Swap 2014 Sport design wheel with Alcantara Wheel

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 12:22 PM
casaforte9
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Swap 2014 Sport design wheel with Alcantara Wheel

Hello,
On a 2014 c4s pdk car with Sport Chrono and sport design wheel that i am getting, i have the non heated leather Sport design wheel with paddles . I am thinking of swapping it with 991.1 Alcantara Sport design wheel with paddles as getting a heated wheel seems complicated on a 991.1 car. Suncoast has the 991.1 wheel it for $1095 and i guess i can use the existing airbag

I tried the Alcantara wheel on a new GTS coupe and it felt great in hands and i am assuming heating is not required as Alcantara wheel does not get too hot or cold . I quickly wipe down my steering wheel every other day so i am ok with the maintenance and assuming it will stay soft and nice with regular cleaning

What do you guys think of no heat on Alcantara wheel?

Old 01-09-2019, 12:02 AM
windblow
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by casaforte9
Hello,
On a 2014 c4s pdk car with Sport Chrono and sport design wheel that i am getting, i have the non heated leather Sport design wheel with paddles . I am thinking of swapping it with 991.1 Alcantara Sport design wheel with paddles as getting a heated wheel seems complicated on a 991.1 car. Suncoast has the 991.1 wheel it for $1095 and i guess i can use the existing airbag

I tried the Alcantara wheel on a new GTS coupe and it felt great in hands and i am assuming heating is not required as Alcantara wheel does not get too hot or cold . I quickly wipe down my steering wheel every other day so i am ok with the maintenance and assuming it will stay soft and nice with regular cleaning

What do you guys think of no heat on Alcantara wheel?
If you're going to swap for the 991.1 alcantara sport design steering wheel, I have an oem one to sell, used less than 100 miles and in perfect condition. I decided to put back my espresso leather sport design wheel to match my espresso interior after a try-out. PM me for pictures/price if you're interested.

Quick Reply: Swap 2014 Sport design wheel with Alcantara Wheel