Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of going from a 2018 z06 auto to a 2019 base 911 with PDK

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2018 | 01:51 PM
9914s
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JSETarga
I dont know how much you should expect off. However I just bought my car from Mark Chue there two months ago. I shipped my Z06 to them and had the Porsche shipped to me. I have 0 complaints about Champion. The shipping company was not good, but Champion gave me good service and a fair price. I would purchase from them again in future.
Mark is a good guy, I traded my C6 Z06 for a C4s with him never looked back.
Old 11-03-2018 | 03:00 PM
desibaba
Track Day

Which car did you get and how much did you get off MSRP?
Old 11-03-2018 | 03:16 PM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by desibaba
In December of 2017 I bought a new 2018 zo6 corvette 2lz that had an msrp of $89,570 for $78k + tax. How much should I realistically expect to get off of msrp from a new 2019 911 GTS if the msrp is at $135k? I live in south Florida so Champion Porsche is fairly close to me but I have never been there and yes I am aware of their employees stealing customer deposits so Porsche of broward county isn’t that far from me either.
It appears that 1-6% off MSRP is doable on orders but I'd assume a deeper discount for cars on the lot.
Old 11-03-2018 | 03:31 PM
goldduster
Rennlist Member

Two things:
1 - Champion in Fla. I don't know all the details, but, apparently, a company manager is reported to have embezzled a huge amount from the company by diverting customers deposits (reported in Automotive News). From what I have heard, although the Owner was terribly financially hurt by this, he and the insurance company are making good to the customers. PS; anyone knowing more of this please correct me since I am unsure of all of the facts. BTW, I wouldn't hold this against the dealer and wouldn't hesitate to buy a car from him.

2 - I drove many Vettes throughout the years and loved every one of them. A 1995 was my last one. Since then I've been into Porsche's and have been delighted with them. My recommendation, would be for the OP to find a 2017 CPO, at least an S, in a configuration which he thinks will satisfy him. He will find that his wants are very subjective and in a few years with this car will know which options are the best for him.
Old 11-03-2018 | 03:50 PM
Mr. Big
Instructor

I would dump the Z06 because the A8 tranny is a POS and GM knows it. I got rid of my 2016 C7 when it started to act up at 9k miles.
Old 11-03-2018 | 06:20 PM
.2PDK
Race Car

Originally Posted by Mr. Big
I would dump the Z06 because the A8 tranny is a POS and GM knows it.
This.

A well documented problem...
Old 11-03-2018 | 11:32 PM
TimboCarrera
Racer

1. LSD

I would have bought the s had I known. However after driving much in the rain it's getting easier to manage.

2. sound

However after 10000 miles it's getting louder.

I've only driven the stingray 450hp version. It was fine, I have always wanted a 911 so I went that direction.
Old 11-03-2018 | 11:51 PM
EmMHoLLa
Instructor

When the C7 first came out I stopped by several Chevy Dealerships to check it out. In my 2012 BMW 6 Series. Both times they told me that in order to test drive the card I'd need to have my credit run. Mind you my car was still worth more than a new C7 at the time.. That was the first and last time I looked at Chevy as a brand. Get the Porsche.. You won't regret it. When you financial situation improved upgrade to a late model Turbo.. You won't regret it.
Old 11-04-2018 | 12:36 AM
snake eyes
Three Wheelin'

Again, I would wait to see how the 992 vs c8 battle fairs out... my opinion.

The 991 = better than the c7 platform. I've driven both at the track and back roads c7 Z51 and C7 Z06 with z07 package ( both were automatics )
Old 11-04-2018 | 12:55 AM
Psorcery
Banned

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Again, have you driven one? I can answer your question - yes. and it not clunk and rock back & forth. And now you are calling a Targa slow?! Why does buying a Targa mean I won't drive fast or race? How old are you?! To the OP, test drive the models you like visually first and then decide which one you feel most comfortable in because that is why we buy what we buy, and not what people like Psorcery think. I could buy almost any car and I chose the Targa GTS since I love the way it looks, I don't plan on tracking it other than a few events here and there and it has more than enough power for me, Enough said.
I'm not trying to be rude, but have you read my posts? All of them? I'm 29, you mad Arnold? I'm not sure what my age has to do with anything.

