Sponsored by:

Discounts on in-stock Carrera Ts?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 10:08 AM
Haliax
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by nuge design
Talk to German_Saint (Nicholas) at Porsche Fresno. He'll hook you up. If their site is up to date, looks like they have a white, low option, PDK variant. They're good people. Highly recommended.
I saw that one in Fresno but the PDK makes it a no go for me unfortunately. I definitely have heard the Porsche Fresno is a good dealership. I’ve seen many posts from their GM here in the forums.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:13 AM
Haliax
Racer

Originally Posted by LexVan
I'd hate to lose a car, that I lusted for, over 12 months, for 2.5%. You can always make more $.
I think you are right. It has been interesting testing the water with these dealers. First they say no discounts at all and then when I give them the cold shoulder for a few days they email me back with a small discount. I just have to have patience but the cash is burning a hole in my pocket!
Old 11-09-2018, 10:14 AM
nuge design
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd call 'em up... one never knows what they can dig up for you.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:20 AM
Haliax
Racer

What are everyone’s thoughts on the Carrera T in Miami Blue? My wife hates it and it does seem to scream “mid-life crisis”, but I think it looks beautiful with the Agate gray accents.

Also, it seems like I might be able to get a bigger discount because most people avoid that color?
Old 11-09-2018, 10:31 AM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nuge design
Talk to German_Saint (Nicholas) at Porsche Fresno. He'll hook you up. If their site is up to date, looks like they have a white, low option, PDK variant. They're good people. Highly recommended.

Originally Posted by Haliax
Thanks for all the good advise everyone.

I’m definitely looking for a T with fewer options. My must haves are rear axle steering and manual transmission. I also would prefer 18 way seats and the Carrera T interior package (I love the striped SportTex seats!)

I have never sat in the LWBS, so I’m not sure how they would fit me. I’m a big guy (6’2” and 230 lbs) and this will be my daily driver. I’ve heard the main issue with the carbon buckets is getting out of them can be a pain. Plus, I’m forced to get the Alacantara steering wheel and shifter which I’m not a fan of.

I’m also partial to white and GT Silver for colors. Black is beautiful for the 20 minutes it’s clean after a wash, but the dust out here shows up immediately on black paint.

Any thoughts on the best way to negotiate with the dealer? Right now I have been trying to do it only be email so that I have everything in writing. But, I’m also having trouble with dealers not being responsive through email. Maybe over the phone would be better?

This one is pretty much my perfect build:

https://vinanalytics.com/car/WP0AA2A...9XJS106603.pdf

Has anyone ever dealt with Park Place Porsche in Dallas? I’m having a hard time communicating with them through email.
s:

Seats: I think for a daily driver 18-ways are a great choice. Getting in and out of my current GT3 with lwbs is much more of a task vs my '16 that had 18-way. The 18-way are a tremendous seat. I do find the LWBS are the key to unlocking the true GT character of the vehicle and would think it really will enhance any Porsche driving experience. If you were going for collectibility on the long-term or slightly better resale with higher demand a lightly optioned car with buckets will probably yield the best resale # vs MSRP. However, that is just one factor and I would advise buying for resale reasons vs spec'ing a car you can truly maximize the enjoyment of getting behind the wheel.

My email is in my signature and I also answer my phone! Love to chat and see if we can locate/ build you a car.

Bests,
Nicholas
I saw that one in Fresno but the PDK makes it a no go for me unfortunately. I definitely have heard the Porsche Fresno is a good dealership. I’ve seen many posts from their GM here in the forums.
Yes, CJ has over 5,000 posts with many very in-depth. The deep dive threads and posts! Thanks for the kind words!
Old 11-09-2018, 10:36 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

My wife hates it
Ahhhhhh, happy wife, is happy life. What are you, some type of rookie?

Old 11-09-2018, 10:42 AM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This one is pretty much my perfect build:

https://vinanalytics.com/car/WP0AA2A...9XJS106603.pdf
Nice build. I'd add the $0 option of the smoking pkg to give you a power outlet instead of an open space on the console.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:48 AM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

What are everyone’s thoughts on the Carrera T in Miami Blue? My wife hates it and it does seem to scream “mid-life crisis”, but I think it looks beautiful with the Agate gray accents.

Also, it seems like I might be able to get a bigger discount because most people avoid that color?
thats what I ordered

Old 11-09-2018, 10:50 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,366 Likes on 2,309 Posts

Tell your wife that most of the time she will be inside and not see the exterior. If you like it get it and I am sure you can convince her - I love Miami Blue but then again I am biased.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:50 AM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Check these, the Yellow is a 125k build

Old 11-09-2018, 10:53 AM
Haliax
Racer

Originally Posted by LexVan
Ahhhhhh, happy wife, is happy life. What are you, some type of rookie?

I definitely believe that mantra!!

Old 11-09-2018, 10:57 AM
Haliax
Racer

Originally Posted by German_Saint

s:

Seats: I think for a daily driver 18-ways are a great choice. Getting in and out of my current GT3 with lwbs is much more of a task vs my '16 that had 18-way. The 18-way are a tremendous seat. I do find the LWBS are the key to unlocking the true GT character of the vehicle and would think it really will enhance any Porsche driving experience. If you were going for collectibility on the long-term or slightly better resale with higher demand a lightly optioned car with buckets will probably yield the best resale # vs MSRP. However, that is just one factor and I would advise buying for resale reasons vs spec'ing a car you can truly maximize the enjoyment of getting behind the wheel.

My email is in my signature and I also answer my phone! Love to chat and see if we can locate/ build you a car.

Bests,
Nicholas

Yes, CJ has over 5,000 posts with many very in-depth. The deep dive threads and posts! Thanks for the kind words!
Thanks Nicholas! I might reach out to you.
Old 11-09-2018, 11:05 AM
Haliax
Racer

Originally Posted by German_Saint
Nice build. I'd add the $0 option of the smoking pkg to give you a power outlet instead of an open space on the console.
It’s funny you mentioned that. I always see everyone getting the no-cost luggage net and smoking package but I hate the look of the luggage net (wife has it in her Mercedes SUV). And I actually like the idea of having the open cubby in the center console. I haven’t tried to fit my cellphone in it yet though.
Old 11-09-2018, 11:23 AM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by S S
I don’t disagree with most of your post, but since you used the “r” word, I’ll follow up on that. How do you define rare? Based on information I can find, there are 640 PCNA and PCL 991.2 Ts on the planet this morning. Given the amount of 991.2s produced, not even just 991, why do you say that? Does a car only need to be in the 100-300 produced range for you to define it as rare, or are you parroting the often used “no modern Porsche is rare” line? Just curious, as Porsche, IMO, does limit production on some models based on lack of demand, and those numbers wind up being much lower than many of the “classic” cars produced and still out there...

S
Nice response for the many that seem to wish low demand for the T. Many of the dealer spec cars have undesirable options which can make any car sit on the lot. I am not sure why this car catches negativity but when the books close it will be visible for all to see.
Old 11-09-2018, 11:29 AM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Received 196 Likes on 117 Posts

Porsche North Houston have 4 T's on the lot, three new and one used (1300miles). White and black only. Nicely discounted, 10k. Speak with Rodger in sales.

Note, the open cubby will NOT fit your cellphone, maybe a few quarters.

Quick Reply: Discounts on in-stock Carrera Ts?