Sponsored by:

New-to-me 991.1 C2S

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2018, 11:35 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,460 Likes on 2,361 Posts

Originally Posted by ChaosHokie
I wouldn't have run the plate either, but CarMax wouldn't let me drive it off the lot without the plate.
Yeah, ditch the front plate and if you need plugs get in touch with Eric at bumperplugs.com. When I lived in MD I worked in VA and got pulled over a few times for no front tag but they could not ticket me! And I never got pulled over in MD and they had the same requirement.
Old 12-06-2018, 11:57 PM
ChaosHokie
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Side markers ordered. Check.

Bumperplugs ordered. Check.

Learn how to park better. In progress.
Old 12-07-2018, 12:00 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,460 Likes on 2,361 Posts

Good job, and welcome! There is a wealth of information in this forum, and a few chuckles as well, so when you have some time just start reading page by page and you will be amazed at what you will find.
Old 12-07-2018, 05:00 PM
Dr. Ice
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

Beautiful car! I think it’s nicely equipped and looks to be in great condition. I bought my first 911 this past April and my appreciation for it grows every time I drive it! Congratulations
Old 12-07-2018, 05:18 PM
V999
Rennlist Member

Received 366 Likes on 220 Posts

I have road-rashed the crap out of my current car's aftermarket wheels, both winter and summer sets. The winters I did pulling into in my own driveway (I have a curb along the driver's side of part of my driveway). And I scraped the nose a little bit early on before I got used to the overhang (which is roughly the same as the 911). Doh!

Given that history, I actually debated my fitness to own a Porsche for a bit before submitting the order for one. I concluded that I'm unfit for it, but F it, I'm doing it anyway. I'm fine when I pay attention. It's those moments of inattention that get me every time. I'm going to be parking a foot from the curb and three feet from the front of all nose-in parking spaces for awhile.

Quick Reply: New-to-me 991.1 C2S