as production on the T has basically stopped. Only 3 cars have hit North America since my last production update.

Canada still sits at only 43 cars in 2019 and USA is now up to 583 for 2019.
Old 02-17-2019, 10:32 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,282 Likes on 593 Posts

Originally Posted by CamsPorsche
Interesting that a few guys were able to grab allocations as production on the T has basically stopped. Only 3 cars have hit North America since my last production update.

Canada still sits at only 43 cars in 2019 and USA is now up to 583 for 2019.
I know of one more that will be touching down in May.
Old 02-20-2019, 09:21 PM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 356 Likes on 214 Posts

Only 3 cars have hit North America since my last production update.
Wow...you can hear the 991 production screeching to a halt.
Old 02-20-2019, 10:12 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 462 Likes on 314 Posts

I'm not shopping for a 911 right now, but i recently have been looking at dealer inventories, as there seems to be some big changes going on with new dealership facilities coming online right now, and i have been curious as to how that affects 911 allocations to dealers, allocations which were already scarce.
The 911T has been a brilliant move by Porsche Marketing, with enough performance stuff to make it much more desirable than a Base 911 for people buying a 911 . ​​​​​​Right now, there seem to be a fair number of inventory 911Ts available, as well as somewhat plenty but fewer C4S. If wanting to order a 911T right now near the end of the 991.2 model production run, I would be taking a hard look at dealer 911T inventories. You might be able to save yourself some money and waiting time. But we 911 guys certainly do have our option druthers, so maybe that doesn't work for you guys looking for a 911T, if you can't find everything on a stocked 911T that you want.
Old 02-21-2019, 11:27 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PCA1983
I'm not shopping for a 911 right now, but i recently have been looking at dealer inventories, as there seems to be some big changes going on with new dealership facilities coming online right now, and i have been curious as to how that affects 911 allocations to dealers, allocations which were already scarce.
The 911T has been a brilliant move by Porsche Marketing, with enough performance stuff to make it much more desirable than a Base 911 for people buying a 911 . Right now, there seem to be a fair number of inventory 911Ts available, as well as somewhat plenty but fewer C4S. If wanting to order a 911T right now near the end of the 991.2 model production run, I would be taking a hard look at dealer 911T inventories. You might be able to save yourself some money and waiting time. But we 911 guys certainly do have our option druthers, so maybe that doesn't work for you guys looking for a 911T, if you can't find everything on a stocked 911T that you want.
I think you could be right. The problem I had with every T I looked at was that there wasn't the right combination of options. I just felt with THIS car, something that is a bit special, I wanted that "right" build for me. The T reminds me of the Gen-1 (987.2) Spyder where dealers were a little scared of them and spec'd them with sofa's and pdk's and full leather. Albeit those may be good options for some, the ethos of the car was one of extreme simplicity and basic functions. And to this day Spyders, spec'd with sofa's and PDKs stay on the lots the longest and command lesser prices that the ones with the MT and LWBS.
Old 02-21-2019, 03:00 PM
Bobby 911
Banned

delete - wrong thread
Old 02-21-2019, 03:14 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 667 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeus993
I think you could be right. The problem I had with every T I looked at was that there wasn't the right combination of options. I just felt with THIS car, something that is a bit special, I wanted that "right" build for me. The T reminds me of the Gen-1 (987.2) Spyder where dealers were a little scared of them and spec'd them with sofa's and pdk's and full leather. Albeit those may be good options for some, the ethos of the car was one of extreme simplicity and basic functions. And to this day Spyders, spec'd with sofa's and PDKs stay on the lots the longest and command lesser prices that the ones with the MT and LWBS.
I guess I don't see the comparison. There are few features of the Carrera that are truer to its tradition and ethos than the 2+2 setup. Indeed it is central to what has made the 911 iconic as without the 2+2 the Carrera would never have become known as the sportscar that does it all. If sofas, as you call them, came with backseats in the Spyder, I have a feeling they'd have been preferred to buckets, just as has proven to be the case with the Carrera T. As someone who has owned multiple GT cars, one of the main reasons I find the Carrera T so attractive is that it's a Carrera and not a GT or track-focused car.
Old 02-21-2019, 05:55 PM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 196 Likes on 116 Posts

I asked my dealer for a T allocation 11/17 and they really were unfamiliar with the car. After the automotive writers reviewed the T 11/12/1 '17/'18 with excellent reviews nobody really talked about them except the guys on RL. The low production/allocations numbers exacerbated the awareness issue. The dealers were left with allocations and little interest. That led to them ordering cars that missed the options that most T buyers wanted hence dealer cars that may now be sitting on lots. The enthusiastic's knew what to order. As usual these thoughts are IMO
Old 02-21-2019, 06:16 PM
Bobby 911
Banned

