Sponsored by:

Looking for Carrera T allocation

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 04:58 PM
BlackOptic
Burning Brakes

Received 546 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by CamsPorsche
I have access to all VIN's produced so far and I'm tempted to do some analysis to show how oddly bloated most Carrera T's are. Build one that follows the ethos of the Carrera T and you'll be fine. My $0.02
It would be a great analysis of these T's that sit in Dealer's lots... Many on the lot seem to miss the ethos of the T. (i.e. some combination of PDK, sunroof, sofas, loaded)...
Old 01-25-2019, 06:51 PM
seis-speed
Pro

Received 475 Likes on 216 Posts

Thank you for all the replies.

I have done Euro Delivery on my last three vehicles and it has become a large factor in me moving on to another vehicle.
Promised myself, I wouldn’t buy a “new” sports car without it.
So, I am going to try and get it, if possible.
If it does not work out, I will consider low/no option cars at the various dealers.
There are many options out there.

Being new to Rennlist, the amount of help and PM’s has been really cool.
Many Thanks!
This is a great forum.
Old 01-25-2019, 08:02 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by CamsPorsche
I get the European Delivery thing but man I have a feeling these Carrera T's will be in demand come a few years. Last of the narrow bodied GT-inspired cars, lower volumes than GT3's, cars that current GT3 owners are also buying...

The next Clubsport collectible?

If you can get your hands on a custom build this late in the game grab it and don't look back. I have access to all VIN's produced so far and I'm tempted to do some analysis to show how oddly bloated most Carrera T's are. Build one that follows the ethos of the Carrera T and you'll be fine. My $0.02
Agree completely, especially the sections in bold.
Old 01-25-2019, 08:11 PM
FORENN
Banned

Originally Posted by BlackOptic
It would be a great analysis of these T's that sit in Dealer's lots... Many on the lot seem to miss the ethos of the T. (i.e. some combination of PDK, sunroof, sofas, loaded)...
The sport seats are entirely in line with T ethos. Porsche even designed a special interior for the sport seats in the T. And it's a Carrera T. Carrera tradition is a 2+2 platform. Finally, the bucket seats are designed for track use and, unlike the GT# cars, the Carrera T is road-focused. If you got buckets, enjoy them (after having them in my GT4 and GT3, never again) but to lump the sports seats in with PDK, sunroof, and bloated builds simply misses the mark.
Old 02-08-2019, 02:06 PM
seis-speed
Pro

One more try.....

I know now they are building the T in March and possibly April....

Anyone, know a dealer that has an allocation?

Thanks!
Old 02-08-2019, 02:12 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,455 Likes on 2,359 Posts

Originally Posted by seis-speed
One more try.....

Thanks!
What state are you in? Send me PM.
Old 02-09-2019, 01:10 AM
ssiminou
Banned

Received 106 Likes on 70 Posts

One more try.....

Thanks!
PMd you SA info and email. Hopefully you can work something out!
Old 02-09-2019, 02:03 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,273 Likes on 586 Posts

One more try.....

Thanks!
I have a Feb 22, 2019 cut off, Allocation Month of 03.2019 build, with a estimated May 24th arrival. This must be on of the absolute last, correct?
Old 02-09-2019, 05:09 AM
FORENN
Banned

Originally Posted by Zeus993
I have a Feb 22, 2019 cut off, Allocation Month of 03.2019 build, with a estimated May 24th arrival. This must be on of the absolute last, correct?
Yes, congrats!
Old 02-11-2019, 09:51 PM
BA73
Racer

Received 238 Likes on 100 Posts

my lock date is also Feb 22. I emailed my SA for you this weekend OP, he replied today he checked within the dealer's "network" and he found zero builds left in the US.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:54 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,455 Likes on 2,359 Posts

Originally Posted by BA73
my lock date is also Feb 22. I emailed my SA for you this weekend OP, he replied today he checked within the dealer's "network" and he found zero builds left in the US.
And the same is probably true for most of the other variations as well...it's a sad time for 991 lovers.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:40 AM
seis-speed
Pro

Originally Posted by BA73
Thank you!
Old 02-12-2019, 11:48 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,273 Likes on 586 Posts

Originally Posted by FORENN

Yes, congrats!
Thank you!

t's an agaonizing time for me as...
1. I've decided on the colour and PCCBs, no sunroof etc... but...
2. RAS or not? It would appear for some that RAS is NOT part of the T-Ethos... What's the weight of this, anyone know?
3. LWBS or not? T-Ethos? I think it could go either way.

Arrggh! The count down is on!
Old 02-12-2019, 12:38 PM
6sigma
Rennlist Member

Received 490 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeus993
Thank you!

t's an agaonizing time for me as...
1. I've decided on the colour and PCCBs, no sunroof etc... but...
2. RAS or not? It would appear for some that RAS is NOT part of the T-Ethos... What's the weight of this, anyone know?
3. LWBS or not? T-Ethos? I think it could go either way.

Arrggh! The count down is on!
My opinion, so take it for what it's worth (not much) is that the T ethos is about simplicity. A throwback type of car, that is intended to be more fun than fast. A simpler, purer driving experience that maintains 911 daily-driver usability and tries to recall some of the character and flavor of old 911s. To me, adding PCCB, RAS, LWBS actually takes away some of that ethos - less is more, simpler is better, usability is important. Those options arguably make it a better/faster sports car, but in the direction of a GT car, which is not the T ethos. The T could be a mini-GT car with those options, but the added cost and complexity moves it pretty close to a GTS or even a used GT car of some sort. I think of the T inline with the Lotus philosophy - Simplify and add lightness.

I've read on here somewhere that RAS weighs 33lbs, and also 40 lbs, so I am assuming somewhere between 30-40 pounds. RAS adds weight and complexity, but also most say improves high speed handling and low-speed maneuverability (parking, u-turns, etc). Is RAS aligned with the T ethos? That depends on what you want the T to be.

LWBS look awesome but are they too much of a headache to use everyday? You lose the backseats and since they don't fold, you lose easy access to the back for storage. Again, I think it just depends on what you want out of the car and how you intend to use it.
Old 02-12-2019, 01:00 PM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 544 Likes on 235 Posts

I agree with Sigma's post above...the T allows spirited driving which most of us want anyway (weekends, occasional track day).

What I find funny is that many of us GT car owners scoffed at the car when it first arrived but man is it incredibly good. I spec'd mine with 4-ways as I wanted rear seat use for things and my kids when they drive with me. RAS was a no brainer as I like the steering performance it adds. I've always had a sunroof in my cars but loathe the all glass look so went with the std sunroof.

If you can grab an allocation you'll be incredibly lucky as I know Canada has sold out long ago.

Or start looking aggressively for a used one as the T demand seems to be up there for smartly equipped cars that aren't PDK or bloated by the dealers.

Quick Reply: Looking for Carrera T allocation