Sponsored by:

Discounts on in-stock Carrera Ts?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 08:51 PM
Haliax
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 25 Posts

UPDATE 2:

Deal is all wrapped up and my deposit has been sent. Kevan at Park Place Porsche has been amazing to work with!

We agreed on a value for my Audi A6 and they will arrange for dropping off the new Carrera T and picking up my A6.

I love the internet!! Thanks for all your comments. I will post some photos when she is in my driveway.

Last edited by Haliax; 11-10-2018 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Mistake
Old 11-10-2018, 02:57 PM
Dkk16
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Haliax

Dkk16: did you get my email this morning?
just checked 😎
Old 11-10-2018, 03:02 PM
Dkk16
Racer

UPDATE 2:

Deal is all wrapped up and my deposit has been sent. Stevan at Park Place Porsche has been amazing to work with!

We agreed on a value for my Audi A6 and they will arrange for dropping off the new Carrera T and picking up my A6.

I love the internet!! Thanks for all your comments. I will post some photos when she is in my driveway.

Good for you!! When things settle down I would like to set down and talk about your long distance buying experience. We can let our cars hang out together ��

Michael-
I replied (lengthy, sorry) to your email. Not sure if it went thru. Please check. Dennis kelsprky@***.net

Last edited by Dkk16; 11-10-2018 at 04:33 PM.
Old 11-11-2018, 10:18 AM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by S S
I don’t disagree with most of your post, but since you used the “r” word, I’ll follow up on that. How do you define rare? Based on information I can find, there are 640 PCNA and PCL 991.2 Ts on the planet this morning. Given the amount of 991.2s produced, not even just 991, why do you say that? Does a car only need to be in the 100-300 produced range for you to define it as rare, or are you parroting the often used “no modern Porsche is rare” line? Just curious, as Porsche, IMO, does limit production on some models based on lack of demand, and those numbers wind up being much lower than many of the “classic” cars produced and still out there...S
There are 235 of my 991.2 model on the planet and honestly, it doesn't feel rare even tho i have only seen one other outside a dealer showroom, and that was at the Daytona Rolex 24. I had my dealer install the X51 so maybe it's sort of rare I got 20% off, brand new.
I will say this - the 991.2 is the best Porsche I've owned, and I've had 10 Porsches since 1970. I haven't met any 991.2 owner who doesn't think it's a great machine. Many like me were skeptical at first. But I'm sure glad I traded my 991.1 for this one. Better handling and better engine. That's why I drive a 991.2.
Old 11-11-2018, 11:27 AM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 887 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by PCA1983
There are 235 of my 991.2 model on the planet and honestly, it doesn't feel rare even tho i have only seen one other outside a dealer showroom, and that was at the Daytona Rolex 24. I had my dealer install the X51 so maybe it's sort of rare I got 20% off, brand new.
I will say this - the 991.2 is the best Porsche I've owned, and I've had 10 Porsches since 1970. I haven't met any 991.2 owner who doesn't think it's a great machine. Many like me were skeptical at first. But I'm sure glad I traded my 991.1 for this one. Better handling and better engine. That's why I drive a 991.2.
Or maybe because it was one of the 1,459 Carrera S 991s for PCNA or PCL in just the 2017 model year? Let alone the 5,570 all told as of today, for the entire 991 run. Any excuse to post up about your beloved CJC Option Code car though, right? I will use the "r" word and say yours definitely is, whether you feel that way or not. In the end, though, your car and the other 234 (although I am not claiming that number is correct, just parroting your provision) is really just a S with some bespoke livery and a selection of parts that were pretty much available on the option lists that year, right? Porsche built your cars via Exclusive, so that is pretty cool, but it is just another of the 991120 cars. And, counting down for your retort about the X51, etc etc. Thanks for your input, appreciated, but I was curious about the guy I responded to and why he wanted to bring the "r" word into it and how he defines it. Ultimately, you apparently believe yours is because you got such a great deal (-20%, brand new...). If that is what drives you, good for you on getting what you value!

These are amazing cars, no doubt about it...

S

Last edited by S S; 11-11-2018 at 12:17 PM.
Old 11-11-2018, 01:52 PM
Dkk16
Racer

Originally Posted by S S
Or maybe because it was one of the 1,459 Carrera S 991s for PCNA or PCL in just the 2017 model year? Let alone the 5,570 all told as of today, for the entire 991 run. Any excuse to post up about your beloved CJC Option Code car though, right? I will use the "r" word and say yours definitely is, whether you feel that way or not. In the end, though, your car and the other 234 (although I am not claiming that number is correct, just parroting your provision) is really just a S with some bespoke livery and a selection of parts that were pretty much available on the option lists that year, right? Porsche built your cars via Exclusive, so that is pretty cool, but it is just another of the 991120 cars. And, counting down for your retort about the X51, etc etc. Thanks for your input, appreciated, but I was curious about the guy I responded to and why he wanted to bring the "r" word into it and how he defines it. Ultimately, you apparently believe yours is because you got such a great deal (-20%, brand new...). If that is what drives you, good for you on getting what you value!

These are amazing cars, no doubt about it...

S
Curious, how do you find out how many of a certain model are allocated/manufactured?

I have a 2018 911 Carrera base & would like to know how many were produced with Agate Grey Metallic exterior & Agate Grey interior. I know I'm biased but I think that combination is stunning !
Old 11-11-2018, 01:57 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,364 Likes on 2,307 Posts

Search for the thread entitled "Numbers" for some information but you will not be able to get specific information based on colors, options, etc.
Old 11-11-2018, 02:26 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 170 Likes on 126 Posts

Hi everyone! After trolling this forum for the last year, I finally joined. After saving up for a long time, I am finally ready to buy my first Porsche.

