Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any of you near Pacific, MO that can check out a car ASAP?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 09:44 PM
Cuda911
Race Director

Received 441 Likes on 284 Posts

^^^ Yeah, but this site is not very far from St. Louis, so land is much cheaper for a used car operation. The text of his initial email is what really tips off the scam. He has his own delivery trucks that will deliver anywhere in the country for free? He will pick of the car after a week for free? Really????

Then, pushing for an immediate wire of the funds, poor communication, etc. I had to ask him in three separate emails where the car is located. Also, yesterday I took a look at the site via GoogleEarth. The image below is from Feb 24, 2018. Not one single car on the lot.

I also called their local police department and City Hall yesterday, and called the MO Department of Revenue (yes, I research the crap out of stuff). The police department and City both told me that the business is closed. The MO D of R said that the dealer's license is valid thru Dec. 31 of this year. A renewal application was submitted but was rejected by the agency. Still, I did want to at least have someone nearby see if there was any slim chance this could be a valid offering. Niez may still drop by tomorrow just for giggles. I would love to know if there is even one car there.

Old 11-30-2018, 09:51 PM
Cuda911
Race Director

Received 441 Likes on 284 Posts

Originally Posted by Mountain_Smith
The car in the photos looks like it's in Europe. The photo edit to mask the license plates match the wider profile of Euro plates, and the temperatures shown on the climate controls are in Celsius.
You guys are just too good at this stuff!!!!

Old 12-01-2018, 01:26 AM
sc532j
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Mountain_Smith
The car in the photos looks like it's in Europe. The photo edit to mask the license plates match the wider profile of Euro plates, and the temperatures shown on the climate controls are in Celsius.
Good catch! Specifically the Tesla on the site is from Sixt car sales in Europe. This is fun!
Old 12-18-2018, 08:27 AM
IMPorsche
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Hello all,
New member here, hunting for my 991 and came across this. You guys rocks! I was excited even though I knew it was too good to be true. The guy "Mike" was trying to get some $$ from me to "hold" the car, claimed he can send pic of title once he received my $$. Did anyone report this scam to the law enforcement?
Old 12-18-2018, 12:59 PM
snake eyes
Three Wheelin'

Received 358 Likes on 220 Posts

General rule of thumb if it is too good of a deal its fake..or the car has damage..

Quick Reply: Any of you near Pacific, MO that can check out a car ASAP?