Originally Posted by white6speed
I asked my dealer for a T allocation 11/17 and they really were unfamiliar with the car. After the automotive writers reviewed the T 11/12/1 '17/'18 with excellent reviews nobody really talked about them except the guys on RL. The low production/allocations numbers exacerbated the awareness issue. The dealers were left with allocations and little interest. That led to them ordering cars that missed the options that most T buyers wanted hence dealer cars that may now be sitting on lots. The enthusiastic's knew what to order. As usual these thoughts are IMO
That’s interesting and I’m kinda surprised by it. The dealers I know have all been very aware of the T since it came out. It was pretty well advertised, including pairing it with the GT3 touring for some promotions. To not be familiar with it as a dealer is pretty lame.
Old 02-21-2019, 06:26 PM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 196 Likes on 116 Posts

My comments were really about the release of the car very early on. For such a great cheaper enthusiast's car some portion were ordered by dealers later with less desirable options.
Old 02-21-2019, 06:40 PM
Bobby 911
Banned

My comments were really about the release of the car very early on. For such a great cheaper enthusiast's car some portion were ordered by dealers later with less desirable options.
agree with you on that!
Old 02-21-2019, 08:34 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FORENN
I guess I don't see the comparison. There are few features of the Carrera that are truer to its tradition and ethos than the 2+2 setup. Indeed it is central to what has made the 911 iconic as without the 2+2 the Carrera would never have become known as the sportscar that does it all. If sofas, as you call them, came with backseats in the Spyder, I have a feeling they'd have been preferred to buckets, just as has proven to be the case with the Carrera T. As someone who has owned multiple GT cars, one of the main reasons I find the Carrera T so attractive is that it's a Carrera and not a GT or track-focused car.
You bring up a good point. I think many of us lust for the GT cars, and not that a Spyder is a true GT car or anything, but the Spyder, especially the Gen-1 is somewhat "hard core". It's a fun, ripping car but to drive it daily would tire me. We lust for them but maybe couldn't live with them. Thus the attraction to the Carrera T. My comparison is that the T is "more" of a drivers car than some - yes? Maybe? Maybe I'm trying to make my T into a "mini-GT" and skirt that line between a track-focused GT car and a daily driver touring car. There are a ton of 991.2 GT3's on the market right now, possibly from people who didn't really realize what they were buying. So respect, for your interest in the T.

Originally Posted by Bobby 911

It's interesting to get the viewpoint of the dealers. Whereas they can't keep the hard-core GT cars in stock, they seem to shy away from a stripper Carrera T. I'll ask my guy here in Vancouver.

That’s interesting and I’m kinda surprised by it. The dealers I know have all been very aware of the T since it came out. It was pretty well advertised, including pairing it with the GT3 touring for some promotions. To not be familiar with it as a dealer is pretty lame.
Very lame! And maybe it's too much of a boy-girl racer that's now what their client demographic wants. I'd be interesting to examine Porsche ownership by age. How many 30-40 year olds as shown in the Carrera T brochure and vids actually buy new Porsches Vs. older 50 - 60 year olds who ? And then there are cultural differences that I've witnessed here in Vancouver.

Old 02-22-2019, 09:46 AM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobby 911

The funny part is this...even my dealer who by all means knew what the car was about let their assistant manager spec a white one with Lightweight Rear Window delete, NO RAS, Glass sunroof and bloated with other options. That car has sat since November and is still for sale at $141k CDN.

This car and other bloated cars interest me because it gives a false impression that T's aren't selling. They are...just the better spec'd ones and I feel this will create future demand for well spec'd T's being a narrow bodied GT inspired car like the RS America was in 964 circles. I'll provide new highly detailed spec's on production to show you all what % of options were selected. Should have it posted this weekend...
Old 02-22-2019, 10:26 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 667 Likes on 328 Posts

The funny part is this...even my dealer who by all means knew what the car was about let their assistant manager spec a white one with Lightweight Rear Window delete, NO RAS, Glass sunroof and bloated with other options. That car has sat since November and is still for sale at $141k CDN.

This car and other bloated cars interest me because it gives a false impression that T's aren't selling. They are...just the better spec'd ones and I feel this will create future demand for well spec'd T's being a narrow bodied GT inspired car like the RS America was in 964 circles. I'll provide new highly detailed spec's on production to show you all what % of options were selected. Should have it posted this weekend...
I agree — well said.
Old 02-23-2019, 01:31 AM
3Series
Three Wheelin'

Received 113 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeus993
There are a ton of 991.2 GT3's on the market right now, possibly from people who didn't really realize what they were buying. So respect, for your interest in the T.
Porsche said they were going to increase GT car production so that’s why you see a ton of 991s on the market compared to previous generations. I’m pretty sure folks that buy GT3s know what they are buying.

Quick Reply: Looking for Carrera T allocation