I have decided the 911 Carrera T is the model I want and was wondering how much of a discount is realistic to expect on in-stock Ts sitting in dealers inventories.

The most I have been able to get right now is 5.5%, but I was hoping for 8% or more. I am in AZ and would likely have to go out of state to find the right T for my budget.

Will prices go down in December when the 992 is released? What is my best way to approach the dealers? Is email or phone call the best option?

Thanks for helping out a newbie!!

Cheers!
5.5% is as generous as Scottsdale gets. 992 prices will have no affect in december.
Old 11-11-2018, 03:05 PM
Haliax
Racer

[QUOTE=Psorcery;15424263]5.5% is as generous as Scottsdale gets. 992 prices will have no affect in december.[/QUOTE

Yes, I found out that the AZ dealers don’t discount very much. I ended up going with Park Place in Dallas and couldn’t be happier with how things worked out.

We need a 3rd Phoenix Porsche dealership, preferably in the west valley where I live.
Old 11-11-2018, 03:51 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Back to the "R" word. It buys you nothing in the 911 world today short of a GT3 or higher. Even with a GT3, its not that rare unless in a rare PTS color. Rare is not why most folks buy a 911. On the other hand, driving any 911 around much of America seems proof that all 911s are rare, compared to what the vast majority drive. The moral of the story - buy one you like and can afford, and enjoy! Most Americans will never experience anything like it.
Old 11-11-2018, 05:41 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 170 Likes on 126 Posts

[QUOTE=Haliax;15424334]
Originally Posted by Psorcery
5.5% is as generous as Scottsdale gets. 992 prices will have no affect in december.[/QUOTE

Yes, I found out that the AZ dealers don’t discount very much. I ended up going with Park Place in Dallas and couldn’t be happier with how things worked out.

We need a 3rd Phoenix Porsche dealership, preferably in the west valley where I live.
I agree. Chandler sales rules with an iron fist.

Scottsdale knows they can move any car at full MSRP so they don't really budge.. That's straight out of the salesman's mouth.

I ended up purchasing out of state too. Congrats to you!
Old 11-11-2018, 07:57 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,364 Likes on 2,307 Posts

If more weren't afraid of buying out of state the dealers that think they can get MSRP any day of the week would have no choice but to start giving something off.
Old 11-11-2018, 09:31 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 148 Posts

UPDATE 2:

Deal is all wrapped up and my deposit has been sent. Kevan at Park Place Porsche has been amazing to work with!

Great looking car. A year-around dd. Doesn’t get much better than that.
Old 11-11-2018, 10:16 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Congrats on your deal!
Just my opinion but I don't think anyone will regret grabbing one of these last 991.2s. Frankly I have not seen anything yet that indicates the 992 will be any better. I hope Porsche proves me wrong, but I haven't seen anything in the looks or specs of what is coming that makes me want a 992 more than a 991.2 And if history is any guide, the 992s will certainly be higher priced.
The only thing yet I've seen intriguing about the 992s is the possibility of electric turbos with regenerative braking on the turbos. Imagine a smaller displacement flat 6 with electric turbo and higher Hp ratings that can provide full boost from idle to redline, with no exhaust sound muffling and no exhaust back pressure. And then when you don't need the boost, it quickly puts that spinning turbo energy back into the battery. But it better not have the weight penalty of today's hybrids, or that hybrid 911 loses all its appeal to me.
Old 11-12-2018, 12:16 AM
Haliax
Racer

Originally Posted by PCA1983
Congrats on your deal!
Just my opinion but I don't think anyone will regret grabbing one of these last 991.2s. Frankly I have not seen anything yet that indicates the 992 will be any better. I hope Porsche proves me wrong, but I haven't seen anything in the looks or specs of what is coming that makes me want a 992 more than a 991.2 And if history is any guide, the 992s will certainly be higher priced.
The only thing yet I've seen intriguing about the 992s is the possibility of electric turbos with regenerative braking on the turbos. Imagine a smaller displacement flat 6 with electric turbo and higher Hp ratings that can provide full boost from idle to redline, with no exhaust sound muffling and no exhaust back pressure. And then when you don't need the boost, it quickly puts that spinning turbo energy back into the battery. But it better not have the weight penalty of today's hybrids, or that hybrid 911 loses all its appeal to me.
I totally agree about the 992. I hate the new look of the rear end with the exhaust tips integrated into the fender.

I also read that the exhaust tips won't even be functional: https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...11-992-preview

"In addition to the muscular rear haunches, there's also a new rear fascia that incorporates a light bar spanning the distance between the taillights (previously reserved for all-wheel-drive models), a lower-positioned license-plate mount, dividers that dress the intercooler air outlets, and exhausts that exit through the bumper rather than underneath it. These exhaust tips are not physically connected to the muffler exits, which allows them to be closer to the fascia—at the price of some authenticity. This disconnection also reduces repair costs in rear-end collisions, which apparently is important for German insurance premiums."

Also, there will be no more narrow-body 911s with the 992 generation. The T will carryover as a 992 T, but it will be a wide body.

So, I think this first generation narrow body Carrera T will be quite collectable and probably hold its value better than most of its siblings.

Quick Reply: Discounts on in-stock Carrera Ts?