Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bought yesterday ...2019 Carrera...confused?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2018, 04:35 PM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Received 196 Likes on 117 Posts
Talking

to OP, did you have to pay ADM?
Old 10-24-2018, 04:45 PM
neuneleven
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fine color! Enjoy your new ride and welcome to the night blue metallic club

Old 10-24-2018, 04:57 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,300 Likes on 730 Posts

Very nice car no matter the model number. Congratulations, enjoy it.
Old 10-24-2018, 05:00 PM
verstraete
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Richris1

The only modification I’d like to do at the moment is get the red calipers. Thank you for the information.
Red calipers are part of the S higher performance brake package. Painting the calipers on a base model red is considered "faking it" by many Porsche enthusiasts. Installing an entire S brake package on a base model may or may not be possible, but would not be cost effective. Better to simply buy an S instead.
Old 10-24-2018, 05:24 PM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 180 Posts

Lets have some mercy on the OP- not everyone is up on the model designations like us (ahem) experts. Not everyone is aware of how Porsche does major model updates, that aren't just simple bumper and headlight revisions. So lets be thankful he has a loads of cash to drop on a gorgeous 911 (nice color OP), and has finally reached out to this board of "experts" before he drops another $100 large on some lucky sales guy. He didn't even consult this board on what discount he could expect on the car- he probably has a real job and makes a ton of money.

Welcome OP to the board, you'll love your Porsche. Nice car!
Old 10-24-2018, 05:25 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Originally Posted by verstraete
Red calipers are part of the S higher performance brake package. Painting the calipers on a base model red is considered "faking it" by many Porsche enthusiasts.
More fake news.
Old 10-24-2018, 06:26 PM
rcristobal
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

There are 24 911 variants so I get confused too.

Congrats, nice color/combo except the interior dash I would have done black.
Old 10-24-2018, 08:10 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,364 Likes on 2,307 Posts

But it is not hard to look at the Porsche web site, which has all the models, options, etc.
Old 10-24-2018, 08:12 PM
JYT
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Not a bad car to inadvertently have bought! Very nice color. Congrats!

As for red caliper, I say make it whatever color you want.
Old 10-24-2018, 09:06 PM
Rmlovett1
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by tgavem
to OP, did you have to pay ADM?
ADM?
Originally Posted by neuneleven
Fine color! Enjoy your new ride and welcome to the night blue metallic club

thank you! Beautiful car you have! ��

Originally Posted by Penn4S
Very nice car no matter the model number. Congratulations, enjoy it.
certainly will ! Thank you

Originally Posted by verstraete
Red calipers are part of the S higher performance brake package. Painting the calipers on a base model red is considered "faking it" by many Porsche enthusiasts. Installing an entire S brake package on a base model may or may not be possible, but would not be cost effective. Better to simply buy an S instead.
outstanding info! This is what I need! Thank you

Originally Posted by PJ Cayenne
Lets have some mercy on the OP- not everyone is up on the model designations like us (ahem) experts. Not everyone is aware of how Porsche does major model updates, that aren't just simple bumper and headlight revisions. So lets be thankful he has a loads of cash to drop on a gorgeous 911 (nice color OP), and has finally reached out to this board of "experts" before he drops another $100 large on some lucky sales guy. He didn't even consult this board on what discount he could expect on the car- he probably has a real job and makes a ton of money.

Welcome OP to the board, you'll love your Porsche. Nice car!
I do love the car, thank you. I really didn’t NEED any info when I was car shopping, I was going between a couple different vehicles, and was going to buy no matter what. The info I asked about, though wrongly worded, was irrelevant. I would’ve bought no matter the answer. I just haven’t bought a Porsche in many many years. Other cars, yes...Porsche...not since 1992. Like I said...I didn’t need any info before this purchase, nor does it matter in the least, after this purchase. I was just wondering. Got the discount I was searching for, after my trade, so didn’t need any advice there. I had a real job up until 3 months ago, at which time I retired ��
Thank you, I really like this color! I appreciate it.

Originally Posted by rcristobal
There are 24 911 variants so I get confused too.

Congrats, nice color/combo except the interior dash I would have done black.
��

Originally Posted by jkyrennist
Not a bad car to inadvertently have bought! Very nice color. Congrats!

