Sponsored by:

Porsche 911 - 991.2 Ventilted Seat Cleaning Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2018, 05:22 PM
V999
Rennlist Member

Received 334 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by StormRune
I don't think you need to worry either... in my case I think I "had" to do the toothpick trick twice in 3 years or so. One of those was from someone getting in with excess sunscreen on the back of their legs and it dried in the holes before I noticed it.
Appreciate the reassurance. I’m not really as worried as I made it sound.

Although I’ve now made a mental note to closely check all legs for sunscreen and bottled tanning gels or creams or whatever. Especially young female legs. Closely check. Especially up high where the legs come into contact with the seats.
Old 12-02-2018, 06:13 PM
Nm2far
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Monetthecat
I spec'd leather w/ ventilation over alcantara in my GTS and couldn't be happier. Once every 2-3 months a quick clean with Griot's 3-1 leather cleaning and no issues.
Concur. Use the 3-1spray onto a cloth and make sure not to heavy at that and no holes clogged with leather cleaner. I’m pretty **** about no eating in the car, clean cloths, nothing other than water to drink. Preventing clogged vent holes to the maximum degree possible is the best defense. Vacuum regularly. Have a portable, and a shop vac that can suck just about anything out of one the vent holes.

Quick Reply: Porsche 911 - 991.2 Ventilted Seat Cleaning Question