Sponsored by:

Xzilon Ultimate Appearance Protection offer from dealership

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2018, 10:19 PM
saundebn
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Xzilon Ultimate Appearance Protection offer from dealership

As my car is closing in on its delivery, my dealership sent me information on the following offer in addition to offering a variety of PPF packages:

Xzilon Ultimate Appearance Protection: While the PPF will prevent rock chips, it does not cover the remaining exposed areas from environmental issues such as tree sap, bird droppings, UV exposure and general dirt and grime. The exterior sealant will provide you with 5 years of hassle free exterior maintenance. No waxing, just wash as normal and the paint will stay as glossy and shiny as the day you take delivery. This product was originally developed by Boeing for aeronautical application. Xzilon also covers the interior from any rips, stains, tears and odors for the next 5 years! Xzilon has designed a bundle for us that also includes cosmetic wheel refinishing (in the unfortunate event that you should get a little curb rash on any of the wheels) paint-less dent repair (for those unsightly parking lot dings) and windshield rock chip/crack repair up to 4”. Everything with Xzilon’s Ultimate Appearance Protection carries a $0 deductible and zero limits on coverage during your 5 years coverage. The cost is $1475.

Curious as to opinions regarding this offer.​​​​​​
Old 11-24-2018, 10:54 AM
okbarnett
Drifting

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

never heard of it. I dont buy any of the coating, waxing packages. I would find a great film shop and put a brand name film on the front of the car, and if you want to rub some protectant on the interior, shop for some good brands and rub it on yourself. I dont believe in wonder packages
Old 11-24-2018, 11:46 AM
saundebn
Instructor

I'm not actually planning to take this offer but I'm certainly curious if others are aware of such and have any experience with it. My basic plan is a Xpel or Suntek PPF (comparing two local competing installers) and then likely using a after-market ceramic product on my own (HydroSilex or similar).

I went online to check out Xzilon only discover their website that caters to car dealerships ... interesting to see how they market the solution and they even have videos on how to "professionally install" the coating. The installation is no more difficult than opening a wet-wipe and rubbing it on the car - really, this requires a professional?
Old 11-24-2018, 01:12 PM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 427 Likes on 306 Posts
Default skip the majic

Whale oil infused with monkey essence cover paint in plastic. Wax plastic.
Old 11-24-2018, 01:38 PM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Received 278 Likes on 184 Posts

$1,475 snake oil! In my younger years, I've purchased paint protection deals from stealerships but none of them turned out to be worth the paper the contract was written on. I'm sure with advancement in technology, these products have improved. My old man used to say, if you want it done right you have to "gitter done" yourself. Buy some good nano coating/paint protection or polymer sealant and DIY. Search the forum and you'll find lot's of info on this subject.
Old 11-24-2018, 03:46 PM
saundebn
Instructor

Back in the mid-70's and just out of college, I bought a miracle treatment (not from the dealer) for my Datsun 280Z ... it was a special paint "burnishing" technique that claimed to eliminate all of the pores that dirt could get into and thus would be easy to keep clean. That turned out to be a waste of hundreds of dollars as it wasn't clear that it was really improving the ease of washing the car and as eventually it actually resulted in weakening the paint surface leading to much of the original factory multi-layer top layer drying out and flaking off - mind you, it did take a number of years to get to this poor state and of course, the service provider had already gone out of business. Have never actually done any paint protection process for the many vehicles that I've had since until we finally chose to get PPF done on my wife's Tesla earlier this year.

For all of the cars that I've had since then, I've really never had many instances of significant paint chipping. The last car (the Mini) seemed to be the most vulnerable and really for that car, it was the windshield that took most of the hits and the front hood paint surface still looks great to this day (10 years).
Old 11-24-2018, 04:08 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,404 Likes on 2,513 Posts

Just say 'no'.
Old 11-24-2018, 04:08 PM
okbarnett
Drifting

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

xpel and sunteck are best, I have sunteck right now. Its the installer that makes it a great job or not. I sometimes put wax on the front end when Im going on a trip. nothing else necessary most of the time.
Old 11-24-2018, 06:31 PM
saundebn
Instructor

Originally Posted by LexVan
Just say 'no'.
Agreed
Old 11-24-2018, 06:34 PM
eagle1960
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 135 Posts

Ever hear of P. T. Barham of travelling circus fame? I think he's the guy who originally said "there's a sucker born every minute ". Made him millions with his side shows. Same deal here. This is nothing more than a major profit deal for the dealer .
Old 11-24-2018, 06:43 PM
Gordon Shumway
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Snake oil of the highest order. I had an SUV with that snake oil on it. I didn't buy, it was just already on there on a lot car. After one washing it felt like the vehicle needed to be clay barred and polished again.

Anyone that tries to tell you that any synthetic polymer will last 5 years is a charlatan.
Old 11-24-2018, 07:06 PM
eagle1960
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 135 Posts

Ever hear of P. T. Barham of travelling circus fame? I think he's the guy who originally said "there's a sucker born every minute ". Made him millions with his side shows. Same deal here. This is nothing more than a major profit deal for the dealer .
Old 11-25-2018, 03:17 PM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 289 Likes on 165 Posts

I always try to get the bottom line price established before going to the dealer for final p/u. You can just smile and decline all of these ridiculous things they offer in the finance managers office, saying politely ' the checks are already written'.

J
Old 11-25-2018, 03:29 PM
saundebn
Instructor

@96redLT4 Same approach that I'm taking ... I've already got the final car purchase contract in hand with final price, no dealer options added and I intend to simply have the check ready at delivery ... yikes, hard to fit that final number written out on the check I've asked that all dealer options be completely disclosed well prior to my delivery and the finance manager has already started to forward me all of the details.

My default going in is to politely decline the options unless I can establish ahead of time that something makes good financial sense. Of the offers likely to come, the one that might be of interest will be an extended maintenance contract but again this depends on if it is clear that the advanced payment likely saves money over paying for service as we go - in my case, only the one dealership within reasonable reach so not a competitive market.
Old 11-25-2018, 05:58 PM
orclean1
Pro

Received 95 Likes on 59 Posts

As everyone has said save your money and search out a Mobil PPF installer and you can't go wrong with Expel or Suntek

Quick Reply: Xzilon Ultimate Appearance Protection offer from dealership