As for red caliper, I say make it whatever color you want.
Thank you! Definitely not an inadvertent purchase.

Old 10-25-2018, 01:42 AM
digits
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 186 Posts

Congrats on the car! It looks great!

And welcome to the Rennlist forums - there's plenty of lighthearted ribbing here - don't let it bug you, it's all in fun.
And you'll learn stuff here, especially from STG who I think actually does know everything there is to know.

after coming on here and asking.....CLEARLY, I should have done that. My mistake.
No! Please come here first! You'll get more answers than you can shake a stick at! Half of them won't even be sarcastic!

we split time between our FL home, and we have a home in the GA mountains as well. The only modification I’d like to do at the moment is get the red calipers. Thank you for the information.
As far as mods go, I agree with what was posted above - I wouldn't paint the calipers red.

One simple cosmetic mod a lot of people like is to swap out the amber sidelights with some clear LED ones (they still light up amber). It's an easy swap you can do yourself - you can order them here if your dealer can't get them.
https://www.suncoastparts.com/produc...1LEDSIDES.html

Old 10-25-2018, 02:46 AM
cpbmd
Rennlist Member

Received 213 Likes on 102 Posts

Super color. The wheels are awesome too. Forget about the calipers. You got a great car.
Old 10-25-2018, 04:33 AM
TwinTurbo420
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
But it is not hard to look at the Porsche web site, which has all the models, options, etc.
Porsche Web site does not specify model year or tell you that the current configurator for 911 Carrera is 991.2. (It is, but you need to know that from other sources)

Once the 992 is up on the configurator, I doubt very much this will change. You will just have to "know" from other sources, such as this forum, that the 991.2 is no longer able to be custom ordered & now you are custom ordering a 992.
Old 10-25-2018, 04:39 AM
TwinTurbo420
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Good morning all. I’m sorry if this topic has been addressed, but I couldn’t find it anywhere.
I purchased a 2019, 911 Carrera yesterday. In all things I’ve read, the 2019 is supposed to ....or not supposed to....have the different hood, (2 lines/creases)
flush door handles, wide rear spoiler, a touch wider, tweaks inside, etc...mine and the other 2 2019’s at the dealer were identical to 2018. Only thing I saw different was the delete of “911” under the Porsche emblem on rear deck.
Are the newer style 19’s not available? Or is this what the 19 ended up being?
Thank you for any help/clarifications
As you now know, you got a 991.2 which many people think is better than the 992 will be. No one knows pricing, options & you cannot see a 992 at your dealer for a while yet. You can see the spy pix & read comments & speculation here & on other forums. I was also considering 991.2 now vs. waiting a bit for the new 992, b4 I ordered my new CS2 a couple months ago. See my thread:
https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1084...r-992-a-2.html

Enjoy your new car, looks great!
Old 10-25-2018, 07:11 AM
Rmlovett1
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by cpbmd
Super color. The wheels are awesome too. Forget about the calipers. You got a great car.
Yes, I’m not going to do the calipers, unless it’s the same color as they started.
Originally Posted by TwinTurbo420
Porsche Web site does not specify model year or tell you that the current configurator for 911 Carrera is 991.2. (It is, but you need to know that from other sources)

Once the 992 is up on the configurator, I doubt very much this will change. You will just have to "know" from other sources, such as this forum, that the 991.2 is no longer able to be custom ordered & now you are custom ordering a 992.
great info, thank you.

Originally Posted by TwinTurbo420
As you now know, you got a 991.2 which many people think is better than the 992 will be. No one knows pricing, options & you cannot see a 992 at your dealer for a while yet. You can see the spy pix & read comments & speculation here & on other forums. I was also considering 991.2 now vs. waiting a bit for the new 992, b4 I ordered my new CS2 a couple months ago. See my thread:
https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1084...r-992-a-2.html

Enjoy your new car, looks great!
Thank you, appreciated! I’m thinking the rear spoiler on the 992 is questionable. It seems to look ok itself.....reminds me of the old school whale tail when deployed.....but what it exposes underneath.....not so sure how that’ll look.

Quick Reply: Bought yesterday ...2019 Carrera...confused?