Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carrera T + more power = the perfect driver's car?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2019 | 09:11 AM
CarAholic
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by joshd
Oh man, OK. So this comes down to whether or not you want the open air driving experience of the Spyder or the rigidity of a complete car ;-)

I love convertibles and own one (M4 vert), so if you live in the right place and enjoy top down driving - which is a thrill - then you have your answer.

I can help you on the F430 choice ... I've always wanted one of those, just sell it to me at a discount for the great advice and be done with it ;-)
Yes it's going to be hard to let the F430 go but I know I can always get another one. I may go Spyder because I have been wanting to do euro delivery on something for a long time. Might come back to the T in a couple years when I have little ones running around. I look forward to hearing about your progress with the car though as I will be going that route when the time comes.
Old 01-26-2019 | 07:28 PM
joshd
Instructor

Dragy received! If anyone knows a good "private road" location in the San Jose/Bay Area, please let me know!! I don't care so much about 0-60, I'm really interested in the 60-130 times!
Old 01-26-2019 | 08:57 PM
TXGold
Rennlist Member

Dragy received! If anyone knows a good "private road" location in the San Jose/Bay Area, please let me know!! I don't care so much about 0-60, I'm really interested in the 60-130 times!
go out in the morning just before sunrise. Shouldn’t be much church traffic where you’re at haha. Find a slight downhill and or over pass to flat ground. Start at 45 in 3rd and let off at 135. Try about twenty or thirty pulls and see what you get. Have fun!
Old 01-27-2019 | 04:32 AM
joshd
Instructor

Originally Posted by TXGold
Try about twenty or thirty pulls and see what you get. Have fun!
I guess I'll need to do this near a gas station!!

Bad thing about this data is that it's going to show my slow granny shifting!
Old 01-27-2019 | 06:11 AM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Just wondering what folks think about the Litchfield treatment of the Carrera T?

Just Google ‘Litchfield Carrera T’ for three or four good reviews.

They are a tuner based here in Gloucestershire in the U.K.

Am considering their chassis/handling modifications. Then perhaps later their engine work, maybe with their Akrapovic or Remus exhaust mods.

https://drive-my.com/en/test-drive/i...ed-manual.html

Last edited by Wing Commander; 01-27-2019 at 06:15 AM. Reason: Link added
The following users liked this post:
Ukkid74 (09-02-2019)
Old 01-27-2019 | 10:31 AM
TXGold
Rennlist Member

I guess I'll need to do this near a gas station!!

Bad thing about this data is that it's going to show my slow granny shifting!
good morning! 3-4 shift is super easy
Old 01-27-2019 | 11:59 AM
Porsch
Banned

Originally Posted by Wing Commander
Just wondering what folks think about the Litchfield treatment of the Carrera T?

Am considering their chassis/handling modifications. Then perhaps later their engine work, maybe with their Akrapovic or Remus exhaust mods.

Reviews look great...any chance to get this in the USA?
Old 01-27-2019 | 12:06 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Originally Posted by Porsch
Reviews look great...any chance to get this in the USA?
Don’t see any reason why someone in the US couldn’t replicate what Litchfield do...
Old 01-27-2019 | 01:44 PM
G99x.y
Pro

The Litchfield T suspensions changes sound like exactly what I’d like. Unfortunately they don’t sell in the US.
Old 01-27-2019 | 02:41 PM
spdracerut
Three Wheelin'

Don’t see any reason why someone in the US couldn’t replicate what Litchfield do...
Exactly, there's nothing that isn't bolt-on that Litchfield did. Engine mods are just: headers, high flow cats, muffler, and tune. The suspension is a slight drop, slightly stiffer, and I think they added 10mm spacers to increase the front track? Oh yeah, a short shifter.
Old 01-27-2019 | 03:01 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Originally Posted by G99x.y
The Litchfield T suspensions changes sound like exactly what I’d like. Unfortunately they don’t sell in the US.
Am likely to book in with Litchfield after my T is back on its summer wheels/tyres.

New shorter, stiffer KW springs. Drops car 20mm at front and 10mm at rear, so similar to GT3 ride height I’m thinking. 7mm spacers all around. Solid bushes.
Old 01-27-2019 | 10:57 PM
TXGold
Rennlist Member

How did you you do JoshD? Any 60-130 pulls you can share?
Old 01-28-2019 | 12:37 AM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

For the shifter feel go with a Numeric Racing Shifter with Shifter cables. I did their shifter along with a Function First Transmission mount and metal ****. This made the shifting A LOT more solid in my 7sp 991.1 S. I assume our transmissions are similar. The cables just came out for the 991 and that will be my next upgrade. Between those bits, you should get the shifter feel you want. Also I got the FF transmission mount. I went with their softest one which gives a touch more support, but makes t he drivetrain feel a lot more solid and responsive. If you are ever in San Francisco, let me know. Happy to let you take a quick drive to get the feel of the shifter and transmission mount.
Old 01-28-2019 | 03:08 PM
G99x.y
Pro

Which bushings are you thinking of using? Is the benefit more direct steering - or something else.

Who are you going to use for these changes?
Old 01-28-2019 | 03:13 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Originally Posted by G99x.y
Which bushings are you thinking of using? Is benefit more direct steering - or something else.

Who are going to use for these changes?

I'm happy with the height right now.
Hi. If that question was directed at me, I’ll be getting Litchfield here in the UK to do the work. I’ll post more detail tomorrow in a separate thread.

Quick Reply: Carrera T + more power = the perfect driver's car?