Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What can you live without? Removing features.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2019 | 08:16 AM
LexVan
Banned

Even I'll admit, my leather fuse box covers are a bit over-the-top and unnecessary. But, before every drive, when I check my fuses, it’s pure joy to handle the covers, see the fine stitching, and leather coach work.
Old 01-08-2019 | 09:43 AM
Steven C.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LexVan
Even I'll admit, my leather fuse box covers are a bit over-the-top and unnecessary. But, before every drive, when I check my fuses, it’s pure joy to handle the covers, see the fine stitching, and leather coach work.
I'm unseriously jealous
Old 01-08-2019 | 09:52 AM
LexVan
Banned

Originally Posted by Steven C.
I'm unseriously jealous

Old 01-08-2019 | 09:56 AM
usccharles
Pro

Headlight washer nozzles.
i've had my car for over a year and yet to use and don't even know how to engage headlight washer nozzles. what a waste
Old 01-08-2019 | 09:56 AM
Steven C.
Rennlist Member

LOL And I was warned before I bought the 991. BFD was my response and so here we are..........
Old 01-08-2019 | 10:01 AM
LexVan
Banned

Originally Posted by usccharles
i've had my car for over a year and yet to use and don't even know how to engage headlight washer nozzles. what a waste
Hey Charles, I forge the EXACT wording, but they do self engauge, like every 5th time you wash the windsheild, as long as you don't cycle off the wipers. Or something crazy like that. Of course, there is the manual button on the staulk, too.
Old 01-08-2019 | 10:06 AM
usccharles
Pro

Hey Charles, I forge the EXACT wording, but they do self engauge, like every 5th time you wash the windsheild, as long as you don't cycle off the wipers. Or something crazy like that. Of course, there is the manual button on the staulk, too.
was that even an option? i don't even remember anymore. if i can do it again i would have removed it for sure. knowing me i would have for sure optioned out of them so i am assuming this option could not have been be optioned out... i know there is a manual button to engage the washer but i like to pretend my car is pristine clean even when its raining so i've never pushed it lol

but i didn't know it auto engages every 5th wash...
Old 01-08-2019 | 10:34 AM
Jim M.
Rennlist Member

My car was CPO so I didn't get to chose anything, but I could easily do without ACC, Voice control, the wart, headlight washers, and folding mirrors. I believe headlight washers were an option in Europe, so if I ever have to replace my bumper cap, I will get the European part.
Old 01-08-2019 | 10:36 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Just contact Eric at Bumperplugs to get a painted washer nozzle cover to match so it does not stand out as much.
Old 01-08-2019 | 10:56 AM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

I agree with all these...luckily I have a .1 with a real key and not that damn silly start button. I own 3 cars right now all with real keys and I literally am dissuaded from getting new ones due to the stupid stop start button. A secondary starting device is stupid and useless. This alone may be why the .1 cars will be valuable in 20 years,"oh look it even has a real key not tied to your phone or some other useless button how quaint".

Electric Hand brake. Swap for a manual "a la 997"
Hill assist "hold" feature
Although we can all turn it off I still would get rid of the auto start/stop feature
Old 01-08-2019 | 11:07 AM
Jim M.
Rennlist Member

Just contact Eric at Bumperplugs to get a painted washer nozzle cover to match so it does not stand out as much.
Great idea, thanks!
Old 01-08-2019 | 01:51 PM
Skwerl
Rennlist Member

When it comes to options/tech/creature comforts, anything developed after ca. 1995 is more than I need or want. I'd even prefer manual seats.

I appreciate PASM and traction/stability management (and obviously modern safety, tires, engine improvements, etc.), but otherwise, I could easily do without all of the gizmos and automated doodads from the last 20 years.
Old 01-08-2019 | 02:41 PM
Jim991
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Bud Taylor
I agree with all these...luckily I have a .1 with a real key and not that damn silly start button. I own 3 cars right now all with real keys and I literally am dissuaded from getting new ones due to the stupid stop start button. A secondary starting device is stupid and useless. This alone may be why the .1 cars will be valuable in 20 years,"oh look it even has a real key not tied to your phone or some other useless button how quaint".

Electric Hand brake. Swap for a manual "a la 997"
Hill assist "hold" feature
Although we can all turn it off I still would get rid of the auto start/stop feature
MB start button is removable. When the button is out you insert the “key” and turn to start. I like the button but it’s very simple to give the driver the option.
Old 01-08-2019 | 09:39 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

But can you live without them?

Don’t get me wrong, if Leather to Sampme were not 40k on a GT3, or if espresso were available, I would tick almost everything leather except the steering column casing (find it looks too bulky and the stitch on top distracting). I am a huge fan of the door/dash/console and leather vents especially.
Old 01-08-2019 | 09:59 PM
V999
Rennlist Member

I am awaiting a GTS which, theoretically, gets built starting 1/11. So at the moment, the only feature of the car that I'm certain I could live without is the price.

Quick Reply: What can you live without? Removing features.