Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discounts on in-stock Carrera Ts?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 03:01 AM
Haliax
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 25 Posts
Question Discounts on in-stock Carrera Ts?

Hi everyone! After trolling this forum for the last year, I finally joined. After saving up for a long time, I am finally ready to buy my first Porsche.

I have decided the 911 Carrera T is the model I want and was wondering how much of a discount is realistic to expect on in-stock Ts sitting in dealers inventories.

The most I have been able to get right now is 5.5%, but I was hoping for 8% or more. I am in AZ and would likely have to go out of state to find the right T for my budget.

Will prices go down in December when the 992 is released? What is my best way to approach the dealers? Is email or phone call the best option?

Thanks for helping out a newbie!!

Cheers!
Old 11-09-2018, 03:09 AM
_RS_
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 62 Posts

Welcome Haliax,
I'll be interested to hear the comments too, as I've seen the same two T's sitting in my local dealer showroom for two months or more, while other cars come and go.

Fact check - only the miami blue one now shows on their website
Old 11-09-2018, 03:22 AM
Haliax
Racer

Originally Posted by _RS_
Welcome Haliax,
I'll be interested to hear the comments too, as I've seen the same two T's sitting in my local dealer showroom for two months or more, while other cars come and go.

Fact check - only the miami blue one now shows on their website
Thanks _RS_!

I agree. Most of the Carrera Ts I am seeing have been on the dealer lot for 60-90 days already.

There doesn't seem to be much shortage of inventory.

Old 11-09-2018, 07:17 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 706 Likes on 425 Posts

5.5% is on the lower side for lot cars in general. Better deals are definitely possible in colder states when there is snow on the ground.
However, with the 992 coming out, lower than usual 991.2 inventory and allocations, and the “special model” dealers may play a little hardball.
I think if you stick to your guns you can get more than 5.5 off but you need to be prepared to walk away. At the end of the day if you find your perfect spec a couple grand isnt worth it imo, but everyone’s threshold is different and its a personal decision.
Old 11-09-2018, 07:49 AM
Freddie Two Bs
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 294 Posts

I wouldn't expect the reveal of the 992 to have a lot of cheapening impact on the 991T, given that it's a model with an old-school vibe, targeted to people who really understand Porsches.

Like they said you may want to take a look at the cars in the north - up here we're heading into five months of snow, ice, freezing cold and misery, so dealers might be more open to a deal.

Not sure what kind of build you're looking for, but Porsche of Danbury had a black one on their website, low option build but with bucket seats and if I remember right manual with no sunroof.
Old 11-09-2018, 08:21 AM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 309 Likes on 184 Posts

Keep in mind that while it may be 4 or 5 months away until the 992 launch models will show up, dealers are on the OTHER end of the marketing hype and are in business to sell rather than collect marketing gems. There is certainly nothing wrong with the T, (nothing rare either) but the buyer is in the drivers seat.
Old 11-09-2018, 08:25 AM
shammerman
Rennlist Member

Received 603 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckbdc
Keep in mind that while it may be 4 or 5 months away until the 992 launch models will show up, dealers are on the OTHER end of the marketing hype and are in business to sell rather than collect marketing gems. There is certainly nothing wrong with the T, (nothing rare either) but the buyer is in the drivers seat.
Saw my dealer last on Monday and they stated that 992 would not come out until very late in 2019 actually leaving a void similar to the Cayenne launch. There might be several months where 991.2 can no longer be ordered and 992 ordering is not yet available.

Last edited by shammerman; 11-09-2018 at 08:26 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-09-2018, 09:01 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Curious as well. Certainly on an 18, I would hope for a little better than 5.5%, but for a 19 I think that’s close to all the money off, especially if it is a low option build.
Old 11-09-2018, 09:03 AM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

The reason the Ts are sitting at dealers is because allocations are still available so ppl want custom orders like me over discounts or ppl want heavy discounts. If you want out of state my SA could get you more than 5.5% they have a yellow $125k spec

once allocations are gone and so few produced they wont be sitting around no more
Old 11-09-2018, 09:27 AM
groundhog
Race Car

Received 1,013 Likes on 644 Posts

Loads on lots push for 10% plus - new model out in short order 😀
Old 11-09-2018, 09:48 AM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 887 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckbdc
I don’t disagree with most of your post, but since you used the “r” word, I’ll follow up on that. How do you define rare? Based on information I can find, there are 640 PCNA and PCL 991.2 Ts on the planet this morning. Given the amount of 991.2s produced, not even just 991, why do you say that? Does a car only need to be in the 100-300 produced range for you to define it as rare, or are you parroting the often used “no modern Porsche is rare” line? Just curious, as Porsche, IMO, does limit production on some models based on lack of demand, and those numbers wind up being much lower than many of the “classic” cars produced and still out there...

S
Old 11-09-2018, 09:49 AM
CamsPorsche
Race Car

Received 385 Likes on 164 Posts

If you can get 5.5% off take it and run!

Up here in Canada there are a few new Ts on the floor but high spec cars which most enthuiasts don't want. My 911T was my dealers last and they are a corporate location (she's arrived here in Port... Halifax no less!).

I agree there will not be much 991.2 selection in the spring so remaining Ts will not be discounted as much.
Old 11-09-2018, 09:52 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

I'd hate to lose a car, that I lusted for, over 12 months, for 2.5%. You can always make more $.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:00 AM
nuge design
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talk to German_Saint (Nicholas) at Porsche Fresno. He'll hook you up. If their site is up to date, looks like they have a white, low option, PDK variant. They're good people. Highly recommended.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:02 AM
Haliax
Racer

Thanks for all the good advise everyone.

I’m definitely looking for a T with fewer options. My must haves are rear axle steering and manual transmission. I also would prefer 18 way seats and the Carrera T interior package (I love the striped SportTex seats!)

I have never sat in the LWBS, so I’m not sure how they would fit me. I’m a big guy (6’2” and 230 lbs) and this will be my daily driver. I’ve heard the main issue with the carbon buckets is getting out of them can be a pain. Plus, I’m forced to get the Alacantara steering wheel and shifter which I’m not a fan of.

I’m also partial to white and GT Silver for colors. Black is beautiful for the 20 minutes it’s clean after a wash, but the dust out here shows up immediately on black paint.

Any thoughts on the best way to negotiate with the dealer? Right now I have been trying to do it only be email so that I have everything in writing. But, I’m also having trouble with dealers not being responsive through email. Maybe over the phone would be better?

This one is pretty much my perfect build:

https://vinanalytics.com/car/WP0AA2A...9XJS106603.pdf

Has anyone ever dealt with Park Place Porsche in Dallas? I’m having a hard time communicating with them through email.

Quick Reply: Discounts on in-stock Carrera Ts?