Sponsored by:

Headers/cats Fabspeed vs aFe Power

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 11:58 AM
ECM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Headers/cats Fabspeed vs aFe Power

I’m considering high flow headers and cats for my 991. Both Fabspeed and aFe Power make headers with high flow cats.

Looking at the Dyno charts, Fabspeed headers increase the torque curve below 3.5k rpm with peak torque around 3k. aFe power headers, on the other hand, have longer pipes and are tuned differently, peaking at a little over 4k rpm with a milder curve below that.

My 991 is a daily driver with mainly highway driving. I’d like a bit better highway acceleration when passing. Which set of headers would best fit my needs?
Old 01-08-2019, 12:02 PM
garfunkle
Banned

Received 1,150 Likes on 630 Posts

Fabspeed is a sponsor here.

I did a LOT of research and testing. FVD is the way to go for most people. If you're tracking and want more top end go with Cargraphic. Quality matter much more on headers due to the extreme heat than on a catback. I'm not saying you will have problems with others but do your diligence not only on products but also customer support.
Old 01-09-2019, 10:30 AM
ECM
Advanced

Thanks, I’ll have a look at the FVD headers.

They’re more expensive than the other options, but they look well made.
Old 01-09-2019, 10:42 AM
garfunkle
Banned

Received 1,150 Likes on 630 Posts

Originally Posted by ECM
Thanks, I’ll have a look at the FVD headers.

They’re more expensive than the other options, but they look well made.
They are made by the same company that makes exhausts for the RSR cars and the quality and design is worth it.

The start becoming a huge value when you buy the combo with BMC filters and a tune. The tune really livens up the car and adds quite a bit of mid range while removing the dip around 4K when the cam opens.
Old 01-09-2019, 01:58 PM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 689 Likes on 438 Posts

Originally Posted by ECM
I’m considering high flow headers and cats for my 991. Both Fabspeed and aFe Power make headers with high flow cats.

Looking at the Dyno charts, Fabspeed headers increase the torque curve below 3.5k rpm with peak torque around 3k. aFe power headers, on the other hand, have longer pipes and are tuned differently, peaking at a little over 4k rpm with a milder curve below that.

My 991 is a daily driver with mainly highway driving. I’d like a bit better highway acceleration when passing. Which set of headers would best fit my needs?
Originally Posted by garfunkle
Fabspeed is a sponsor here.

I did a LOT of research and testing. FVD is the way to go for most people. If you're tracking and want more top end go with Cargraphic. Quality matter much more on headers due to the extreme heat than on a catback. I'm not saying you will have problems with others but do your diligence not only on products but also customer support.

Hey guys, Scott from Fabspeed here, wanted to jump in here we developed the 991 headers with the high flow cats back in 2012. We use nothing but the best HJS 200 Cell High Flow catalytic cells in our sport cats, where we guarantee no check engine light. We hand weld these headers for your order and put them through rigorous quality control. I would love to answer any questions you may have regarding the products!!

Little ear candy!! >>>
<<<

Old 01-09-2019, 08:47 PM
erko1905
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by garfunkle

They are made by the same company that makes exhausts for the RSR cars and the quality and design is worth it.

The start becoming a huge value when you buy the combo with BMC filters and a tune. The tune really livens up the car and adds quite a bit of mid range while removing the dip around 4K when the cam opens.
R_Rated ?
Old 01-09-2019, 09:53 PM
MSGT4
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’m selling Cargraphic headers if you’re in the market
Old 01-09-2019, 09:58 PM
ECM
Advanced

Originally Posted by MSGT4
I’m selling Cargraphic headers if you’re in the market
With or without cats? Price?
Old 01-10-2019, 10:49 PM
Dom991.1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by ECM
With or without cats? Price?
His did have cats, I discussed them with him. They were also ceramic coated - which is important to some. Sounds like he had a buyer lined up for more than I was willing to spend so I imagine the transaction is complete.

Quick Reply: Headers/cats Fabspeed vs aFe Power