Where did I call the targa slow? Stop assuming crap, please just give it a rest. Nobody tracks a Targa, and even if they did they'd be at a huge disadvantage. The targa is an amazing cruiser.

Yes! I have driven, tracked, and rented a base C7 and Z06 more than a coupledozen times.. ***** to the wall driving. They suck ***. Why do my friends and I rent them and thrash them? Because we're bored and we feel like it. I don't have hatred for Corvettes, I love them. I just despise the POS C7. Its a disaster. What else do you want me to repeat? You've owned one and I'm willing to bet my life I've driven it harder and faster than you.

Can the Z06 be fun? Sure.. For a little while and then it's just a pain in the ***.

C6>C7.
Old 11-04-2018 | 01:29 AM
snake eyes
Three Wheelin'

You know on topic of just good cars the ZL1 1LE is very compatible with a 991.1 S on the track. Makes for some fun.

myself chasing a zl1 with an instructor driver at the wheel of zL1
we swap back and forth

Give you an idea, you I’ll be slower than a z06 duh moment .. but the car will be reliable. Feel free to check out my channel
Old 11-04-2018 | 10:09 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Psorcery
I'm not trying to be rude, but have you read my posts? All of them? I'm 29, you mad Arnold? I'm not sure what my age has to do with anything.

Where did I call the targa slow? Stop assuming crap, please just give it a rest. Nobody tracks a Targa, and even if they did they'd be at a huge disadvantage. The targa is an amazing cruiser.

Yes! I have driven, tracked, and rented a base C7 and Z06 more than a coupledozen times.. ***** to the wall driving. They suck ***. Why do my friends and I rent them and thrash them? Because we're bored and we feel like it. I don't have hatred for Corvettes, I love them. I just despise the POS C7. Its a disaster. What else do you want me to repeat? You've owned one and I'm willing to bet my life I've driven it harder and faster than you.

Can the Z06 be fun? Sure.. For a little while and then it's just a pain in the ***.

C6>C7.
I guess I should not give you too hard of a time since I talked and felt like you did in other respects when I was 29. And you did say "Then again, you bought a targa. Driving fast and/or racing is not your thing" That surely is implying the Targa is slow. Enough said.
Old 11-04-2018 | 10:48 AM
Avalon911
Racer

I traded my 2016 Z06 for a .2 C4GTS. The Z06 was a good car and a great performance value, so ignore the childish haters. It did a few things really well and ran like a raped ape (l will say that breaking the rear tires loose at 70mph is a little unsettling). The A8 liked to run hard, but I didn't care for it's demeanor when loafing around town. I might have kept the car (along with the GTS) if it was a manual. The 911 is a much more well rounded sports car and there is no comparison on the build quality. You get what you pay for. My GTS is not far behind the Z06 in performance, but it does everything well, and its a much safer car to push. The only thing I miss on the Vette is the rear hatch and space it had. I found it much easier to load up the Vette with stuff than the 911 on the rare occasion I need to. I don't use the rear seats and the space is a little bit of a waste because it's not that accessible.

You won't regret getting a 911. Best of luck.
Old 11-04-2018 | 10:54 AM
garfunkle
Banned

Real world acceleration won't be too different with a tt 911 and a Z06... The capabilities on the street are night and day though. Even on a track (aside from overheating) the Z06 just struggles for traction - even with the hands of a pro. This gratin of vette finally found the limits of the chassis IMO. The 10 year old 500hp Z06 is my favorite for this reason. Anyway - you really have to look beyond the HP numbers here.... the 911 punches way above it's class and the Z06 can't put the power down so it can't even use the power... effectively not being able to hand in it's weight class in terms of power.

Service is different by dealer and less about the car or brand.
Old 11-04-2018 | 05:04 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

No matter what dealership you go to, you are going to be treated like everyone else unless you get to know the service advisor personally. They see all shapes and colors of cars all day long, they do not give a crap how much yours cost you. At dealerships where they put on a good job of seeming to care, it's just because they're competent at their job.

Quick Reply: Thinking of going from a 2018 z06 auto to a 2019 base 911 with PDK