Sponsored by:

GTS vs GT3

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2019, 08:45 PM
Dr Chill
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by KM1959
I previously had a TT and the only time I smiled when driving was during hard acceleration - which I seemed to do more than I should. An underlying fear of arrest is one of the reasons I sold it.
The TT definitely brought a huge smile to my face when my wife went absolutely bat sh*t after I used traction control at a stop light. This car simply begs to be driven very fast and dart around the highway. I told my adult son I'm afraid it will cause me to lose my license. He seems to want me to always take this car too.

To the OP, buy whichever talks to you when you drive it. You'll know.

Last edited by Dr Chill; 01-12-2019 at 11:56 PM.
Old 01-13-2019, 12:09 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by groundhog
kids love rides in Porsche sports cars - I don't think they distinguish between a base Carrera, GT3 or a GTS. The back seats work well in this respect.
You did not know me as a kid.
Old 01-13-2019, 12:22 PM
KM1959
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ryandarr1979

I know what the GT3 is about and have driven both the GT3 and GTS extensively on and off track while you take your’s to drop your kid off at kindercare. Your entire comment is fluff and entirely not helpful for OP. No offense but what your 5 year old thinks about your car or mine doesn’t matter to anyone but you and him. I certainly don’t care what he thinks and I can’t imagine OP cares either. Your kid is happy driving around a battery powered big wheels. Does he give you stock tips too?
Thanks!. For years I have met so many interesting and cool Porsche owners yet wondered who was the impetus for all those Porsche-owner jokes.
Old 01-13-2019, 12:27 PM
4pipes
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Old 01-13-2019, 03:34 PM
ryandarr1979
Three Wheelin'

Received 835 Likes on 417 Posts

Originally Posted by KM1959
Thanks!. For years I have met so many interesting and cool Porsche owners yet wondered who was the impetus for all those Porsche-owner jokes.
Please. You fit the stereotype better than anyone with your bull**** comment about your Ferrari and 5 year old. Go reread what you typed. You’re the stereotype. BTW you’re welcome.
Old 01-14-2019, 08:57 AM
garfunkle
Banned

Received 1,146 Likes on 629 Posts

My daughter can tell...

Funny story. All she wanted for Christmas was an Xbox so she got one. She cried she was so excited and she is a very grateful kid. Her favorite game is Forza. We play together and its actually good bonding time although not as great as old fashioned board games. Stay with me... headed to "Stuttgart Sat" at the Porsche dealer this weekend and she was much more interested in the cars she saw on the game. We also talked a lot about the mods on the cars, wings and even the Carbon fiber wheels on a 991TTS exclusive. She has a basic understanding in theory of what the performance goodies do since she plays with this on the game. Was the best daddy-daughter car gathering yet because of her engaged interest stemming from that game.
Old 01-14-2019, 09:02 AM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 709 Likes on 322 Posts

Originally Posted by garfunkle
My daughter can tell...

Funny story. All she wanted for Christmas was an Xbox so she got one. She cried she was so excited and she is a very grateful kid. Her favorite game is Forza. We play together and its actually good bonding time although not as great as old fashioned board games. Stay with me... headed to "Stuttgart Sat" at the Porsche dealer this weekend and she was much more interested in the cars she saw on the game. We also talked a lot about the mods on the cars, wings and even the Carbon fiber wheels on a 991TTS exclusive. She has a basic understanding in theory of what the performance goodies do since she plays with this on the game. Was the best daddy-daughter car gathering yet because of her engaged interest stemming from that game.
My daughter knows all about cars because of that game. Forza creates car enthusiasts out of kids so I'm all for it.
Old 01-14-2019, 09:21 AM
garfunkle
Banned

Received 1,146 Likes on 629 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy M
My daughter knows all about cars because of that game. Forza creates car enthusiasts out of kids so I'm all for it.
My fear is when all the electric cars in the game become so much better haha.

Quick Reply: GTS vs GT3